View Single Post
(#33)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Luther T Washington has had a couple of people click the rep button.Luther T Washington has had a couple of people click the rep button.Luther T Washington has had a couple of people click the rep button.Luther T Washington has had a couple of people click the rep button.
Default Re: The world is crumbling all around us - 06-28-2009, 01:23 AM

I followed this thread with great interest as Pastor Zeke and Brother Lazarus attempted valiantly to bring this Jupiter into the fold.

What Jupiter failed to realize is that the gift Jesus gave us, eternal salvation, has to be earned.

Jesus died a horrible, ugly death. He was hung on a cross and tortured in ways none of us can imagine. Too many people, people like Jupiter, think that the gift Jesus gave was something easy, something to be taken for granted.

The path to salvation is a hard road, full of steep climbs, rocks, pitfalls, and precipitous cliffs. So many think that by reading the more soft Bible verses like John 3:16 they are automatically saved. The Bible must be considered in its entirety. It is full of stories where salvation has to be earned. Consider Job, David, even Lazarus. Each had to endure terrible hardship, and often, God's rebuke.

It is easy to say to yourself "Jesus loves me so I am saved." It isn't that simple. A man can't just talk the talk, he must walk the walk, and that walk can be painful both physically and psychologically. I wish more people understood that. I pray Jupiter, and other "soft" Christians come to understand that.

Have a Blessed day, T-Bone

1 Corinthians 7:22 For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant.