View Single Post
(#27)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

undecided is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Follow the Word of God, not your "conscience" - 07-05-2010, 07:48 PM

So, you're basically saying that you should not use your mind to make decisions, but rather you should blindly follow the Bible and let it make all your decisions for you? I disagree with that. The mind is the tool of human survival. We are not animals. We have no claws, no sharp teeth, only a wonderfully intelligent mind, capable of logic and reason. But you propose that we abandon our tool of survival and follow this book, blindly making decisions based off of it. How are we supposed to survive, if we leave behind the only tool that keeps ourselves alive?
Do you even know what survival is? Since this site seems to define good as "the avoidance of evil" you may define survival as "the avoidance of death." That is wrong. By that logic building is just the avoidance of destruction. Yet centuries of abstaining from destroying will not raise one building for you to avoid destroying, just as not dying does not mean that you are surviving. Survival is not the act of reproducing so that the species continues, which you might find as evil according to your book anyway. Survival is the act by which you are able to lead a productive, happy life. Productive because you can have a job and support yourself through free trade. Happy because you can follow your moral values, the moral values given to you by your mind, because it is your mind that allows you to survive.
Following your book, the Bible, will not bring you the great life that it tells you it will. Following that book will simply erase your mind, bit by bit, until the time comes that you are no longer able to make decisions based on your own judgement any longer. It looks like some of you are already at that point, and for you my post is useless, because you aren't reading it trying to understand it, but you are reading it trying to not understand, to use your non-mind to blank out my logic. I am appealing to those of you who are not at that point. Come back to your mind. Use your mind to make decisions, rather than the book you blindly follow.
Some background on myself: I was raised roman catholic, but my mind has been telling me otherwise my entire life.