Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Bible Study > Bible in a Year
Reload this Page Day 334: 2 Corinthians 10-13
Bible in a Year KJV with Brother V

(#1)
Old
Visiting Pastor of Theology
True Christian™

Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Protected by JESUS

Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.Martin J. Godeberht has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Bible Day 334: 2 Corinthians 10-13 - 11-16-2016, 12:34 AM

Chapter 10

In this chapter Paul explains how he is never bragging about himself. Because that'd be a sin, duh!

Paul is really bold in his letters (2 Cor 10:1), but not so impressive in person (2 Cor 10:2), and it's all because his powers are not carnal, but from God (2 Cor 10:3-5).

All disobedience needs to be punished:

2 Corinthians 10:
6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

So don't worry about Paul's appearance (2 Cor 10:7).

God gave Paul authority, so screw you who judge Paul based on his not-so-impressive appearance:

2 Corinthians 10:8-10
8 For though I should boast somewhat more of our authority, which the Lord hath given us for edification, and not for your destruction, I should not be ashamed:
9 That I may not seem as if I would terrify you by letters.
10 For his letters, say they, are weighty and powerful; but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech contemptible.

Comparing between people using human measures is not good (2 Cor 10:11-12). Paul, on the other hand, uses God's measure to brag about himself:

2 Corinthians 10:13 But we will not boast of things without our measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you.

Paul is not just bragging, he's glorifying the Lord (2 Cor 10:14-18).

Chapter 11

This chapter describes everything Paul did for Corinthians (and by extension, to all of us True Christians™) in very much detail. Bear with me (says Paul, 2 Cor 11:1). Paul is jealous, because he wanted to presented our Church to Jesus as Jesus' wife (2 Cor 11:2), but our minds have been corrupted (2 Cor 11:3). Paul sarcastically says that if we don't like what he says we can go and look for another Jesus (2 Cor 11:4). Basically, it's Paul's way or the highway. He may not look great or speak so great, but he knows better than anyone else:

2 Corinthians 11:5-6
5 For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.
6 But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things.

So anything bad Paul did, he did that for us (2 Cor 11:7). He even robbed other churches for us:

2 Corinthians 11:8 I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service.

That was good, because the objective always justifies the means. Also, Paul was never a burden for anyone (2 Cor 11:9). Nobody can stop Paul from bragging, and it's all from his love for us (2 Cor 11:10-12), because there are some false apostles who disguise themselves as ministers of God while actually serving Satan (2 Cor 11:13-15). Therefore, Paul's bragging serves God. If someone thinks that Paul is dumb, Paul needs to defend himself in order to glorify God:

2 Cor 11:16-18
16 I say again, let no man think me a fool; if otherwise, yet as a fool receive me, that I may boast myself a little.
17 That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting.
18 Seeing that many glory after the flesh, I will glory also.

So don't fall into the trap of false teachings (2 Cor 11:19-20). Paul is just as bold and True Hebrew™ as these other teachers (2 Cor 11:21-22), but Paul is better at everything:

2 Corinthians 11:23-28
23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.

Don't you dare saying a word. Paul has suffered for YOU. A lot (the litany continues, 2 Corinthians 11:29-33).

Chapter 12

This chapter is still about Paul (in a totally non narcissistic sort of way, obviously). Paul has visions (2 Cor 12:1), and sometimes he has a hard time discerning between visions and reality:

2 Corinthians 12:2-4
2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven.
3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth
4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Some could say that this sort of thing could be indicative of schizophrenia, but I say Paul clearly has visions from God, sent for God's glory (2 Cor 12:5-6). He also suffered in his visions (2 Cor 12:7-9). Paul takes pleasure in his own pain (in a totally non masochistic sort of way):

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Paul is at the same nothing and the best apostle (2 Cor 12:11-12). We are not worse than any other church (2 Cor 12:13), and Paul is ready to come to us (2 Cor 12:14). Paul's problem is that the more he loves, he is loved less (2 Cor 12:15), but he's OK with it (2 Cor 12:16). Neither Paul nor Titus have made any profit out of us (2 Cor 12:17-18), because everything Paul and his people do is for our benefit (2 Cor 12:19). Paul is coming and he does not want to see any sin (2 Cor 12:20-21).

Chapter 13

The final thoughts. Get ready - Paul is coming:

2 Corinthians 13:1
This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

He's not going to spare the sinners (2 Cor 13:2). We need to prove that our faith in Jesus is strong (2 Cor 13:3-5). Paul trust it is (2 Cor 13:6), and he is praying for us (2 Cor 13:7-8). We are strong in our weakness (2 Cor 13:9). Just remember that everything Paul said is for your benefit (2 Cor 13:10).

Paul ends the letter with best wishes and greetings in Jesus' name (2 Cor 13:11-14). Don't forget to kiss each other (2 Cor 13:12).