View Single Post
(#14)
Old
Fourm Member
Forum Member

True Christian™ Heaven Bound True Christian Caucasian True Christian Homemaker True Christian Lady Christian Love 1st Year Bible College Real American™ The Lord’s Witness Wound Heaven Bound Cleanest Kitchen Best stoning bucket Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Bronze Tither Best Pie One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Mama Grizzly Persecuted The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Pro-Life Punched the most queers True Republican

BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: God hates bloody steaks! - 05-14-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters View Post
Now that we're approaching barbecue season, we need to be careful, lest a seemingly innocent act should outrage the Almighty. I am talking, of course, about eating bloody steaks.

When Noah left the Ark, God gave him laws, including the following:

Genesis 9:4: But flesh with the life thereof, [which is] the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Since this law was given to Noah, we cannot ignore it as part of the old Jewish covenant. Instead, it applies to the descendants of Noah, i.e., to everyone.

In fact, it was reiterated during New Testament times and specifically indicated as applying to Gentiles by the command of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 15:19-20: Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and [from] fornication, and [from] things strangled, and [from] blood.

Acts 15:28-29: For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Acts 21:25: As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written [and] concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from [things] offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

So be sure that you don't enrage the Holy Ghost by eating anything with blood in it. All meats sold in Freehold County grocery stores are certified to have had all the blood drained and not to come from animals that were strangled or sacrificed to idols.

I'm sorry, I know I have no scripture to back me up, but I love a rare steak. I want to stick a fork in it and hear it moo. If the meat is hung and aged for 21 days is that good enough to call it bled? I know there's others on here that love their rare meats.

Drama queen