View Single Post
(#14)
Old
Apparently not part of the domestic staff; suspected academic
Forum Member

Christian Love Protected by JESUS Messicant Touched by Jesus Friend of Jesus Heaven Bound Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars

Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: CHALLENGE TO ALL ATHEISTS: COME AND COMMIT BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST - 03-27-2019, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutman03 View Post
I have actually, But I always have questions that can't be answered with the Bible and God. I am open minded and I have looked at it from all sides. I can see it through your eyes, even though I may not agree with it.
Hello Miss Scoutmain, I don't think we have interacted before. I do applaud your attempt at cultural relativism; however, if at the end of your experiment, you still don't agree with your opponent's position, that would mean you are not really looking at it through his or her eyes.

Quote:
Let's take feminism real quick. It WAS good. It gave women the right to vote, equal pay, ect.
I am not sure what is covered under "etc" but I do agree that getting the right to vote was great. The equal pay thing, it would be great if it ever happens. Here is a graphic from the Pew Research Center:

I will happily provide more statistics if you so desire. Or, you could google "pay inequalities gender" yourself.
Quote:
But now, it's not needed in the slightest.
So, you think we don't need to fight for equal pay for women? In this case, you have more in common with this lovely Baptist community than you think - they, too, believe that women are inferior creatures who do not deserve equal pay.

Quote:
It's just anti-man now, along with abortion which is not ok in the slightest. It also includes a lot of white shaming and skinny shaming.
And all the feminists are doing all of that?

Quote:
Now if we take a look at it from a feminist viewpoint, it kinda makes sense even though it's not ethical nor factually based. Like abortion, "What if the women is raped, and she isn't ready for a child?" Ok, that makes sense. BUT, the rate of rape in the U.S is 0.1% in the U.S. So chances of the situation is slim.
The chances that Boeing 787 will crush killing all passengers are also slim, yet all civilized countries grounded these planes after barely second occurrence.

Quote:
Now let's take that into this situation. A scientist by the name of Dr. Stephan Unwin calculated that there is a 67% chance of God existing, so more than half. (Here's the link if you would like to check it out for yourself. https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...reducation.uk1)
I'm more of a social scientist and therefore not much of a number person, but I do logic. So here is a logic thought experiment for you. Think of all recorded human history. Our species did some great things, but also a lot of very shitty things, such as genocides, slavery, colonization, other forms of oppression... Most if not all of these acts were done using religion - and therefore God - as their justification. I'm not saying religion is cause of all wars and oppression - economical aspects certainly play a role - but it does provide justification and thus motivation for those who are committing all sorts of atrocities.

How come God allowed all these atrocities committed in His name?

Now, think of the victims of these crimes. Some of them were atheist, but many of them believed in God. And they prayed, that God would help them. And prayed. And prayed. To no avail.

What sort of a God doesn't listen to the prayers of those who are suffering?

So, in my view, there are three possibilities:

(1) God exists, He created us, but for whatever reason He's powerless now. Don't bother praying to Him - He cannot help you and/or He cannot hear you. So basically, worshiping Him is a waste of your time.

(2) God exists, He is all-powerful, but it's that He doesn't really care. He is a Great Scientist watching a rat experiment in the lab. He doesn't care about individual rats, He only cares about the outcome of the experiment as a whole. In this case, I don't think He's even worth of our worship, and even if you still think He is worth of our worship - well, He won't listen to you, so your prayer is a waste of your time.

(3) The true reason why God allows innocent people to suffer and does not listen to their prayers is because He does not exist at all. In which case, praying and worshiping something that does not exist, is again a waste of your time.

As I mentioned before, I'm not that great at numbers, so I won't provide pretty numbers for each of these possibilities. Nonetheless, I hope I provided enough arguments to show that praying to a deity which either (1) is powerless, or (2) doesn't care, or (3) doesn't exist, is, yeah you guessed it - a waste of your time.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.