View Single Post
(#12)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

Cherry-picker

Sword of the Spirit is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Sword of the Spirit is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Sword of the Spirit is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Sword of the Spirit is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Sword of the Spirit is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Sword of the Spirit is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: True Christians are Perfect! - 11-24-2010, 12:04 AM

Rather than 'Christian's cannot sin' I believe that 'Christians should not sin'. My reasoning? I can still physically contradict any of the ten commandments. That would be sin, correct?

As for John 7:24, what ARE you judging by? If you see a woman in black walking down the street late at night, or perhaps someone walking out of a Mormon temple, what is the first thing that you think? (more on this is you quote this)

To say that 'in the blood of Christ I am cleansed', then I agree. However saying simply 'I have no sin' comes across in a manner that it appears that we don't need Christ to save us. The latter would be false, and would be denying the divinity of God.

As for the ten commandments, and other laws, I heard something that made sense and seemed to run with scripture; the law was given to show man how sinful he was, and how much he needed a saviour, because whether or not we knew we sinned, we were swimming in sin 'for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God'. I totally agree that we should keep it, as it defined sin, but I don't think that it should be limited there. If that makes sense

Murder is usually defined as the taking of innocent life (innocent in the case of non-combat, as you would be hard-pressed to find 'innocent' people in those times). However, now that we can save those people whose blood we 'wish' to spill, it really does become murder.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other"