View Single Post
(#275)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

WretchedAndDivine is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Black Veil Brides: High Priests Of EMO Religion Now With Army To Kill All Christians - 03-21-2020, 01:18 AM

Hi, I made an account to respond to this specifically. I have two things I want to say about this post. The first is that using physical punishment is not the right way to discipline your child. My parents are devote Christians and used to spank me when I did something wrong. We found out quickly that it just made me flinch away from them and didn't correct behavior. Instead, use things like extra chores and responsibilities, time away from tech, or not hanging out with friends. I know that worked for me and corrected my bad behavior. Secondly, emo is not a cult or religion. Its a type of fashion, art, and music style. The band in question is not labelled as emo but rather as goth or heavy metal/rock. Andy does not invoke violence on his fans at all. He doesn't drink or smoke and is a very nice person in real life. The pictures you used are not in the correct context. The first is of Andy after he fell off stage and broke his nose. The second is him joking around licking a prop for one of their music videos. No one in that gif as jerking off, one man was uncoiling rope, one was laughing, and the other was going up to itch his face. I would advise you not to manipulate things to your gain, it will cause problems in the future. The band does however use religious and creative imagery in songs and music videos. They have a sense for dramatics, and that's all it is. Just as fiction novels have things like villains, heroes, prophets, and warriors, the band does to. These bands are not meant to hurt others or change their religion. If one fan does harm themselves or change religions, it is simply that fans personal choice. I am a fan of goth/emo bands and I do not cut myself. Your daughter is harming herself either for attention or because she needs an outlet for things she's feeling. As someone who suffers from complex ptsd, depression, and severe anxiety, I understand her struggle. Get her a good therapist, someone to confide in and talk to. Don't get made and hurt her more, it leads a child to hate their parents, to know that hurting themselves means getting hurt by others. I say this with as much respect as possible, you are damaging your child by proving that you are not afraid to harm her. She will be scared of you and she will hate you.