Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > The introduction forum
Reload this Page Hello =]
The introduction forum Attention Unsaved Trash: This the ONLY subforum you can start threads in. Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1)
Old
Ohnn (Quarantined) Ohnn is offline
Landover Habilitation and Therapy Unit (For those unfit to mix with the normal public)
 
Posts: 27
Join Date: Jan 2007
Ohnn is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Ohnn is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Hello =] - 01-09-2007, 04:50 AM

umm.. yea, this is my first post (obviously) and i found this thread and found it interesting. i can honestly admit that there are somethings i disagree to. then there are other where i believe that the replies' are so redunant and shallow that i have no choice but to say something to it.

Im BUDDHIST. Im sorry to upset you, but im a buddhist. im prety glad im born asian even if , as you might say "i will rot in hell". i dont have anything against christians. nor muslims. nor jews. nor any other religion or belief. i see Jesus as one who should be respected. yes, i believe that there can be prophets. i wont mind exlaining if asked nicely.

I love music. I play the bassoon, trombone, clarinet, and surrently learnging the violin (although i dont think i have the talent for the violin )

I love to draw. I am no painter nor sculpture. the best i can do is draw architecture. but i guess i can draw cartoonish creations pretty well.

i love my family and friends. i admit, we have our quarrels, but we're still together. i wouldnt trade them for the world.

and i find this forum pretty interesting. i admit, i did feel insulted, but it's nothing i cant handle.

ok, i think that's all for the introductions.
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
Virginia D. Templeton's Avatar
Virginia D. Templeton Virginia D. Templeton is offline
Christ's Battle Axe
 

True Christian™ True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ True Christian Beauty Bronze Tither Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Christian Love Flat Earth Most Obedient Pro-Life Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus Stamp of Approval Mama Grizzly Trumpette Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years

 
Posts: 2,687
Join Date: Dec 2006
Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Hello =] - 01-09-2007, 04:55 AM

You found this thread, and then you created it? That's awfully odd.

Are you a homosexual?


Proud member of the LGBT community!


Cursed be he that doeth the work of the Lord deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
– Jer. 48:10
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S.'s Avatar
Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. is offline
Scientific Advisor
True Christian™

1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Publisher's Choice True Christian™ Saved 1 Year Silver Tither True Heterosexual™ Ex-Gay True Scientist™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Tell her once True Republican Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Flat Earth Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Trump of GOD True Christian Provider™ award Babysitter Stamp of Approval Alternative Facts Pastor Ezekiel Christian Love True Scientist™ Saved 10 Years

 
Posts: 2,370
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Landover Baptist University for the Saved, Corridor 17C
Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Hello =] - 01-09-2007, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohnn View Post
Im BUDDHIST. Im sorry to upset you, but im a buddhist. im prety glad im born asian even if , as you might say "i will rot in hell". i dont have anything against christians. nor muslims. nor jews. nor any other religion or belief. i see Jesus as one who should be respected. yes, i believe that there can be prophets. i wont mind exlaining if asked nicely.
So you worship big fat statues of a chink? That is disgusting and just downright silly. You say that you see Jesus as someone who should be respected, and yet you choose to spit back in His face when He offers you His gift of eternal Salvation? You're crazier than I thought!


Trump 2020: "For Real This Time"
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
Ohnn (Quarantined) Ohnn is offline
Landover Habilitation and Therapy Unit (For those unfit to mix with the normal public)
 
Posts: 27
Join Date: Jan 2007
Ohnn is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Ohnn is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Hello =] - 01-09-2007, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia D. Templeton View Post
You found this thread, and then you created it? That's awfully odd.

Are you a homosexual?
umm, may you please explain what you mean by "created it"?

and no im not a homosexual. never was and never will be. i never implied anything about my sexual orientation so i dont know what reference it was inferred from.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. View Post
So you worship big fat statues of a chink? That is disgusting and just downright silly.
um.. no, i dont worship "big, fat statues" the statues are used to tell stories, mainly for the illiterate and children back to when buddha was alive, about beliefs and tells moral ethnics. an example would be the statue of the big fat man carrying a huge bag. i would mean: "if in this life you lavish yourself in luxury while condemn others to suffer, you shall suffer no more or no less than those you have caused suffering." it basically means, you should not selfishly think only of yourself, you must think of others before you commit such acts. im not the best of translators and there arent any english version that i could get a hold of. but this is the closest i can translate the moral. if you'd like, you can contact someone who knows a lot about buddhism.

we dont worship statues. in fact, there are several differenct kinds of buddhism. i am a theravada buddhist (from the southeast asian region - this is important), which means that Buddha (the enlightened one) is the one we revere the most. no, we do not see him as a god. we see him as the ultimate sage (not a saint, there is a difference) and we revere him for that for showing us the way to "salvation" (** i put the apostrophes to suggest there's an ultimate resting place, sort of like what you call heaven. however there are ,any who dont reach that goal, so they are reborn countless times. each time, carrying over their sins in an attempt for them to repent... or something like that.. -.-'' )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. View Post
You say that you see Jesus as someone who should be respected, and yet you choose to spit back in His face when He offers you His gift of eternal Salvation? You're crazier than I thought!
hmm.. i never spat at his face. i believe that jesus is (may be or maybe not depending on the region in asia you visit) a prophet. however, im still a child, so im under the jurisdiction of my parents who are buddhists (that means i cant convert on my own free will); however, since my dad was brought here by a christian church (im sorry, but they were methodists) he grew up influenced by christianity. my grandma was baptised, dad makes us celebrate christian holidays.. heck, he even bought me a bible as a present. i highly doubt that he'd rot in hell. the only reason he didnt convert was becasue he wanted to maintan our roots. which is basically what everyone is doing. correct me if im wrong, but i think, correct me if i am wrong, it is true with christians too. they want to remember that they were all created by god (even though you believe some people arent equal to others) and that jesus is the son of god. in sure i at least got that correct...

so what im trying to say is that im not putting him down nor am i brushing him off just because im not a christian, but that doesnt mean i wont convert to it later on when im older... but i doubt i will because i truly believe in treating other with kindness and respect (which, in my opinion, is so rare these days).
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
OnYourKnees's Avatar
OnYourKnees OnYourKnees is offline
On Extended Furlough
True Christian™
 
Posts: 4,784
Join Date: Nov 2006
OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Hello =] - 01-09-2007, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohnn View Post
umm, may you please explain what you mean by "created it"?
I believe the two of you had a misunderstanding. A "thread" is this individual conversation. The "forum" is the collection of conversations that makes up landoverbaptist.net.

Since you started this thread, it does not make sense for you to say you discovered it. I believe you meant that you discovered this forum, and find it very interesting.

Quote:
statues are used to tell stories ... we dont worship statues. in fact, there are several different kinds of buddhism.

i am a theravada buddhist (from the southeast asian region - this is important), which means that Buddha (the enlightened one) is the one we revere the most. no, we do not see him as a god. we see him as the ultimate sage (not a saint, there is a difference) and we revere him for that for showing us the way to "salvation" (** i put the apostrophes to suggest there's an ultimate resting place, sort of like what you call heaven. however there are ,any who dont reach that goal, so they are reborn countless times. each time, carrying over their sins in an attempt for them to repent... or something like that.. -.-'' )
Thank you for this brief introduction to your understanding of Buddhism.

Quote:
however, im still a child, so im under the jurisdiction of my parents who are buddhists (that means i cant convert on my own free will); however, since my dad was brought here by a christian church (im sorry, but they were methodists) he grew up influenced by christianity. my grandma was baptised, dad makes us celebrate christian holidays.. heck, he even bought me a bible as a present. i highly doubt that he'd rot in hell. the only reason he didnt convert was becasue he wanted to maintan our roots. which is basically what everyone is doing.
Understanding and following all of the Bible is how one avoids rotting in hell. Keeping a few traditions means little to God without faith to back them up.

Do people vote in your country? In the United States, to pick our leaders we go into a private booth and make our selections. Outside the booth, we may profess support for any candidate we want, but when we're alone, in the booth, making our private selection, that's what counts.

Keeping traditions is like going around wearing a button for a particular candidate. Everybody sees the button on my shirt, and says, "Oh, he supports Candidate X." But when I go to vote, I may vote for Candidate Z. I can keep Christian traditions -- going to church every week, for example -- but not believe in Jesus or follow God's Word. My going to church won't matter when God is deciding my eternal fate, if I didn't actually believe!

Meanwhile, not converting when you do believe -- that is, denying God -- for the sake of keeping your family's traditions is insulting to God and a surefire way to Hell. God is very jealous, and doesn't want you worshipping any other gods.

Quote:
correct me if im wrong, but i think, correct me if i am wrong, it is true with christians too. they want to remember that they were all created by god (even though you believe some people arent equal to others) and that jesus is the son of god. in sure i at least got that correct...
Yes, you got that part right. The universe was created by God. God made laws for people to follow. The first time people didn't follow the laws, He sent a great flood and drowned all of them.

Later, God realized that no amount of punishing of living people would straighten them out, so rather than just deciding that He would lighten up on the laws, He impregnated a virgin woman with Himself so He could be born as Jesus and sacrificed Himself.

So now, we're expected to obey the Word of God, but if we mess up, we can ask Jesus to forgive us and He will. But if we don't do our very best to follow every bit of God's Word (as in the King James version of the Bible), and we don't ask Jesus to forgive all our sins, we will be cast into eternal torment after we die.

God has decided humans deserve infinite punishment for finite sin.

Quote:
so what im trying to say is that im not putting him down nor am i brushing him off just because im not a christian, but that doesnt mean i wont convert to it later on when im older... but i doubt i will because i truly believe in treating other with kindness and respect (which, in my opinion, is so rare these days).
We treat others with exactly the degree of kindness and respect the Bible tells us to use. That is, we judge and condemn those who sin in the eyes of God.

You say that you're still a child? How old?

I suggest that you read the Bible with your parents, that they may help you understand who God is, who Jesus is, and what following God's Word really means. You should read ALL parts of it, not just the happy parts, and not just the parts some lying preachers say are the parts that matter. It ALL matters.

Also, you seem to only have a very basic grasp of your own religion. I suggest you also study and more fully understand your own religion, that you may see where it falls short of Christianity once you fully understand both religions.
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
Ohnn (Quarantined) Ohnn is offline
Landover Habilitation and Therapy Unit (For those unfit to mix with the normal public)
 
Posts: 27
Join Date: Jan 2007
Ohnn is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Ohnn is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Hello =] - 01-10-2007, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post
I believe the two of you had a misunderstanding. A "thread" is this individual conversation. The "forum" is the collection of conversations that makes up landoverbaptist.net.

Since you started this thread, it does not make sense for you to say you discovered it. I believe you meant that you discovered this forum, and find it very interesting.
ooh.. thank you for clearing that up.. i meant that i found this forum one day and thought it was very interesting..


Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post
Do people vote in your country? In the United States, to pick our leaders we go into a private booth and make our selections. Outside the booth, we may profess support for any candidate we want, but when we're alone, in the booth, making our private selection, that's what counts.
thank you very much, but im fully aware how the American voting process works considering the fact that im an american citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post
Keeping traditions is like going around wearing a button for a particular candidate. Everybody sees the button on my shirt, and says, "Oh, he supports Candidate X." But when I go to vote, I may vote for Candidate Z.
umm.. not trying to sound rude.. but itsnt that hypocritical? and isnt being a hypocrite a bad thing?

i really dont think it is even on the same plane as wearing a button. i see it more as a cultural thing.. you know, something handed down generation to generation... i dont see how wearing a button works the same way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post
I can keep Christian traditions -- going to church every week, for example -- but not believe in Jesus or follow God's Word. My going to church won't matter when God is deciding my eternal fate, if I didn't actually believe!
lol. i have to agree, that is true. but on the same token, why would you spend your time doing "frivolous" things when you dont have a level of respect for it? of course, the obvious answer would be "because he/she/they would want people to think that they believe in Jesus." but then, carrying the false mask around for years, going to church even though you dont belive in it.. wouldnt one just drop the lie altogether? as far as i know, he still volunteer at church, help out, and celebrate christian holidays. and so far it's been... geez... since dad was... i dunno... 15 years old? that's quite a looong time to be carrying a lie..

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post
Meanwhile, not converting when you do believe -- that is, denying God -- for the sake of keeping your family's traditions is insulting to God and a surefire way to Hell. God is very jealous, and doesn't want you worshipping any other gods.
hmm... like i mentioned before, buddhism doesnt have a god...

but i am very confused... god is the ultimate diety, the ultimate being, is that not so? god is the model of perfection, and every good thing you can think of along with it. so.. why would god be jealous? i just started reading the bible i was given and im still at the old testiment.. i know, im a slow reader.. all i've figured out so far was that god seemed... sort of... malicious.. i could understand why because there were lots of sinful people, but why worship someone so... cruel? well, i guess it balances the good and the evil... -.-'' well, i think i just answered my own question...


Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post
So now, we're expected to obey the Word of God, but if we mess up, we can ask Jesus to forgive us and He will. But if we don't do our very best to follow every bit of God's Word (as in the King James version of the Bible), and we don't ask Jesus to forgive all our sins, we will be cast into eternal torment after we die.
wow... i can see why you're so strict about your religion... but we're but humans. humans are imperfect creatures... so more than likely we will mess up, so what does that mean? will we go to hell?


Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post
God has decided humans deserve infinite punishment for finite sin.
wow.. that's totally unfair..


Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post
We treat others with exactly the degree of kindness and respect the Bible tells us to use. That is, we judge and condemn those who sin in the eyes of God.
yes, i never said you didnt. everyone has their own veiws on kindness and respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post
You say that you're still a child? How old?
im old enough. for safety purposes, i choose not to reveal my age, name, residence, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post
I suggest that you read the Bible with your parents, that they may help you understand who God is, who Jesus is, and what following God's Word really means. You should read ALL parts of it, not just the happy parts, and not just the parts some lying preachers say are the parts that matter. It ALL matters.
actually, that's what im doing actually, expect the part where im reading it with my parents.. it would take ages for me to translate it to my mom... and as for my dad, he read it several times already. i find the happy parts pretty boring... -.-''

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post
Also, you seem to only have a very basic grasp of your own religion. I suggest you also study and more fully understand your own religion, that you may see where it falls short of Christianity once you fully understand both religions.
umm.. im pretty much sure i know alot more about my religion than most because i get to read the texts many dont get to read... as for christianity, i never said they're one and the same... nor have i said that buddhism is better than christianity...
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
WickedWitch's Avatar
WickedWitch WickedWitch is offline
Unsaved Canuck Who Longs to be Saved©
CAUTION: Poster is Bi-Lingually curious

Hellbound Heathen Cancer on Society Witch

 
Posts: 1,366
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In a house made of watermelons, in Canada
WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Default Re: Hello =] - 01-10-2007, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohnn View Post
... nor have i said that buddhism is better than christianity...
No, you haven't. But they are trying to tell you that Christianity (their kind of Christianity) is better than Buddhism. Here, I think you deserve this because you've been so patient with them *gives Ohnn a cookie*.

AHAM AROGYAM
AHAM ANANDAM
AHAM AHINSA

Blessed Be!



(Oh my goodness! That was a really fuzzy-wuzzy, warm and loving, fluffy bunny post!)


This space is reserved for posting KJV Scripture ONLY. --ADMIN
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
Pastor Al E Pistle's Avatar
Pastor Al E Pistle Pastor Al E Pistle is offline
Christ's Cōnsiliārius
 
 
Posts: 9,311
Join Date: Sep 2006
Pastor Al E Pistle has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hello =] - 01-10-2007, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undecided View Post

AHAM AROGYAM
AHAM ANANDAM
AHAM AHINSA

Blessed Be!

So much for an IQ of 170.


Emeritus Professor of the Christ Jesus Chair of Theology at Landover Baptist University.
"God loves you. Let us arrange for you to meet Him".
Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth.--Psalms 58:6


Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
OnYourKnees's Avatar
OnYourKnees OnYourKnees is offline
On Extended Furlough
True Christian™
 
Posts: 4,784
Join Date: Nov 2006
OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Hello =] - 01-10-2007, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohnn View Post
thank you very much, but im fully aware how the American voting process works considering the fact that im an american citizen.
I was using it as an example, to illustrate a point. Voting, like true faith, is carried out in secret. It's something only you and God know the truth about.

Quote:
umm.. not trying to sound rude.. but itsnt that hypocritical? and isnt being a hypocrite a bad thing?

i really dont think it is even on the same plane as wearing a button. i see it more as a cultural thing.. you know, something handed down generation to generation... i dont see how wearing a button works the same way..
Again, I'm using it as an example. It's putting on something that shows outwardly what you want people to see, rather than what you really believe. And yes, that's hypocritical. Most people are hypocrites, and yes that's bad.

Quote:
i have to agree, that is true. but on the same token, why would you spend your time doing "frivolous" things when you dont have a level of respect for it? of course, the obvious answer would be "because he/she/they would want people to think that they believe in Jesus." but then, carrying the false mask around for years, going to church even though you dont belive in it.. wouldnt one just drop the lie altogether? as far as i know, he still volunteer at church, help out, and celebrate christian holidays. and so far it's been... geez... since dad was... i dunno... 15 years old? that's quite a looong time to be carrying a lie..
False Christians carry it on their whole lives. They profess to follow God and Jesus, but pick and choose what part of God's Word they want to believe. Many of them only do it because it's what their friends believe, or their family, so they go along with it.

Imagine rejecting your family's religious beliefs. They would probably be insulted and throw you out of the house! If you were married, your wife might leave you and take your children away! Your boss might fire you! All your friends would reject you!

So that's why people lie about their religion.

Quote:
but i am very confused... god is the ultimate diety, the ultimate being, is that not so? god is the model of perfection, and every good thing you can think of along with it. so.. why would god be jealous? i just started reading the bible i was given and im still at the old testiment.. i know, im a slow reader.. all i've figured out so far was that god seemed... sort of... malicious.. i could understand why because there were lots of sinful people, but why worship someone so... cruel?
Because He will toss us into Hell for all eternity if we don't. Seems like a good reason to me.
Quote:
wow... i can see why you're so strict about your religion... but we're but humans. humans are imperfect creatures... so more than likely we will mess up, so what does that mean? will we go to hell?
Not if you do your best always to follow every bit of God's Word (the unaltered King James version), and pray to Jesus. Otherwise? Yes.
Quote:
wow.. that's totally unfair..
Nobody said God was fair. The Bible certainly doesn't. Read the book of Job, then tell us if you think God is fair.

Fairness is a human concept. God has His own concept of justice, which is not at all like what we consider "fair". God's justice involves doing exactly what He says, at all times, or being punished forever for just one small mistake. Or, if you're Job, maybe you can do exactly what He says, at all times, and be used as a pawn in a bet with Satan and have your life ruined anyway!
Quote:
umm.. im pretty much sure i know alot more about my religion than most because i get to read the texts many dont get to read... as for christianity, i never said they're one and the same... nor have i said that buddhism is better than christianity...
From your comment suggesting we find someone who knows more about Buddhism, I assumed you were young and just learning.
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
Mrs. Mary Whitford's Avatar
Mrs. Mary Whitford Mrs. Mary Whitford is offline
Ladies of Landover Senior VP
One of the Truest Christians™ Ever
Mama Grizzly and formerly Sister Mary Maria
True Christian™

Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 3rd class Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Christian Love Real American™ Cleanest Kitchen True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ Platinum Tither Ribfest '07 True Christian Homemaker Ex-Mary Worshipper Best stoning bucket Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS TC Bravery Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Friend of Jesus Most Obedient Mrs. Sarah Palin Lady of the Year 2010 Flat Earth Mission to Australia Mama Grizzly Persecuted Pro-Life The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Batman Shooting Survivor Guns, Guts and GLORY! Kirk Cameron Fan Club The Lord’s Witness Wound Early riser Proud Niglet Sponsorer Home Schooled Jailed for JESUS Paula Deen Negro Support Group Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years

 
Posts: 12,660
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Standing behind my husband
Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Hello =] - 01-10-2007, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undecided View Post

AHAM AROGYAM
AHAM ANANDAM
AHAM AHINSA

Blessed Be!
DON'T START SUMMONING DEMONS IN GOD'S HOUSE, VILE SINNER! We are under the protection of Jesus Christ, and your blasphemous prayers to Satan and his underlings will go unheeded!

In the name of Jesus, get thee behind me, Satan!


Posted via Prayer

1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

Blogging for CHRIST!
Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
All a-Twitter for Salvation!
Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
My Ladies of Landover profile!
Reply With Quote
(#11)
Old
WickedWitch's Avatar
WickedWitch WickedWitch is offline
Unsaved Canuck Who Longs to be Saved©
CAUTION: Poster is Bi-Lingually curious

Hellbound Heathen Cancer on Society Witch

 
Posts: 1,366
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In a house made of watermelons, in Canada
WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Default Re: Hello =] - 01-10-2007, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorAl
So much for an IQ of 170.
That's Sanskrit. It says "I am Healthy. I am Blessed. I am Kind". It has no reflection on my IQ. (Which I have tested, you know, so old :p !)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Mary Maria View Post
DON'T START SUMMONING DEMONS IN GOD'S HOUSE, VILE SINNER! We are under the protection of Jesus Christ, and your blasphemous prayers to Satan and his underlings will go unheeded! Look up there at the translation I gave to Pastor Al. Something about that that says evil to you?

In the name of Jesus, get thee behind me, Satan!
You know, for someone who screams so loudly against sodomy, I have to wonder why you'd want Satan behind you... ??


This space is reserved for posting KJV Scripture ONLY. --ADMIN
Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
Mrs. Mary Whitford's Avatar
Mrs. Mary Whitford Mrs. Mary Whitford is offline
Ladies of Landover Senior VP
One of the Truest Christians™ Ever
Mama Grizzly and formerly Sister Mary Maria
True Christian™

Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 3rd class Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Christian Love Real American™ Cleanest Kitchen True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ Platinum Tither Ribfest '07 True Christian Homemaker Ex-Mary Worshipper Best stoning bucket Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS TC Bravery Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Friend of Jesus Most Obedient Mrs. Sarah Palin Lady of the Year 2010 Flat Earth Mission to Australia Mama Grizzly Persecuted Pro-Life The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Batman Shooting Survivor Guns, Guts and GLORY! Kirk Cameron Fan Club The Lord’s Witness Wound Early riser Proud Niglet Sponsorer Home Schooled Jailed for JESUS Paula Deen Negro Support Group Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years

 
Posts: 12,660
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Standing behind my husband
Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Hello =] - 01-10-2007, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undecided View Post
You know, for someone who screams so loudly against sodomy, I have to wonder why you'd want Satan behind you... ??
Matthew 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Those are God's words. God will NOT be mocked, as you will find out when you're writhing in agony after the Day of Judgment.


Posted via Prayer

1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

Blogging for CHRIST!
Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
All a-Twitter for Salvation!
Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
My Ladies of Landover profile!
Reply With Quote
(#13)
Old
Brother Love's Avatar
Brother Love Brother Love is offline
Yes, THAT Brother Love!
True Christian™
 
Posts: 403
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wherever Jesus Needs to Save Souls!!
Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Hello =] - 01-10-2007, 12:55 AM

You're an IDOL worshipper? Good God ALMIGHTY! Jesus is MORE than to just be "respected" friend. HE IS TO BE WORSHIPPED AS THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE GOD!!
You play the violin? Well isn't that special Jennifer? Ok I get it. You"re a HOMER and a HEATHEN. Why did I expect nothing less?

"Undecided" we can do WITHOUT your SATANIC chants. You know, all the "Aham Anandam" which is, no doubt, some chant that pays homage to your master the DEVIL. Come to JeSuS! Repent the both of you and BE SAVED BY THE BLOOD OF THE ALMIGHTY LAMB!!


Evangelist for Jesus and The Word!!

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." Matthew 7:15


"Prayer should be your first resource. Not your last resort!!"
Reply With Quote
(#14)
Old
Ohnn (Quarantined) Ohnn is offline
Landover Habilitation and Therapy Unit (For those unfit to mix with the normal public)
 
Posts: 27
Join Date: Jan 2007
Ohnn is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Ohnn is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Hello =] - 01-10-2007, 01:10 AM

To OnYourKnees- thanks for being patient for me. it's nice to know you respect me enough to do so =]

Quote:
If you were married, your wife might leave you and take your children away!
goodbness gracious.. WIFE?! hecks, no, im prettty much sure im not a lesbian.. im sorry i didnt tell you i was a female earlier...

Quote:
No, you haven't. But they are trying to tell you that Christianity (their kind of Christianity) is better than Buddhism. Here, I think you deserve this because you've been so patient with them *gives Ohnn a cookie*.


aww.. thanks a lot undecided! how'd you know i have such a huge sweet tooth? =D

Quote:
From your comment suggesting we find someone who knows more about Buddhism, I assumed you were young and just learning.
lol. and i never denied saying i was young. but i just happened to know more than most because im one of the lucky few who are patient enough to sit and translate ancient scriptures for different types buddhism of asia. as for that, im still young and a child, so someone with more experience should know a tad bit more, but i still believe that i know a bit more than your average non buddhist monk.
Reply With Quote
(#15)
Old
Ohnn (Quarantined) Ohnn is offline
Landover Habilitation and Therapy Unit (For those unfit to mix with the normal public)
 
Posts: 27
Join Date: Jan 2007
Ohnn is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Ohnn is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Hello =] - 01-10-2007, 01:19 AM

hahaha... Brotherly Love, you're quite energetic... no i am not an idol worshipper, as i have said many, many times. i dont think i have the talent to play the violin. it's nice to know i got a new nickname... jennifer. lol.. that's my cousin's name.. wow... "homer and a heathen", now? wow... that progressed faster than i originally thought... harr harr.. that's pretty funny. but i dont think i'd like to convert to a religion where they teach followers to call people homers and heathens... thanks for your post though =D
Reply With Quote
(#16)
Old
Mrs. Mary Whitford's Avatar
Mrs. Mary Whitford Mrs. Mary Whitford is offline
Ladies of Landover Senior VP
One of the Truest Christians™ Ever
Mama Grizzly and formerly Sister Mary Maria
True Christian™

Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 3rd class Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Christian Love Real American™ Cleanest Kitchen True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ Platinum Tither Ribfest '07 True Christian Homemaker Ex-Mary Worshipper Best stoning bucket Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS TC Bravery Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Friend of Jesus Most Obedient Mrs. Sarah Palin Lady of the Year 2010 Flat Earth Mission to Australia Mama Grizzly Persecuted Pro-Life The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Batman Shooting Survivor Guns, Guts and GLORY! Kirk Cameron Fan Club The Lord’s Witness Wound Early riser Proud Niglet Sponsorer Home Schooled Jailed for JESUS Paula Deen Negro Support Group Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years

 
Posts: 12,660
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Standing behind my husband
Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Hello =] - 01-10-2007, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohnn View Post
goodbness gracious.. WIFE?! hecks, no, im prettty much sure im not a lesbian.. im sorry i didnt tell you i was a female earlier...
Two good things here! First, you're not as steeped in sin as you led us to believe! Sure, you're wallowing up to your eyeballs in it, but your haven't succumbed to unnatural desires yet! Secondly, being a woman has one advantage (other than we don't have to tax our poor brains too much), and it's that we can submit ourselves to a True Christian™ man who can gently guide us to live the godly life we otherwise couldn't naturally live by ourselves.


Posted via Prayer

1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

Blogging for CHRIST!
Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
All a-Twitter for Salvation!
Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
My Ladies of Landover profile!
Reply With Quote
(#17)
Old
Ohnn (Quarantined) Ohnn is offline
Landover Habilitation and Therapy Unit (For those unfit to mix with the normal public)
 
Posts: 27
Join Date: Jan 2007
Ohnn is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Ohnn is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Hello =] - 01-10-2007, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Two good things here! First, you're not as steeped in sin as you led us to believe! Sure, you're wallowing up to your eyeballs in it, but your haven't succumbed to unnatural desires yet! Secondly, being a woman has one advantage (other than we don't have to tax our poor brains too much), and it's that we can submit ourselves to a True Christian™ man who can gently guide us to live the godly life we otherwise couldn't naturally live by ourselves.


it was not me who led you to believe that, but you people assumed it yourself without asking me first. but in a way it was also my fault... it should had been common sense to say im a girl to begin with... but as for using our brains, i think i'll exercise my right to think and reason, but thanks for the advice, i will remember that when need be. =] and the submitting part, i dont think i should be thinking about those things yet. im still in school and i dont plan on marrying at a young age. but i do think it's possible to live alone and still live a godly lifestyle.. if not, then just ignore that comment.
Reply With Quote
(#18)
Old
TwinkBoy's Avatar
TwinkBoy TwinkBoy is offline
CASTLES DON'T HAVE PHONES
Forum Member
 
Posts: 212
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Transsexual, Transylvania
TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Hello =] - 01-10-2007, 01:43 AM

Hello Ohnn and WELCOME to the LBC, love.

Well gotta go...just wanted to POP IN and welcome another "heathen" such as myself...LMAO.....

Chow love,
Twink


"I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania."

"Don't dream it...BE IT!"
Reply With Quote
(#19)
Old
Ohnn (Quarantined) Ohnn is offline
Landover Habilitation and Therapy Unit (For those unfit to mix with the normal public)
 
Posts: 27
Join Date: Jan 2007
Ohnn is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Ohnn is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Hello =] - 01-10-2007, 01:47 AM

lol. thx for the welcome twink, maybe being a "heathen" isnt so bad to have people who make you feel welcomed =D
Reply With Quote
(#20)
Old
WickedWitch's Avatar
WickedWitch WickedWitch is offline
Unsaved Canuck Who Longs to be Saved©
CAUTION: Poster is Bi-Lingually curious

Hellbound Heathen Cancer on Society Witch

 
Posts: 1,366
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In a house made of watermelons, in Canada
WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.WickedWitch is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Default Re: Hello =] - 01-10-2007, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohnn View Post
aww.. thanks a lot undecided! how'd you know i have such a huge sweet tooth? =D
I'm just that cool! Lol.


This space is reserved for posting KJV Scripture ONLY. --ADMIN
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Find Additional Forums Here



Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved