View Single Post
(#17)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Kazoo is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Care to explain the Dodo bird Darwinist??? - 07-01-2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamJenningsBryan View Post
This notion is completely wrong. Fear is indeed instinctive and is mitigated in the brain by a structure known as the limbic system (part of the autonomic nervous system - fear is also known as the "fight-or-flight" response). We actually have to learn to trust things, not the other way around. No one would survive if there were not an instinctive fear, God made this automatic so that animals would not be completely helpless when they are young.
Though true in select instances, such examples as I illustrated show that environment and society are also, in many instances, large contributors to such responses. The video entailed below gives a very brief description of this, however, it has been shown that if a species has no natural predators in their habitat, they will not tend to be [as] fearful of any newly introduced species in said habitat. Reference

Quote:
So now you, the alleged defender of Darwin, are asserting that there never was a time that chickens and turkeys were not domesticated. You must be incredibly stupid or are just putting forth sophomoric statements just to be argumentative.
And again, I must correct you, for I was alleging that humans, at one point, domesticated the animals, never that they have been domestic since their creation. How you arrived at that conclusion remains an enigma to me.

Quote:
Now it is you that are confused. You originally asserted that extinction had nothing to do with evolution. The original question in this thread was the discrepancy over the short time it took for the Dodo to disappear and the Darwinist theory that evolution occurs over long periods of time. Now you are somehow agreeing that the Dodo "was already on its way towards extinction". So now which side are you really on? Does evolution have anything to do with extinction or not?
Forgive me for this digression, but have you never learned to debate without the use of logical fallacies? I said nothing of evolution and here you are incessantly trying to work it in where it does not belong. Yes, the dodo was already on its way to extinction, whether you want to place the supposed flood else the introduced predators first on the timeline, both events would in turn lead to the species' extinction. And yet, without delving into ridiculously deep intricacies, we see no relevant mention of evolution in this argument.

Quote:
This bring us back to my original post on this matter which was that the Darwinists and neo-Darwinists are still not sure how all this takes place. Research on evolution has mainly concentrated on speciation, not extinction. The fact of the matter is that species are going extinct all the time, your Darwinists claim that this is a natural process.
Yes, there are, in essence, two types of extinction: extinction through evolution, else a lack thereof and extinction through introduction. In the former, the process argued by supporters of evolution, as a species evolves, its directly former evolutionary form will, in essence, die out and be replaced by this new creature. A second digression of this type of evolution is that in which a species fails to evolve in par with its ecological competitors and is in turn either hunted to extinction, else starved to extinction.

Now, in the latter form aforementioned, extinction will occur when a new variable is introduced into the ecosystem, thus throwing off a balance. The variable will inevitably find its own niche in the habitat, and will likely displace any number of other species who will then fail to adapt in sufficient time and will become extinct as thus. This second process has naught to do with natural extinction and the natural process of evolution and is generally a man-made occurrence.

Quote:
Given your past performance here one would have to conclude that you don't even have enough intelligence to comprehend the Bible (KJV1611) and will remain unsaved trash for the foreseeable future.
Rather irrelevant to our argument, however, it is rather out of a lack of sufficient interest, not out of stupidity, that I have since refrained from delving over your Bible. Of course, it is likely that I shall indeed remain unsaved trash. I do believe that I can live with that.