View Single Post
(#12)
Old
True Christian™ Theologian
Forum Member

SalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity - 12-14-2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
Matthew 5:9

Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
Psalms 34:14
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6
And we ARE peacemakers and we DO seek peace. And just like our glorious hand-picked-by-God-president, the honorable George W Bush, has realized:
We too know the best way to attain peace is to slaughter everyone who may cause trouble.

Quote:
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
I John 4:7-8
God is love and MORE. God is more than ONE thing, friend.
And we do love, we love our brothers and sisters.. Even you infact. -
Really, why do you think we try to save you from hell?
It's cause we love you, even though you are a disgusting scumbag.

Quote:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16
"The world" doesn't equal everyone and everything in it, I suggest you read the Holy Bible more..
Try reading verses in context sometimes?

Quote:
This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
Quote:
I John 4:9-11
This verse applies to us True Christians only.
For it says "since God so loved us" and since God hates sinners (Psalm 5:5) it means those who are sinfree.
And who's sinfree? True Christians like us. (1 John 3:6)
And it says that we True Christians are to love one another. And we do.

Quote:
Notice that he loved us before we loved him. If God only loved the saved, he would never have sacrificed his Son- before the death of Jesus, we were all sinners.
You forget that God knows all things, and thus knew who would repent and love Him IN ADVANCE.
Thus, God died for those who would become Saved.
To think otherwise is to blaspheme His omnipotence.

Quote:
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
I John 1:9

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Colossians 2:13
Yes, all sins except one.

Quote:
There are many myths about Christianity, and the verses you presented do a good job of disproving them. But, according to the scriptures, these 3 topics are not myths, but the Word of God.
So, which Bible verses do we believe?
I believe the entire Bible, 100%.
And unlike you.. I'm not in the habit of taking verses out of context.

If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: But if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
A foolish woman is clamorous: She is simple, and knoweth nothing.
Proverbs 9:12-13