View Single Post
(#37)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

ahannah is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Why Roman Catholic Papists Are NOT Christians - 08-26-2008, 02:07 AM

I happen to be Catholic. I have many friends who are Catholic, many who are Baptist, and many who subscribe to other Christian denominations. Who cares?! No matter how each religion views each of the other religions, it all boils down to this: we all claim to be Christian, we all believe in God, and we are all trying to do our best to get to Heaven. Perhaps if we all would spend more time focusing on what we have in common, rather than dwelling on the relatively small number of things that are different, then maybe there would be less conflict in the world. In my understanding, no Christian - no one who considers oneself to be Christian - would take joy in willfully attacking other people. It is my understanding that no Christian religion promotes ridicule, insults, discourtesy, or lies as being the pathway to Heaven. And indeed, good Christians, whatever denomination, would try to treat all people with great respect, since they are, after all, creations of God. And besides, I don't think any religion ever gained true converts through acts of disrespect. Rather, people are most likely to convert if they are shown love and kindness. Everybody, please treat everyone else with the respect they deserve.