View Single Post
(#4)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

True Republican

Location: Pastor Deacon Fred Hall, Landover Christian University School of Law, Freehold, Iowa, God's Country
Ahimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Day 105. 2 Kings 7-9 - 01-15-2008, 01:40 AM

A little note or two on 2 Kings 9, then I'm done.

And when thou comest thither, look out there Jehu the son of Jehoshaphat the son of Nimshi, and go in, and make him arise up from among his brethren, and carry him to an inner chamber; Then take the box of oil, and pour it on his head, and say, Thus saith the LORD, I have anointed thee king over Israel. Then open the door, and flee, and tarry not. 2 Kings 9:2

As you will recall from 1 Kings 19:16, God instructed Elijah to annount Jehu sone of Nimshi as king: And Jehu the son of Nimshi shalt thou anoint to be king.

Setting aside the fact that God took Elijah up into Heaven before Elijah could annoint anyone King (by passing the mantle, that duty fell upon Elisha), was Jehu Nimshi's son or Jehosephat's son?

There is only one way to resolve this. Nimshi must have been both Jehu's mother and Jehosephat's mother. While this sounds like an incestual union (actually, it doesn't just sound that way, it IS that way), inbreeding is a time-honored tradition among royal houses. Just look at Prince Charles of England for an example of royal breeding gone terribly wrong.

Wall Pissers

I will cut off from Ahab him that pisseth against the wall.... 2 Kings 9 As I have been warning for some time now, DO NOT PISS AGAINST WALLS!

Pour out thy fury upon the heathen that know thee not, and upon the families that call not on thy name.... Jeremiah 10:25