View Single Post
(#10)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Honorary Ex-Negro/Negress/Nigglet Proud Niglet Sponsorer Protected by JESUS

Ted Jones has bribed people to get these reputation points.Ted Jones has bribed people to get these reputation points.Ted Jones has bribed people to get these reputation points.Ted Jones has bribed people to get these reputation points.Ted Jones has bribed people to get these reputation points.Ted Jones has bribed people to get these reputation points.Ted Jones has bribed people to get these reputation points.Ted Jones has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Lest We Forget The TRUE Meaning of Thanksgiving... - 11-28-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Luckily, for the colonists, an ex-slave named Squanto had recently escaped slavery in England, spoke English fluently and was able to act as field boss. Squanto was the first ex-injun, and he was also one of the only survivors of his tribe, the rest had been wiped out from the European smallpox plagues years before.

When it came to helping the heroic and Godly team of colonists, Squanto, not only was able to put aside his personal differences with the people who had enslaved him and killed off his entire tribe, but also helped make the colonists self-sufficient, and aided in brokering a treaty with the Wampanoag tribe.
This sermon was breath taking, leaving me in complete awe from start to finish.

I was able to feel the power that God gave his European men, who made sure that the power they were given, was used exactly the way God would have wanted them to use it.

And my heart started racing so fast, feeling so amazed with what God put Squanto through. That it left me feeling encouraged, and every excited, for whatever future God has planned for me.

I could have only imaged that God wanted to destroy the will of those indians that came in contact with Squanto. God enjoyed hearing the fluent English speaking ex-slave, who is now a field boss, being used to oversee his own people, by the men that wiped out his whole tribe from the European smallpox.

I enjoyed seeing God put Squanto in those difficult situations, making him put aside his personal differences, with the people who enslaved him and killed off his entire tribe.

Squanto could see how heroic and Godly these colonists were, so I would hope that his actions now come from submission to those that are just greater than you. I would hope that at this point, Squanto is following his heart, choosing to help the European colonists for as long as he can, and not caring at all, to what was going to happen to his own people.