View Single Post
(#1)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

angel. is fearful, unbelieving, a liar, a whoremonger, and abominable. Has a place in the Lake of Fire secured.
Default angel.: My Introduction - 07-02-2019, 06:38 AM

Hey

Im a mixed race girl who found the lords light in the depths of drug addiction and despair. Luckily, my grandma told me to pick up a bible and I felt like the words were speaking directly to me. I attended my local church more and more and it finally felt like somewhere I could call home. I stopped my substance abuse.

Through Gods kind teachings about loving my neighbour, I worked on a refugee project nearby to help those less fortunate than me and worked with small children who had been forced into hiding. This made me a happier person.

Im a gay woman who lives with her girlfriend in a big city and we couldnt be happier. Revisionist hermeneutics can seem pretty silly when we consider who Jesus was. Jesus, a first-century Jewish theologian, would almost certainly have held the traditional Jewish belief about same-sex relations—that is, he would have believed such sexual activity was sinful." Jesus said it, I believe it, that settles it” is a pretty stupid mode of Christianity because it doesn't allow any room for the fact that we are in a modern society.there are times in the gospels when Jesus admits to not knowing something. For example, when a person snatches his robe in the hopes of receiving a miracle, he asks his disciples who did that. Or, for that matter, an elaborate position on human sexuality that takes into account all the advances the social sciences have made in the past few decades. But what about the story where God creates the entire universe in six 24-hour periods? What about all of the laws described in the Torah, like the one that forbids wearing different fabrics together, or planting different kinds of seeds in the same field? What about that law that demands rebellious children be stoned to death? Or to sell all you own and donate the money to the poor? Surely you dont believe that too.Were Jesus to befriend gay couples committed to each other in love and fidelity, I find it tough to believe he would reject their relationships on the grounds that all same-sex love is necessarily abominable.

But by thinking along with, or inside of, the memory of Jesus, which is dynamic and always contemporary, and constantly on the move, we can hazard a guess that this same Jesus—who is always coming to the aid of those cast out of polite society, who is always challenging religious ideologues, who is constantly wrestling with the scriptures and re-imagining their applications—might some day find himself being asked to create wine at a gay wedding.

If you dont believe that a gay mixed woman could possibly be accepted with the Lord, I have spoken to God twice and he tells me to keep pushing through and breaking these strong right wing nonsense