View Single Post
(#5)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Jono_m is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Witnessing to a Seventh-Day Adventist - 10-05-2014, 02:01 AM

I found this place from google.. Tonight I googled 'SDA witnessing to someone'

To be honest, I'm going through a personal time of struggle.. I'm Australian, I went to a SDA school and went to a SDA church. My mum, bless her has been the rock.. 3 siblings. Growing up in the big bad world and puberty, coolness, rebellion, yeah judgement too.. I wasn't a bad kid, I kept my morals, yes guilty of peer pressure, done my far share of drink and drugs... I decided to goto England as a holiday visa with my beloved of 10 years.. Un separable, but also diverted from church and god.. Did the typical Aussie travel of Europe, partied etc.. But I broke up.. I've wondered in this place for 3 years being stubborn, naive.. Buried my problems, felt like if I go home I'm a failure. I have a great job good friends but not enough.. Then an old friend came into my life, I think God did this, she's been getting into her church and bible, but she does LDS and kinesiology.. Lovely girl.. Known her since I was 8yrs, yeah I guess love her too.. She's back home in oz.. I've struggled with their beliefs and what she does as a business.. What it did is motivate me to witness to her, I'm guilty of doing it because I have beliefs of SDA. I'm no saint.. We talk about religion and it's hard as we all love to throw bible verses at each other.. I'm rusty, haven't practiced, been to church in years.. But one thing I've recently realised is my life and the way I live.. Smoke drink drugs etc.. But I've felt I need to witness to her.. Dunno why, maybe it's because I do love her.. But as a result it's gotten me closer to God.. My England perfect world I feel is cracking... And decidid to go home last week 6 years here long time... So I've been getting back into my religion SDA on my own accord.. Tonight there was a house party, drinks drugs etc going on, but a friend of mind said no dont want any, I'm guilty of can't say no, yes it's wrong and I'm removing myself from the environment and going home. But what really really smacked me on the face is a good friend who I see socially, didn't partay.. Understandable... Everyone needs to chuck in... Offered some, he's done heaps before, typical night.. But he said he'd been recently baptised and reading his bible, not interested, happy to drink... I was honestly gob smacked.. He said he's been going though bible etc.. I almost felt like crying, I went quiet and then called early night.. I've been honestly struggling with lonelyness since the breakup and buying a ticket home after 6 years has been a battle, I have becom closer to God,, that little voice. "Jono what are you doing"... Tonight when he said this I felt I needed to witness to him.. What do you do??? Google? I googled for an answer.. "Witnessing to someone SDA" but I saw this site.. I just wanna say, where not that bad as you think, we practise on Saturday, as we believe Saturday is the 7th day and Sunday is 1st day of the week.. I'm no saint, but it's what I believe.. You have believe of different scripture, we scrutinise it, like everyone else.. Our beliefs are the bible. Elen g white, we don't take it literal as doctrine, but as examples. we are in fact encouraged to look for our ourselves, research and question, what is true or not.. We don't have official read this only stuff.. I can understand struggle with getting through to an SDA, when one might feel what is truth.. Everything is all referenced to the bible... If you question the pastor or value your welcome To research it, the bible and verses can have many different individual interpret, which is why it's so beautiful.. But it causes so much unjust.. I guess that is sin... But long story short, where not what all those hate sites, cult, conspiracy, false teaching.. I guess we practise on Saturday which makes us different... I was witnessed tonight by a catholic.. It really gave me hope that god works through people.. It gave me something that what I've been doing for the last few months and getting back to my religion, but finding someone out in a very very non Christian environment is amazing and given me much much more.. I dunno energy to leave England and start a new life.. I'm 31 soon, is taken stubbornness, pride and a breakup to get where I am... I've got the best job here, pays well, but I think God is whispering to tell me time to come home... I am honestly taking a leap of faith... Hope you all understand... It's Bit long winded, but point to say is SDA isn't that bad, were not perfect and sin just like you...