View Single Post
(#20)
Old
Unsaved trash

Megan1993 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Megan1993 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Megan1993 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Should Homeschoolers Have Proms? - 10-27-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores de Barriga View Post
Hello Miss Megan. I agree with you. Large chunks of the Old Testament have been copied from older Mesopotamian sources. The creation story is clearly based on Enuma Elish. The Flood story is a revamped version of Gilgamesh. Story of Moses is modeled after the biography of Sargon the Great - the basket in the river and all. The Old Testament laws were modeled after the Ur-Nammu and later Hammurabi law codes - which was possibly copied from Urukagina's, but that text didn't survive.

Moving on to the New Testament, the whole die-for-your-sins idea is clearly a reheated Osiris story, and John's gospel is so Gnostic it's truly surprising that it was not thrown to the Apocrypha pile when the canon of the Bible was being decided.

I wish humanity invented writing earlier than it did. Then, maybe we could trace the religion lineage all the way to the oldest temple on earth, and understand the evolution of religions better.

Exactly. Maybe this lovely community is correct, but maybe they are wrong and the Baha'i are correct. Or maybe the Suhrawardiyya Sufi Muslims are the ones who got it right, and everyone else is wrong. Or maybe only some random shamanistic Siberian tribe is right. Or maybe all religions are wrong and have been invented to bring comfort for in times of suffering, and to keep masses in control of the elites?

This is a very interesting vision. A god weeping when people kill each other in his name. Tell me, does he not interfere in all of these mass murders because he can't, or because he doesn't want to - he prefers weeping over action?

True. We are just lab rats in God's laboratory. He doesn't care about individual rats, He's just observing an experiment.

...Of course, then I remember Hell and I'm afraid I'm going there for my heretic thoughts.
Because if God has endowed us with free will wouldn't him intervening undermine the freewill he intended us to have?