View Single Post
(#40)
Old
Fourm Member
Forum Member

True Christian™ Heaven Bound True Christian Caucasian True Christian Homemaker True Christian Lady Christian Love 1st Year Bible College Real American™ The Lord’s Witness Wound Heaven Bound Cleanest Kitchen Best stoning bucket Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Bronze Tither Best Pie One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Mama Grizzly Persecuted The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Pro-Life Punched the most queers True Republican

BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Atheist fallacies - 02-15-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth I Seek View Post
It's just a matter ofsemantics. In practice both discussion and debate are the same, 2 or more people speaking about a subject.
Wow, so this is what public education has come to...

Perhaps you should read a dictionary before you attempt the KJV Bible.

Definition of discussion
noun

[mass noun]
  • the action or process of talking about something in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas: the committee acts as a forum for discussion the EC directive is currently under discussion
  • [count noun] a conversation or debate about a specific topic: discussions about environmental improvement
  • [count noun] a detailed treatment of a topic in speech or writing: see Appendix One, for a more detailed discussion
Origin:

Middle English (denoting judicial examination): via Old French from late Latin discussio(n-), from discutere 'investigate' (see discuss)

Definition of debate
noun

• a formal discussion on a particular matter in a public meeting or legislative assembly, in which opposing arguments are put forward and which usually ends with a vote: last night’s debate on the Education Bill
  • an argument about a particular subject, especially one in which many people are involved: the national debate on abortion [mass noun]: there has been much debate about prices
verb

[with object]
  • argue about (a subject), especially in a formal manner: MPs debated the issue in the Commons [no object]: members of the society debated for five nights
  • [with clause] consider a possible course of action in one’s mind before reaching a decision: he debated whether he should leave the matter alone or speak to her
Phrases

be open to debate

be unproven and requiring further discussion: whether a further wave of takeovers would benefit consumers is open to debate

under debate

being discussed or disputed: the subject is still under debate

Quote:
Let them ban me if they are so insecure of their beliefs that this is the only way they have to deal with someone that is not being rude to them.
Kicking a yappy dog does not mean I'm insecure about the dog. It means it's pestered me to the point I don't want to listen to it any more.

For some reason most of you atheist type come here looking to be banned. Somehow you think that annoying us to the point that our pastors kick you out the door somehow proves your intelligence. It doesn't. It just means you're an annoying yappy little dog who got kicked out the door for being a pest.

Drama queen