View Single Post
(#65)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

blendmaster345 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Atheist fallacies - 04-01-2013, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
A fallacy is an error in reasoning or logic.
Begging the question. Also known as circular reasoning. This is when a claim is assumed to be true without any evidence to support it other than the claim itself. For example, atheists presuppose that God doesn’t exist and then claim that all evidence supporting the existence of God must be flawed because He doesn’t exist. We, on the other hand, know that God exists because the Bible tells us so, and we know that the Bible is reliable because it tells us it is inspired by God.

If I were God, I would/ wouldn’t… I wasn’t sure what to call this one, so I made up a name for it. Perhaps someone else on this godly forum knows the proper name. This is when people try to disprove God’s existence by claiming that if they God they would do things differently. For example, Richard Dawkins claimed that if God were real, He would have created fewer species. People often say something like, “If I were God, I wouldn’t allow suffering in the world; therefore God doesn’t exist.” Just because you might do things differently if you were God doesn’t mean God doesn’t exist. Personally, I wouldn’t do anything differently if I were God. He is perfect.
You say that Atheists use Circular Reasoning, however, when you say "I wouldn't do anything differently if I were God. He is perfect", you are using circular thinking. You say that god does everything perfectly, because god is perfect. Your only reasoning for why god is perfect seems to be because he just is.

Also, learn to use normal apostrophes.