Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > Creation Science
Reload this Page What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity
Creation Science The origins of life and the earth from a creationist (Biblical) perspective.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21)
Old
PleaseKYS's Avatar
PleaseKYS PleaseKYS is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
 
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Norway
PleaseKYS is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores de Barriga View Post
This is a very interesting statement for a couple of reasons. First, it makes an assumption that all religions have a common core. I assume that within the modern discourse of spirituality, that common core would be "existence of supernatural being or beings" - which is a definition of religion that goes back to E.B. Tylor and reduces religion to a belief system, disregarding its social, economic, and political aspects. It is a bit simplistic if you ask me, especially if you extend the definition of religions to systems in which presence of supernatural beings is superfluous, such as certain varieties of Buddhism.
I agree that it has a few flaws, but it was the first quote i could remember at the top of my head. I also agree that it disregards all the aspects named above. And I guess it is not a perfect idea. I however think that all religions come from roughly the same idea. A creator that created earth or the universe is waiting in the afterlife or has something in the afterlife you strive to come to. The creator part is not neceserally for buddhism. This is by no means a perfect idea and there are for sure flaws and contradictions, but this is the idea i have got right now and i am open to better ideas or additions to that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores de Barriga View Post
The second assumption made in this statement is that the common core is, ultimately, clearly visible, despite being clouded by the finger-pointing. This metaphor compares the supposed common core to the Moon, which is a clearly visible object, rather than, for example, to Lambda Coronae Borealis, which has a magnitude of 5 and is therefore barely visible with the naked eye.
Yea i understand this, but as mentioned above it was the first quote i could come with. I also believe the idea is more a clouded moon of sorts, but i guess the star you are talking about would be a good replacement, however I would say few people know of this star (I had to google it). I believe a more wellknown obscured object would be a better replacement. Still! It was a good argument.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores de Barriga View Post
And this is where you lost me. You are jumping to conclusions without explaining how you got there. If we cannot know if any religion is right; if I agree with you that there are internal contradictions in each religion; how do we get from that sound agnosticism to "I believe in a creator"?
Yes i know it was a bit confusing. What I meant to say is not that I disagree with the existence of a god, but that I disagree with some of the rules, and ideals that these big religions have. This got a bit messy when i wrote it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores de Barriga View Post
But, these contradictory religious texts are the sole evidence we have for the existence of a Creator!
Yea what i meant here is that there is no concrete proof that a single text is correct and that some of them might be a little "fleshed out" if you get what i mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores de Barriga View Post
While I understand this lovely Baptist community - they have a sacred text, they believe this is the Word of God, and that makes their faith strong and evidence-based - I have trouble understanding your faith, and what is the basis for it.

I do await your response, as I am struggling with my own faith and I just cannot seem to be able to force myself to believe not just in a bunch of old texts, but in the idea of God in general - especially, I have trouble believing in a God that is actually benevolent and not utterly sadistic.
My idea of a creator or a god is that there has to be one, but that they are not neceserally watching over us or that they are immortal. For all we know the creators might have died long before us or that they died creating our universe. Imagine a super-advanced race capable of creating life created our universe in the last moments of theirs. If you have time here is a skit on youtube that kind of explains the last part i guess. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N5l...=RD3N5lgUgAQ-g

Hope i answered your questions. Looking forward to hearing from you.


Believes in a creator. Just not a religious one. Ex-Christian
Reply With Quote
(#22)
Old
Dolores de Barriga's Avatar
Dolores de Barriga Dolores de Barriga is offline
Apparently not part of the domestic staff; suspected academic
Forum Member

Christian Love Protected by JESUS Messicant Touched by Jesus Friend of Jesus Heaven Bound Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars

 
Posts: 461
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: University of Iowa
Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseKYS View Post
I agree that it has a few flaws, but it was the first quote i could remember at the top of my head. I also agree that it disregards all the aspects named above. And I guess it is not a perfect idea. I however think that all religions come from roughly the same idea.
That is true only if you think about sorts of questions that religions answer - but not the answers themselves. True, all religions try to answer questions which are unanswerable by other means - nowadays, it is mostly reduced to "what does it all mean?" and "where do we go when we die?", in the past religions also served to answer the question "how did all of this start?".


The interesting part about the last question is that now we know that despite the great variation of answers given by past and present religions to this last question, all of these answers have something in common: they all turned out to be wrong.


It does make you think, maybe the other answers given by religions are also wrong. Yes, that includes the idea of a creator.


Quote:
A creator that created earth or the universe is waiting in the afterlife or has something in the afterlife you strive to come to. The creator part is not neceserally for buddhism.
Exactly. So even on this aspect religions cannot agree with one another, which makes the possibility of the existence of a creator even weaker.


Quote:
Yea i understand this, but as mentioned above it was the first quote i could come with. I also believe the idea is more a clouded moon of sorts, but i guess the star you are talking about would be a good replacement, however I would say few people know of this star (I had to google it). I believe a more wellknown obscured object would be a better replacement. Still! It was a good argument.
The point that I was trying to make is exactly that the supposed "common core" of religions is unknown/obscure/barely visible.


I guess the metaphor I'd use would be more something like "all religions point to the giant elephant in the sky." Since there is no giant elephant in the sky, that means religions point to something that does not exist - and that explains the vast differences between religions.

Quote:
Yes i know it was a bit confusing. What I meant to say is not that I disagree with the existence of a god, but that I disagree with some of the rules, and ideals that these big religions have.
The problem is that religious texts are the only proof that Creator does exist. If you reject the rules and ideas of world religions, then you have no proof for the existence of a Creator - as science has shown that world changes without divine intervention.

Quote:
My idea of a creator or a god is that there has to be one,
Why?


Quote:
but that they are not neceserally watching over us or that they are immortal. For all we know the creators might have died long before us or that they died creating our universe. Imagine a super-advanced race capable of creating life created our universe in the last moments of theirs. If you have time here is a skit on youtube that kind of explains the last part i guess.
That was a weird video. It leaves me with a question, why do you think that world required a creator?


And if the world required a creator, then who created the creator?


And who created the creator of the creator?


Et cetera, et cetera.


It's like that old story about an anthropologist who asks a tribe about their belief about Earth. According to the tribe, the Earth rests atop a turtle. "That turtle, what is it standing on?" Asks the anthropologist. "It's simple - the turtle rests on another turtle." "And that second turtle, what is it standing upon?" "Don't you understand it? It's turtles all the way down!"


In other words - religious thinking does not explain where the first creator comes from.


John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Reply With Quote
(#23)
Old
PleaseKYS's Avatar
PleaseKYS PleaseKYS is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
 
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Norway
PleaseKYS is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores de Barriga View Post
That is true only if you think about sorts of questions that religions answer - but not the answers themselves. True, all religions try to answer questions which are unanswerable by other means - nowadays, it is mostly reduced to "what does it all mean?" and "where do we go when we die?", in the past religions also served to answer the question "how did all of this start?".


The interesting part about the last question is that now we know that despite the great variation of answers given by past and present religions to this last question, all of these answers have something in common: they all turned out to be wrong.


It does make you think, maybe the other answers given by religions are also wrong. Yes, that includes the idea of a creator.
You have a good point and I have to be honest here and say I am not sure if I can reply to that point, but I will see later if I come up with something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores de Barriga View Post
Exactly. So even on this aspect religions cannot agree with one another, which makes the possibility of the existence of a creator even weaker.
I see how you think that and i guess i kind of agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores de Barriga View Post
The point that I was trying to make is exactly that the supposed "common core" of religions is unknown/obscure/barely visible.


I guess the metaphor I'd use would be more something like "all religions point to the giant elephant in the sky." Since there is no giant elephant in the sky, that means religions point to something that does not exist - and that explains the vast differences between religions.
Yea that is a good point, but i think the part where you saying they point to something noneexistent is kinda interesting. This would take into the fact that there is nothing there, which we do not know. I think a better metaphor might be "all religions point to the giant clouded area in the sky." since we do not know wether or not something is there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores de Barriga View Post
The problem is that religious texts are the only proof that Creator does exist. If you reject the rules and ideas of world religions, then you have no proof for the existence of a Creator - as science has shown that world changes without divine intervention.
Yes i guess that is kind of correct, however i believe that mabye the creators died before earth's creation? That way there would be no way for them to interact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores de Barriga View Post
Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores de Barriga View Post
That was a weird video. It leaves me with a question, why do you think that world required a creator?
I belive so because life is complicated. Not only that but the whole universe is. There might be an offchance that all of existence happened out of pure luck, but i think it would be more likely some other being designed it this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores de Barriga View Post
And if the world required a creator, then who created the creator?


And who created the creator of the creator?


Et cetera, et cetera.

In other words - religious thinking does not explain where the first creator comes from.
This is also a good argument against a creator. But this is something we simply can't answer. It is like thinking how did the universe get created? The big bang? Well how did the big bang appear? It is something we might never get the answer to. Mabye there never has been a begining to the line of creators? Who knows?
Looking forward to hearing from you.


Believes in a creator. Just not a religious one. Ex-Christian
Reply With Quote
(#24)
Old
Dolores de Barriga's Avatar
Dolores de Barriga Dolores de Barriga is offline
Apparently not part of the domestic staff; suspected academic
Forum Member

Christian Love Protected by JESUS Messicant Touched by Jesus Friend of Jesus Heaven Bound Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars

 
Posts: 461
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: University of Iowa
Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseKYS View Post
Yea that is a good point, but i think the part where you saying they point to something noneexistent is kinda interesting. This would take into the fact that there is nothing there, which we do not know. I think a better metaphor might be "all religions point to the giant clouded area in the sky." since we do not know wether or not something is there.
Now, that is getting closer to a solid agnostic position. Even better would be "religions point to something, but it is unclear whether they are pointing to something that actually exists or not, as we have no actual evidence of anything being pointed at".

Quote:
Yes i guess that is kind of correct, however i believe that mabye the creators died before earth's creation? That way there would be no way for them to interact.
If the hypothetical creator died before the Earth's creation, that means that Earth was not created but formed following the natural laws of physics, and you cannot credit a creator with any form of life on Earth.


Don't get me wrong - I see your point - that was basically the idea popular among the American Founding Fathers, many of whom were deists, that is they believed God started it all and then left or died - so basically, any worship of God is a waste of time because nobody is there.


Nonetheless, I personally don't see a point of believing in a sky daddy that died - the whole point of believing in God is to worship Him on this earth in hopes of achieving eternal life after death.

Quote:
I belive so because life is complicated. Not only that but the whole universe is. There might be an offchance that all of existence happened out of pure luck, but i think it would be more likely some other being designed it this way.
You really think someone actually designed things like terrible genetic diseases? That actually someone designed the whole scheme of life as "eat or be eaten"?


Don't you think that if someone designed life, that it would be... nicer? Without children dying of cancer? Without individual organism survival depending on the ability to kill and eat smaller organisms and to escape the hungry mouths of larger ones?


Given that the design of life is cruel, random, and quite stupid, really, do you think that the designer of life was cruel or stupid?


Because if we were intelligently designed, our bodies would not start breaking down as soon as we reach 30 years of age, and we would not have so many problems related to our bipedalism!

Quote:
This is also a good argument against a creator. But this is something we simply can't answer. It is like thinking how did the universe get created? The big bang? Well how did the big bang appear? It is something we might never get the answer to. Mabye there never has been a begining to the line of creators? Who knows?
Since these answers are by definition unanswerable, why bother having an opinion in the first place? It's like if you were trying to have an opinion about the taste of Andean huatia without ever eating food prepared this way.


And yet here you are, having opinions on the existence of a creator.



Huatia.


John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Reply With Quote
(#25)
Old
Didymus Much's Avatar
Didymus Much Didymus Much is offline
Unsaved trash, Arrogant Atheist Dick
 

Hellbound Heathen Atheist Cancer on Society hippie Caution - Poster is Crazy Evilution Perv Baggie Condemned Reaper Evil Grammar Nazi Democrat Commmmmunnissss How dumb can you get? Five years in the service of the Enemy Beastiality Barney Caution - Poster is on Drugs Demonized Bleeding heart liebral Glutton Drunk Devil Rides the Short Bus Fiddler Potty mouth Retard Posting Philistine skull Pot Head Swiss Skull Sinner Devil's Trill Sonata Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Mower Pastor Ezekiel Prize for Unprecedented Retards Marxist Fake Polling The AIDS

 
Posts: 13,484
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: put your hands on your hips
Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseKYS View Post
...Well how did the big bang appear? It is something we might never get the answer to...
But we MIGHT. And we're getting closer every day (because we're trying).


If you think infinite turtles is a concept that deserves equal time (or anything but mockery, derision, scorn, and contempt) just because "oh, it can't be disproven", then please kill your self. The rest of us on this planet would be better off without you.


RIP Republican Party as a force in American Politics for the next decade, minimum
Reply With Quote
(#26)
Old
handmaiden's Avatar
handmaiden handmaiden is offline
Is a good, decent True Christian™ lady
True Christian™

Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ Cleanest Kitchen Best Pie Best stoning bucket Bronze Tither Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient One Year/1000 posts True Republican Super Soaker Baptism Award Eats the Most Pork Ready for the Rapture Persecuted Christian Love Grammar Nazi Trump of GOD Kirk Cameron Fan Club Prayer Warrior Teabag Patriot Trumpette Saved 5 Years Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Guns, Guts and GLORY! Alternative Facts Asked questions later Babysitter Marshmallow GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Saved 10 Years Polling for Christ Anti-Biden True Christian Beauty

 
Posts: 8,573
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 39.373117/-76.472688
handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores de Barriga View Post
It's like that old story about an anthropologist who asks a tribe about their belief about Earth. According to the tribe, the Earth rests atop a turtle. "That turtle, what is it standing on?" Asks the anthropologist. "It's simple - the turtle rests on another turtle." "And that second turtle, what is it standing upon?" "Don't you understand it? It's turtles all the way down!"
A charming story, indeed, Miss de Barriga*, if quaintly mistaken. Turtles! Oh, my! Just like those cute, little pebble looking things with feet that one buys at the pet store for children who can't be trusted with a hamster. . . And then they die anyway.

It's a shame that the anthropolgist who visited that tribe wasn't a missionary. Now those poor savages are in hell which is "all the way down" with nary a turtle in sight.

Quote:
In other words - religious thinking does not explain where the first creator comes from.
You are quite right, my dear. Religious "thinking" explains nothing of value. God's Holy Word-- pronounced by Him to bring the world into being, and revealed by Him to scribes of His choosing-- explains everything one needs to know. No thinking is necessary.

As charming as the turtle story is, it is sad to think of those simple people, living with such a childish delusion, then dying and waking up in an agonizing pit of napalm.

People really must give up this endless thinking and evaluating and searching for truth. As the Apostle Paul noted in the Book of the Acts of the Apostles in the 33rd verse of the 17th chapter**:

For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, To The Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

What Paul is explaining to unbelievers is that any one of them sincerely interested in finding God, must-- by necessity-- bow down and worship Jesus, as He is God. We actually have Jesus's word for it, and He was killed for simply stating who He really was, so you know that He was committed to His message.

Indeed, referring back to the original subject of this thread, according to another Christian writer, (other than Paul, that is) only a madman would claim to be God if He couldn't back it up by being morally perfect, perform observable miracles and come back from the dead.

And we know that Jesus ticked all those boxes because God told us so in the Bible. Just as Paul told us that Jesus struck him blind and spoke to him, and that any vague notions about God in people's minds is just the Holy Spirit leading that person to Jesus, who is Himself, God and the Holy Spirit.

If that all seems a bit confusing and convoluted, it's because one is straining to work it through with religious thinking, instead of accepting it on faith, unlike all that nonsense with stacks of turtles.


* Is it Miss Barriga, or Miss de? I am afraid I cannot countenance addressing you as, "Ms." Between the use of that dubious honorific and your continued pursuit of higher education, I am afraid that you will never land a husband, my dear girl.

** Not only was there a great deal going on in those days, Paul was also a prolific writer.


His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy
Reply With Quote
(#27)
Old
Dolores de Barriga's Avatar
Dolores de Barriga Dolores de Barriga is offline
Apparently not part of the domestic staff; suspected academic
Forum Member

Christian Love Protected by JESUS Messicant Touched by Jesus Friend of Jesus Heaven Bound Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars

 
Posts: 461
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: University of Iowa
Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handmaiden View Post
A charming story, indeed, Miss de Barriga*,
Mrs., actually, Miss Handmaiden, and in a few short years it will hopefully be Dr. Although I must admit that, sometimes, conducting my ethnographic fieldwork feels more like herding cats than doing science.


Quote:
It's a shame that the anthropolgist who visited that tribe wasn't a missionary. Now those poor savages are in hell which is "all the way down" with nary a turtle in sight.
That is certainly true within the Christian ontological paradigm.

Quote:
You are quite right, my dear. Religious "thinking" explains nothing of value. God's Holy Word-- pronounced by Him to bring the world into being, and revealed by Him to scribes of His choosing-- explains everything one needs to know. No thinking is necessary.
And that is the beauty of Christian ontology. No doubts, no questions, no assertions that have no evidence whatsoever.

Quote:
People really must give up this endless thinking and evaluating and searching for truth. As the Apostle Paul noted in the Book of the Acts of the Apostles in the 33rd verse of the 17th chapter**:

For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, To The Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

What Paul is explaining to unbelievers is that any one of them sincerely interested in finding God, must-- by necessity-- bow down and worship Jesus, as He is God. We actually have Jesus's word for it, and He was killed for simply stating who He really was, so you know that He was committed to His message.
I was always fascinated with this passage, Miss Handmaiden. From a non-Christian perspective, that could be seen as an example of incredible religious tolerance. Yet Paul, thinking within Christian paradigm, immediately renounces that as an act of superstition and ignorance.


John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Reply With Quote
(#28)
Old
handmaiden's Avatar
handmaiden handmaiden is offline
Is a good, decent True Christian™ lady
True Christian™

Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ Cleanest Kitchen Best Pie Best stoning bucket Bronze Tither Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient One Year/1000 posts True Republican Super Soaker Baptism Award Eats the Most Pork Ready for the Rapture Persecuted Christian Love Grammar Nazi Trump of GOD Kirk Cameron Fan Club Prayer Warrior Teabag Patriot Trumpette Saved 5 Years Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Guns, Guts and GLORY! Alternative Facts Asked questions later Babysitter Marshmallow GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Saved 10 Years Polling for Christ Anti-Biden True Christian Beauty

 
Posts: 8,573
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 39.373117/-76.472688
handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didymus Much View Post
But we MIGHT. And we're getting closer every day (because we're trying).


If you think infinite turtles is a concept that deserves equal time (or anything but mockery, derision, scorn, and contempt) just because "oh, it can't be disproven", then please kill your self. The rest of us on this planet would be better off without you.
Now, now, Mr. Much! Must I peel the carrot at you?* If you want to defend and even encourage your death-style, please continue to do so indirectly. Advising people to committ self-murder is not something we like to see here at Landover Baptist Church.


Are you having a bad day? Is the world flinging too much sub-standard grammar your way? You know if you accept Jesus you won't have to vent your frustrations by telling people to kill themselves.


Instead, you can warn them once about going to hell and then enjoy the contented feeling of knowing that they will fry forever because they didn't agree with you. It's like this => , but the TV is a cloud ledge from which you can watch people writhing in agony.


* Peeling the carrot is when someone points their index finger at you and makes a sliding motion along the extended finger with the index finger of the other hand. The words, "tsk, tsk" often accompany this motion.


His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy
Reply With Quote
(#29)
Old
handmaiden's Avatar
handmaiden handmaiden is offline
Is a good, decent True Christian™ lady
True Christian™

Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ Cleanest Kitchen Best Pie Best stoning bucket Bronze Tither Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient One Year/1000 posts True Republican Super Soaker Baptism Award Eats the Most Pork Ready for the Rapture Persecuted Christian Love Grammar Nazi Trump of GOD Kirk Cameron Fan Club Prayer Warrior Teabag Patriot Trumpette Saved 5 Years Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Guns, Guts and GLORY! Alternative Facts Asked questions later Babysitter Marshmallow GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Saved 10 Years Polling for Christ Anti-Biden True Christian Beauty

 
Posts: 8,573
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 39.373117/-76.472688
handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores de Barriga View Post
Mrs., actually, Miss Handmaiden, and in a few short years it will hopefully be Dr. Although I must admit that, sometimes, conducting my ethnographic fieldwork feels more like herding cats than doing science.
You have a husband, child? How wonderful! Why are you still in school?

And you should be occupied with herding children, not cats. Cats are demonic in nature, but if you beat them, someone will report you.

Children, on the other hand, while also demonic in nature, are not as clever as cats, and you can beat them to alter their behavior. Moreover, unlike cats, children cannot hunt for their own food. Thus, being dependant on you, they are not likely to go yowling to the neighbors.

Quote:
And that is the beauty of Christian ontology. No doubts, no questions, no assertions that have no evidence whatsoever.
We HAVE evidence, my dear. It's called the Bible. So much learning and you overlook the obvious.

Quote:
I was always fascinated with this passage, Miss Handmaiden. From a non-Christian perspective, that could be seen as an example of incredible religious tolerance. Yet Paul, thinking within Christian paradigm, immediately renounces that as an act of superstition and ignorance.
There are those who view Paul's perspective as arrogant and co-optive (whatever that means). As a kindly soul (unless you push me) I prefer to think of Paul encouraging those "pre-Christians" to put the name of the correct God to their amorphous concept of deity.


His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy
Reply With Quote
(#30)
Old
Dolores de Barriga's Avatar
Dolores de Barriga Dolores de Barriga is offline
Apparently not part of the domestic staff; suspected academic
Forum Member

Christian Love Protected by JESUS Messicant Touched by Jesus Friend of Jesus Heaven Bound Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars

 
Posts: 461
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: University of Iowa
Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Dolores de Barriga is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-06-2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handmaiden View Post
You have a husband, child? How wonderful! Why are you still in school?
Some days I ask that question myself, Miss Handmaiden. When I'm done, I will be able to apply for a teaching job which will allow me to gain barely enough to stay above poverty line - for the first decade or so after earning my Ph.D. I will be making less money that a janitor at the same university.

All academics have a masochistic side, I suppose.

Quote:
And you should be occupied with herding children, not cats. Cats are demonic in nature, but if you beat them, someone will report you.
That is a good point. I will keep that in mind if I ever consider to actually literally herd cats.


In the meantime I'll just keep conducting my ethnographic fieldwork in Freehold.

Quote:
We HAVE evidence, my dear. It's called the Bible. So much learning and you overlook the obvious.
Yes, Ma'am. This is indeed what I meant. Within Christian ontology, the Bible is the evidence. However, someone who proclaims to not be Christian, such as Miss Please, has no evidence to support her claims about the existence of God.


I apologize for the confusion, Miss Handmaiden.


John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Reply With Quote
(#31)
Old
Didymus Much's Avatar
Didymus Much Didymus Much is offline
Unsaved trash, Arrogant Atheist Dick
 

Hellbound Heathen Atheist Cancer on Society hippie Caution - Poster is Crazy Evilution Perv Baggie Condemned Reaper Evil Grammar Nazi Democrat Commmmmunnissss How dumb can you get? Five years in the service of the Enemy Beastiality Barney Caution - Poster is on Drugs Demonized Bleeding heart liebral Glutton Drunk Devil Rides the Short Bus Fiddler Potty mouth Retard Posting Philistine skull Pot Head Swiss Skull Sinner Devil's Trill Sonata Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Mower Pastor Ezekiel Prize for Unprecedented Retards Marxist Fake Polling The AIDS

 
Posts: 13,484
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: put your hands on your hips
Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-07-2018, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handmaiden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didymus Much View Post
But we MIGHT. And we're getting closer every day (because we're trying).


If you think infinite turtles is a concept that deserves equal time (or anything but mockery, derision, scorn, and contempt) just because "oh, it can't be disproven", then please kill your self. The rest of us on this planet would be better off without you.
Now, now, Mr. Much! Must I peel the carrot at you?* If you want to defend and even encourage your death-style, please continue to do so indirectly. Advising people to committ self-murder is not something we like to see here at Landover Baptist Church...
I have no interest in seeing this (or any other) user self-harm. Like your "peeling the carrot", that was an "I pick my nose and fling the contents" at her attitude that somehow her delusions are more worthy than yours, when both are based on ignorance and fear (due to that ignorance). Oh, and her user name, because that's what it means.


RIP Republican Party as a force in American Politics for the next decade, minimum
Reply With Quote
(#32)
Old
handmaiden's Avatar
handmaiden handmaiden is offline
Is a good, decent True Christian™ lady
True Christian™

Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ Cleanest Kitchen Best Pie Best stoning bucket Bronze Tither Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient One Year/1000 posts True Republican Super Soaker Baptism Award Eats the Most Pork Ready for the Rapture Persecuted Christian Love Grammar Nazi Trump of GOD Kirk Cameron Fan Club Prayer Warrior Teabag Patriot Trumpette Saved 5 Years Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Guns, Guts and GLORY! Alternative Facts Asked questions later Babysitter Marshmallow GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Saved 10 Years Polling for Christ Anti-Biden True Christian Beauty

 
Posts: 8,573
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 39.373117/-76.472688
handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-07-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didymus Much View Post
I have no interest in seeing this (or any other) user self-harm. Like your "peeling the carrot", that was an "I pick my nose and fling the contents" at her attitude that somehow her delusions are more worthy than yours, when both are based on ignorance and fear (due to that ignorance). Oh, and her user name, because that's what it means.
Oh, dear! That's what her username means?! I had no idea. (Seriously, I didn't.)


Well, in that case, thank you so much for educating me in this instance.* I suppose that is one of the reasons why we keep you around--aside for your excellent grammar use, of course. I shall continue praying for you.


* Imagine! Useful information from a non-biblical source, and from an atheist, no less. If that doesn't just flip my flapjacks.


His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy
Reply With Quote
(#33)
Old
Brother Gonzalez's Avatar
Brother Gonzalez Brother Gonzalez is offline
Another brick in Donald´s wall - A.K.A "The Gonz"
True Christian™
 

Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Christian Love Friend of Jesus Ready for the Rapture Trump of GOD Hands Off Landover Mission to The Mexican Realms Mission to Messico Flat Earth True Christian™ Guns, Guts and GLORY! Donald Trump 2016! Babysitter Outreach preacher Touched by Jesus Ex-Mary Worshipper 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Hatchet Child Rearing Award Alternative Facts Kirk Cameron Fan Club Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Crown of Incorruptibility Crown of Righteousness Mower Crown of Life Probing for Jesus The Gonz GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Polling for Christ

 
Posts: 2,086
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Ungodly South America
Brother Gonzalez will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Gonzalez will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Gonzalez will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Gonzalez will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Gonzalez will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Gonzalez will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Gonzalez will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Gonzalez will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Gonzalez will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Gonzalez will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Gonzalez will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-09-2018, 02:56 PM

I know admins have a lot of things to do (I am finding very difficult to find the time to come here and correct heathens, because I am praying without ceasing) but this talk between a lot of atheists has to stop, or at least wait until they reach Hell.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseKYS View Post
(I am from Norway).
So pack your bags and go to America, Donald is waiting for you. And most of the time, what Donald wants is what God wants.


1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first.
Reply With Quote
(#34)
Old
Ezekiel Bathfire's Avatar
Ezekiel Bathfire Ezekiel Bathfire is offline
Pastor for Diversity and Tolerance
Christ's Rottweiler
 

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Christian Love Real American™ Tithing Manager Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Scientist™ Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Senior Pastor Teabag Patriot TC Bravery Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Ex-Brit Eats the Most Pork True Republican Ex-eurotrash Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Kirk Cameron Fan Club Nuts for JESUS! Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus Stamp of Approval Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch Mower Donald Trump 2016! Anti-sodomy Pastor Ezekiel Aardvark Bathfire Crown of Life Alternative Facts Probing for Jesus 20,000 posts Saved 10 Years Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Anti-Biden

 
Posts: 22,010
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toiling selflessly towards Salvation
Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-09-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolores de Barriga View Post


You are aware that Cain killed his vegetarian brother...

I can see peas, tumors and lumps of mud in the upper picture, and warty lumps of mud in the lower. Is that what people in your country eat?

Lumps of mud is what God made Adam out of - but there seems to be no connection to that and your picture...

My selfless prayer is
"Dear Lord, bless these people and bring them to Your Light."





“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.
Reply With Quote
(#35)
Old
MitzaLizalor's Avatar
MitzaLizalor MitzaLizalor is offline
Completely CRAZY for the Lord
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Heaven Bound Mission to Australia Christian Love Real American™ Friend of Jesus Flat Earth TC Bravery The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking One Year/1000 posts Best stoning bucket True Christian Lady Pro-Life True Scientist™ True Christian™ True Christian Artist True Christian Beauty Most Obedient Batman Shooting Survivor Kangi Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Early riser Nuts for JESUS! Touched by Jesus Color wheel Trumpette Anti-sodomy Hands Off 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Saved 5 Years Stamp of Approval Tagging for Jesus In Love With Zeke BFF of Jesus God's chosen ones Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Grammar Nazi GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Saved 10 Years Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Polling for Christ Anti-Biden

 
Posts: 12,169
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leviticus Landing
MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-10-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legs akimbo View Post
You have a good point and I have to be honest here and say I am not sure if I can reply to that point, but I will see later if I come up with something....mabye the creators died before earth's creation..I believe so because life is complicated.
So in reverse order, "the creators" created more than just the earth. Genesis 1:1 tells us that The Heaven was also created and the location of this creative effort, The Beginning, is also listed. Prior to that there would be no time for beginnings to exist in. Therefore no "creators" could expire "before" the earth was created because the earth postdates The Beginning which would also need to have been created.

The Bible explains this on page 1; forget about the letters K and Y: try R, E, S, E, A, R, C and H instead. Works for me. If this seems a little too assertive it's no more than a response to your rather direct points AND there's no problem backing this up as in fact I already did:

Quote:
Originally Posted in my earlier post
The faith of these atheists agogs me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryKindAtheist View Post
• Atheism is not a religion.
• There are multiple forms of Atheism.
• I am an Agnostic Atheist

There is no such thing as an agnostic atheist. That's like saying a French Martian or non-ferrous iron. There is only one form of atheism. Perhaps there may be different types of agnosticism but the expression "atheism" is quite specific. Either you're an atheist or you're not. Either you're Martian or French. An ingot either contains iron or not. Accepting all the mutually exclusive positions involved in agnosticism–or gnosticism for that matter, atheism, satanism and the rejection of Salvation with the possibility of later accepting that Salvation is possible and accepting it simmering away somewhere must produce one bizarre aura. Which brings me to the book.


. . .Quote:
. . .
.when people try to convert us through comments and a book of lies then we get very mad.


I think you'll find you were mad to start with. Unless you prefer Foucault's definition of madness. In which case you were not rational. I have no idea why you'd start channelling Aleister Crowley, whose idiotic belief system requires almost so great a suspension of disbelief as atheism (perhaps that's what you mean by agnostic?) but really..

Existence with no community and no meetings up can hardly be called a way of life, more like its antithesis. Even if it were true, which it isn't. I will append some pictures.

You refer to Jesus. How does giving His life save us? To understand that you would need to understand God's Just Law which is spelled out in that very Old Testament.





We've reached the colour section now. Firstly:
.Atheism is a way of life and not a religion.
.We have no communities that we meet up.






Secondly:
.We have no religious text.






Thirdly:
.We have no churches.



Because this section is pictorial I won't elaborate; the pictures are self explanatory.

Link to Foucault's Madness and Civilization: A History of Insanity in the Age of Reason where you can browse some more "non-existent" atheist scripture (v.i.)
We are aware of the history of the perspective you're advancing. Well, not advancing. But we know its history. It's not my intention to hijack someone else's book so here are two short excerpts from pp.94-95 and pp.65-68 giving a brief overview.
Madness&Civilization-Foucault1965tr.pdf

I hope this is helpful for you; we are happy that you are seeking Jesus through whom insanities are resolved and encourage you to examine life frankly so that it becomes liveable once more.
Reply With Quote
(#36)
Old
handmaiden's Avatar
handmaiden handmaiden is offline
Is a good, decent True Christian™ lady
True Christian™

Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ Cleanest Kitchen Best Pie Best stoning bucket Bronze Tither Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient One Year/1000 posts True Republican Super Soaker Baptism Award Eats the Most Pork Ready for the Rapture Persecuted Christian Love Grammar Nazi Trump of GOD Kirk Cameron Fan Club Prayer Warrior Teabag Patriot Trumpette Saved 5 Years Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Guns, Guts and GLORY! Alternative Facts Asked questions later Babysitter Marshmallow GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Saved 10 Years Polling for Christ Anti-Biden True Christian Beauty

 
Posts: 8,573
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 39.373117/-76.472688
handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 02-10-2018, 05:00 PM

Brothers and Sisters of ,

the poor soul who has attempted to engage our community in the debate of the existance of deities outside of The One True God® whom the Bible proclaims, (who is also Three Distinct Personalities with different responsibilities and manner of manifestations) has written many words.


Some of these words have been clumped into proper sentences. (a feat that I feel deserves some recognition given the usual skill-set of our visitors)


Alas, this person has essentially splashed the digital pages of our on-line community with this:




His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy
Reply With Quote
(#37)
Old
Mary Etheldreda's Avatar
Mary Etheldreda Mary Etheldreda is offline
Gushing for Jesus
 

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness Flat Earth Anti-abortion GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Anti-Biden

 
Posts: 23,296
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Freehold, Iowa
Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 03-06-2021, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
Demons. The answer's 'demons" They're everywhere. Waiting for a crack in your Armor of God.

Homers, wayward women, disobedient kids, atheists, Catholics, Nigras, socialists, lunatics, the blind, deaf and dumb, the lame, etc., they all chose to take off that Armor - and look what happens - a demon grips the soul!
Today we see that nowhere more clearly than in the depths of the so-called "Trans-Rights" movement. These people have been so overtaken by hoards of demons they routinely use "they" and "them" for pronouns. And well they should, as their minds have been taken over with so many demons they no longer know whether they should sit or stand to take a piss anymore.


Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Reply With Quote
(#38)
Old
MitzaLizalor's Avatar
MitzaLizalor MitzaLizalor is offline
Completely CRAZY for the Lord
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Heaven Bound Mission to Australia Christian Love Real American™ Friend of Jesus Flat Earth TC Bravery The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking One Year/1000 posts Best stoning bucket True Christian Lady Pro-Life True Scientist™ True Christian™ True Christian Artist True Christian Beauty Most Obedient Batman Shooting Survivor Kangi Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Early riser Nuts for JESUS! Touched by Jesus Color wheel Trumpette Anti-sodomy Hands Off 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Saved 5 Years Stamp of Approval Tagging for Jesus In Love With Zeke BFF of Jesus God's chosen ones Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Grammar Nazi GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Saved 10 Years Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Polling for Christ Anti-Biden

 
Posts: 12,169
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leviticus Landing
MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 03-07-2021, 12:15 PM

Psychiatrists say that demons and devils do not exist. Satan approves of that, even if they hold the modified view that whatever causes a "symptom" (convulsions, say) has a cause and whether you call it "brain lesions" or "demons" is immaterial, the idea being that a modern medical term (convulsion) and its first century counterpart (devil) are synonyms.

But if this were so, Wouldn't Jesus have corrected the misunderstanding? For example He could have said, "Oh no, this person is not demon possessed because there's no such thing as demons; the real problem is an electrolyte imbalance which I will now correct." There are certainly occasions when Jesus did correct the disciples with information they hadn't understood. Here's two:


1. The disciples mistakenly thought that a blind beggar had been so reduced, sitting there begging and enduring whatever beggars endured for his entire life till then, because either A] he had sinned or B] his parents had sinned. They were wrong. Other factors beyond their ken existed. Did Jesus think to Himself, "Well, they don't understand the situation due to insufficient knowledge so I'll just play along; after all in a few minutes the beggar won't be blind any more?" No. This wretched life, the ignominy of his affliction, the unmitigated anguish day after day after day was in fact glorious.

John 9: 1-3 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus.answered,.Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

• • • •


2. Here a demon-possessed child has quite specific "symptoms" described as i) dumbness ii) being torn iii) foaming iv) gnashing v) falling down vi) wallowing vii) jumping into fires viii) trying to drown himself ix) pining away and x) deafness. The disciples had correctly identified the cause, demon possession, but foolishly attempted the wrong type of exorcism. Perhaps out of ignorance, yes, but Jesus did not allow their ignorance to persist.

Mark 9: 25-29 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him. And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead. But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose. And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out? And he said unto them, This.kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.


Nerve specialists would have a field day making up syndromes to describe those two cases. The limitations of knowledge back then was not allowed to stand however and Jesus corrected the disciples giving them new and important information. Elsewhere in The Bible a distinction is drawn between disease, torment, possession with devils, lunacy and the palsy. It is not the case that "everything was demons attaching themselves because nobody knew any better," as modern psychiatry would have us believe and when Jesus encountered ignorance He provided additional information. Nothing He explained however concurs with anything proposed by psychiatrists.

Only by reading The Bible can The Truth be understood about Christ and insanity, since if He made everything, when something breaks He'd know how to fix it.
Reply With Quote
(#39)
Old
Johny Joe Hold's Avatar
Johny Joe Hold Johny Joe Hold is offline
Mayor of Freehold
 

Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian™ Christian Love Real American™ True Christian Caucasian TC Bravery Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once One Year/1000 posts Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Mayor True Republican Teabag Patriot Ex-liberal Saved 1 Year Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Eats the Most Pork Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus Mission to Korea Stamp of Approval Guns ablazin' Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Pancake Dinner Anti-sodomy Pastor Ezekiel BFF of Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Saved 5 Years Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Sons of Liberty Saved 10 Years Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Polling for Christ Anti-Biden

 
Posts: 9,243
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: City Hall, Freehold, Iowa
Johny Joe Hold will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Johny Joe Hold will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Johny Joe Hold will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Johny Joe Hold will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Johny Joe Hold will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Johny Joe Hold will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Johny Joe Hold will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Johny Joe Hold will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Johny Joe Hold will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Johny Joe Hold will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Johny Joe Hold will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 03-07-2021, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor View Post

Only by reading The Bible can The Truth be understood about Christ and insanity, since if He made everything, when something breaks He'd know how to fix it.
So logical, Sister Mitza. An example of that is the Wright Brothers. They built the first airplane. To get it adjusted just right and to learn how to fly it they crashed over and over again.

Because they had designed and built it they knew how to get it flying after each crash. That is how God knows how the fix broken minds. Psychologists and psychiatrists did not design and build the mind. Therefore they don't know how to fix it.

Someone whose brain has gone haywire just needs to pray, "God, please fix me."


Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.
Reply With Quote
(#40)
Old
Dr. Anthony J. Toole's Avatar
Dr. Anthony J. Toole Dr. Anthony J. Toole is offline
An old soul
True Christian™

Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Real American™ Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Pro-Life Donald Trump 2016! Mission to Messico Touched by Jesus Christian Love Protected by JESUS Teabag Patriot Alternative Facts TC Bravery True Christian Caucasian True Scientist™ Doctor Get Behind Me Doctor - NO TEAM FORTRESS! True Christian™ Real American™ True Republican BFF of Jesus Ex-eurotrash True Christian™ Protected by JESUS Friend of Jesus Guns, Guts and GLORY! Trump of GOD The Lord’s Witness Wound Persecuted Prayer Warrior Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Ex-liberal QAnon Storm Chaser Tool of God Anti-Biden

 
Posts: 2,809
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA-UK-France (traveling)
Dr. Anthony J. Toole will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Anthony J. Toole will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Anthony J. Toole will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Anthony J. Toole will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Anthony J. Toole will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Anthony J. Toole will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Anthony J. Toole will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Anthony J. Toole will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Anthony J. Toole will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Anthony J. Toole will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Anthony J. Toole will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What the Bible says about psychology, psychiatry, madness, and insanity - 03-07-2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold View Post
Someone whose brain has gone haywire just needs to pray, "God, please fix me."
Naturally, under the supervision of a senior Pastor. Can't have nutjobs roaming around "seeing the Truth" or whatever they do


Song of Solomon 2:2 As a lily among brambles, so is my love among the young women.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
brain, demonic possession, madness, mental illness, psychiatric study, psychiatry, psychology, questions and answers, seat of human thought, sound mind

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Find Additional Forums Here



Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved