View Single Post
(#39)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Son of John is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Day 1. Genesis 1-3 - 10-03-2012, 07:14 PM

Though it has been a while since this thread has been posted in, there is something regarding Genesis 1-3 that I've been wondering about, and this seems the appropriate place to put it.

Genesis 1:24 through Genesis 1:27 tells us that God made the animals of the world before He made man: "And God said, 'Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.' And it was so. God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. Then God said, 'Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.' So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them." All of which is very well and good, and very profoundly written.

But during the story telling of the creation of Adam, Genesis 2:19 through Genesis 2:20 tells us that the beasts and birds of the Earth came after man: "Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals." Again, all well and good, as it explains how man came to dominate over the creatures of the world.

But we are taught that the word of the Bible is 100% true, and in these places, the story of the Bible contradicts itself. I don't wish to say that the Bible is wrong - for that would be blasphemous - nor do I want to discredit the possibility that, in His power, God could have done both at once. So the question I pose is thus: Are both versions of the order of events during Creation correct, or is it only one; and, if the later, which one?