View Single Post
(#16)
Old
A.k.a. "Peter the Tweeter"
Unsaved trash, fails at universal grammar
Became world champion of laziness without even trying

Commmmmunnissss Full of it Strawman Cathlick Ad hominem

PeterCrackhead is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.PeterCrackhead is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.PeterCrackhead is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.PeterCrackhead is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.PeterCrackhead is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: 5 Reasons why Freehold pools have no lifeguards - 12-01-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
You did not specify that. "We" could mean anything; if an Icelander said "We elected Guðni Jóhannesson," I would not assume they meant to include me. Similarly when a communist uses the W word, it's of narrow significance.

* No it isn't. That's the minimum wage. The average price of wage-labour is called (wait for it) the average wage.

Apart from the idiocy of the content (for example under such conditions however would they sell anything in order to increase their capital?) and a typically gross misunderstanding of basic economics, the "we" there does not include me. In fact it includes very few humans.
Actually, Marx is correct. I guess economic history isn’t your bag he is refuting Thomas Robert Malthus’ conception of what minimum wage is for wage labor. Malthus a minister in the Church of England created the Malthus Trap where as food production and wages grew so did population thus creating an equilibrium between growth of the population and the levels food production that maintain poverty. This of course as you would agree with conclusion was created by God to maintain stability in the population and teach people to live a virtuous life.

Marx, denied that claim and instead argued that Malthus’ trap was instead a function of wage labor exploitation in the capitalist economy. Furthermore it also benefited the capitalist to keep is his/her employees at this subsistence living level so they couldn’t afford to step out of line. People just barely holding on to an existence tend to not for Fight their oppressors.