View Single Post
(#3841)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

thrrowaway is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.thrrowaway is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!! - 10-04-2020, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer G. White View Post
Are you actually claiming that youtube videos are some kind of evidence. We know that literacy is waning in this generation, but this is really over-the-top. You do not really seem to realize that the "canon" of a TV show or a silly game is of absolutely no interest for us. The general issue of the harmful (spiritually devastating) nature of these games as determined by the scientific community or the Christian community is what interests us.
This is flabbergasting! Valve made the steam page and the same buch of people made the silly game called TF2. Basically, the're assessing their own product. How on God's Earth is that not biased?! And don't try us on the criterion of embarrassment - the exegetics tried that and failed.

You are a person with personal interest invested in this game. Your agreeing with the makers of this product may make it official within the "canon" of the game but once again, it remains anecdotal and now even more heavily biased. We do know that you've been seduced by these silly games and you lack any education on epistemology. Hitherto, that's been understandable but it won't be it any longer now that you've sneaked your way here. This is your chance to get an education. How do you test the Truth™ value of a proposition?

Next: Let us list the fallacies you make (we can continue this in the future).
  • Appeal to authority: both yours and of the unknown persons who made the game. An authority can be wrong. Their word does not count. Only actual peer-reviewed evidence does, and in this case peers do not mean others who play this silly game.
  • Cherry picking: using only sources that agree with you, for instance these videos that I would find both tedious and uninformative.
  • Confirmation bias: accepting only information that supports your preconceptions and ignoring all the thousands of posts in this thread.
It is most interesting that you find the makers of this game the most reliable source that outweighs actual research. Do you utilize this strategy in each and every case when you for instance buy stuff? "We made this car and say it's safe so let's not look at any statistics, This cream will make your face look young, because those who are getting all the money from it say so." A good epistemological toolbox is something that can be employed everywhere. People who simple accept things that they feel comfortable with are those who are little better than slaves of the advertising systems. Those are the people who can easily be manipulated.

I'll try to make it visual for easy understanding:
  • Videos as evidence
  • Those with emotional or financial interest (this "steam")as reliable authorities
  • Internal consistency within a "canon" ("official") as evidence
  • Personal anecdotes as evidence
  • Law (we follow it but do not necessarily think that it is good in all cases) as evidence for spiritual issues
James 4:16
But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.

Yours in Christ,

Elmer
The youtube videos are people reading OFFICIAL COMICS. If you could understand that you are wrong for once in your life then you would figure this out.

They arent promoting their own content. They are saying that its not suitable for children. Its also not biased because its a legal requirement. It has a Mature rating. I told you this, but you said its not relevant.

Yes, it does count actually. And you say peer reviewed. That means the people that play this game. You are not my peers. You are crazy people.

The videos are not tedious or uninformative. They explain a story to a game with a vast amount of lore. But you refuse to use it since its youtube. So i dunno about that. And of course i use things that support my side. Im not gonna use your god awful stand point.

And im not gonna look at posts of genuine psychopaths that look too deep into angry birds for gods sake.

You do realize... We are talking about a video game... This is actual research in this scenario. Canon and game play applies here. We arent talking about cars or cream. Its a free game that actively says kids shouldn't play it

The law applies. You cant play it if its not in your age range. Her kid wasnt allowed to play the game. He did not ask for consent if he could play, but this mom blew it way out of proportion. He was having fun and suddenly she turns it into "Heavy and Medic are banging in the back room" You see what im saying?