View Single Post
(#15)
Old
True Christian™ Theologian
Forum Member

SalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity - 12-27-2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post
Salvation Seeker, I'm very curious as to how you translate "all" to mean "all sins but one." You make good points elsewhere in your post, and I'm thinking about them, but I don't see how all can mean all but one. All is not an ambiguous word.
Because that's what the Bible says.
So one could indeed say that God forgives all sins, except one. (See verse below)

Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
Mark 3:28-29

Maybe I should rather call it an unforgivable blasphemy or such;
But it's obviously an exception to a rule. (That God forgives all sin.)
(And exceptions to rules aren't unheard of, now are they?)
Thus: God forgives all sins, except one.

If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: But if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
A foolish woman is clamorous: She is simple, and knoweth nothing.
Proverbs 9:12-13