Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > False Religions and Cults
Reload this Page Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God?
False Religions and Cults Catholics, Wiccans, Lutherans, Satanists, Mormons, and more!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1)
Old
davaca davaca is offline
Unsaved trash
 
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Feb 2007
davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Default Re: Is Your Child A Goth? - 02-04-2007, 02:03 PM

I read the bible... not the version you mentioned, but it's an interesting book, but I never really understood exactly why some people take this for truth...
There are plenty of other religions, or interpretations of those religions (you guys are just a small part of christianity), so please explain to me why you are right and they are wrong.
Unfortunatly, the answer: "the Bible says so" is not enough. I know you are convinced that the Bible is the only truth available, but I'm afraid muslims say the exact same thing abouth the koran, and others think it's all the same, books written by people, nothing more. Why would you be right, and all the others wrong?

Note: This section was split off from Is Your Child a Goth, as the discussion merited its own space. -OYK

Last edited by OnYourKnees; 02-05-2007 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Explanatory note added.
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
Pastor Ezekiel's Avatar
Pastor Ezekiel Pastor Ezekiel is offline
Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study
 

One Year/1000 posts Ribfest '09 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Saved 1 Year Long service medal, 3rd class Christian Love True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Real American™ True Heterosexual™ Tithing Manager 2008 Witch Hunt Award Gunfest '09 Senior Pastor Mission to Australia Heaven Bound Tagging for Jesus The Lord’s Witness Wound Home Schooled Punched the most queers TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Jailed for JESUS Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot 20,000 posts Friend of Jesus 2010 Witch Hunt Award Flat Earth 50,000 posts Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Mission to Japan Pro-Life Mission to Las Vegas True Christian Provider™ award True Scientist™ Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award Outreach preacher Special Mission (North Korea) Golden Bear Award True Republican Batman Shooting Survivor Sons of Liberty Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! WisconSIN Shooting survivor Proud Niglet Sponsorer Truck Stop Ministry Member Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club In Love With Zeke Bear Prayer Warrior 2012 Witch Hunt Award Man of the Year True Christian Hotrodder Paula Deen Negro Support Group Gator Touched by Jesus 75,000 posts Man of the Year Babysitter 2014 Witch Hunt Award Stamp of Approval Mission to Korea Trump of GOD Uber Angels Driver Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch Roper Crossburn Donald Trump 2016! Pancake Dinner Anti-sodomy Hands Off 2015 Witch Hunt Award Pastor Ezekiel Golden Bear Award Mission Long service medal, 2nd class Aardvark Asked questions later Heart of compassion Crown of Righteousness The Crown of Crowns Crown of Glory Crown of Incorruptibility Crown of Rejoicing Crown of Life BFF of Jesus Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Mission to the Philippines Clorox Cured Me QAnon Storm Chaser Anti-Biden

 
Posts: 79,857
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Freehold, Iowa
Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Is Your Child A Goth? - 02-04-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaca View Post
I read the bible... not the version you mentioned, but it's an interesting book, but I never really understood exactly why some people take this for truth...
There are plenty of other religions, or interpretations of those religions (you guys are just a small part of christianity), so please explain to me why you are right and they are wrong.
Unfortunatly, the answer: "the Bible says so" is not enough. I know you are convinced that the Bible is the only truth available, but I'm afraid muslims say the exact same thing abouth the koran, and others think it's all the same, books written by people, nothing more. Why would you be right, and all the others wrong?
Yes well, being a frenchie it would be tougher for you to understand God's Divine Plan. Try reading the REAL Bible, The Holy KJV1611 Bible, the only one dictated directly by God, and you may stand a chance of grasping His love.

Surely you aren't so twisted as to imagine that a filthy sand nigra cult is somehow equivilent to Jesus?


Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
davaca davaca is offline
Unsaved trash
 
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Feb 2007
davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Default Re: Is Your Child A Goth? - 02-04-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
Yes well, being a frenchie it would be tougher for you to understand God's Divine Plan. Try reading the REAL Bible, The Holy KJV1611 Bible, the only one dictated directly by God, and you may stand a chance of grasping His love.

Surely you aren't so twisted as to imagine that a filthy sand nigra cult is somehow equivilent to Jesus?
Well, I guess explaining that explaining Belgium isn't France is useless, after all they're not mentioned in the Bible, so it can't mather anyway, can it?
Anyway, that kjv1611 Bible, exactly what's the difference between that one and the other versions? God himself just came down and told somebody what he wanted to be written down? Strange little story, I thought taking drugs made you goth? whatever...
And you missed my point abouth the islam (or, for that mather, any other religion): from their point of view they are right and you are wrong. and they all have some Gods to back them up, and they probably also came down to tell mankind what to do. So to me, some guy who isn't baised yet, they all look the same. I already asked: why are you right? and I also already told: the Bible says so is not a good anwer.
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
Rev. Dr. Davidson's Avatar
Rev. Dr. Davidson Rev. Dr. Davidson is offline
Forum Member
Forum Member

One Year/1000 posts

 
Posts: 1,437
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Twenty minutes from hell- I mean Washington DC
Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Is Your Child A Goth? - 02-04-2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaca View Post
And you missed my point abouth the islam (or, for that mather, any other religion): from their point of view they are right and you are wrong. and they all have some Gods to back them up, and they probably also came down to tell mankind what to do.
Okay.... No army in the history of earth has ever gone to the battlefield thinking God sided with the enemy.

From a logical standpoint, everyone should leave everyone else the hell alone. But that doesn't happen. God laid down some pretty straight forward rules. They're in the old and new testament. That whole, "Don't tread on me," doctrine came from somewhere. Honestly though, check out the histories of the world's modern religions. You'll find one hell of a lot of contradictions.


"If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. . . . And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the manservant's do."
(Leviticus 21:6-7)
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
Bobby-Joe's Avatar
Bobby-Joe Bobby-Joe is offline
Landover Security Superviser
Asset Loss Prevention and Personal Security Expert
NOT angry and positively NOT Gay
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 2nd class Saved 1 Year Saved 5 Years True Heterosexual™ True Christian Provider™ award 2008 Witch Hunt Award Real American™ Ex-Mary Worshipper The Lord’s Witness Wound Tagging for Jesus Heaven Bound TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Punched the most queers Ex-Masturbator True Christian Justice of the Peace Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot Home Schooled Friend of Jesus 2010 Witch Hunt Award Flat Earth Super Soaker Baptism Award Tell her once Silver Tither Gunfest '07 Christian Love Persecuted Porn Resistant Mission to Las Vegas Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award True Republican Sons of Liberty Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior

 
Posts: 18,555
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Freehold Iowa
Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Is Your Child A Goth? - 02-04-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaca View Post
after all they're not mentioned in the Bible, so it can't mather anyway, can it?
Anyway, that kjv1611 Bible, exactly what's the difference between that one and the other versions? God himself just came down and told somebody what he wanted to be written down? Strange little story, I thought taking drugs made you goth? whatever...
And you missed my point abouth the islam (or, for that mather, any other religion): from their point of view they are right and you are wrong. and they all have some Gods to back them up, and they probably also came down to tell mankind what to do. So to me, some guy who isn't baised yet, they all look the same. I already asked: why are you right? and I also already told: the Bible says so is not a good anwer.

That is the point Friend; The Bible is God’s message to creation. If Islam or Mormonism were the right one God would say so in The Bible and they wouldn’t have to have those extra books.

Look, the argument of Islam and Mormonism is damn silly from their own view point friend; they all claim to worship the same God as the Christians do. This God is supposed to be all powerful, all knowing, active in the world and perfect. So according to Mohamed and Joseph Smith God is too dumb or doesn’t care so mere men could screw up His message The Bible so God felt the need to put out supplemental works. They undermine themselves with their own argument. If God is that dumb, weak or uncaring why worship Him?



Time to reclaim our FREEDOM from the “Mullah in Chief” and his growing activist voter hoards of socialists, communists, anti-Semites, anti-Christians, atheists, radical gays and lesbians, feminists, illegal immigrants, Muslims, anti-Anglo whites and others.

Hot Must ReadThreads!


Time to come clean on Benghazi Mr Obama!
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
davaca davaca is offline
Unsaved trash
 
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Feb 2007
davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Default Re: Is Your Child A Goth? - 02-04-2007, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Mary Maria View Post
The Bible, including Jesus and the Resurrection, are historically proven fact. None of the false religions even mention the Resurrection, the single most important moment in history. Only God cares enough about the world to have His only begotten Son temporarily killed for our sins.
Jesus is a proven fact. Moses going out of egypt is a proven fact. There are, indeed, a lot of proven facts. However, the Bible also contains a lot of metaphors (the creation of earth) or details that where changed for some reason, like the sea splitting and a pilar of fire coming down upon the egyptians to stop them (That one was written by the Jew's high priest because the jews where, yet again, slaves somewhere... Babylon, I believe).

While a lot of the basic stories are hystorically correct,almost everything is writen by humans, and certainly not by some God. The only thing which I can agree on are the ten commandments. But, for example, the first testament. The first gospel was written in abouth the year 60, and the last on in abouth 100... So Jesus would be dead for 27 or 67 years, depending which one you're talking abouth. None of the writers ever met Jesus, and because the average age wasn't to high back then, they probably haven't met many people who actually had met Jesus. Their writtings are based on the few eyewithnesses who were still alive, some mysterious text called the Q-text which we don't know right now and other, loose fragments.

Of course, there where more than four gospels written, the non canonical gospels. The death sea scrolls, for example, or one abouth Jesus years as a child (that one is almost sure to be completely made up). There where more, but I doubt we'll ever find them all. Most are probably destroyed anyway. I hope you guys know that the only reason the ones that are in the Bible right now are in the Bible right now, is because they where chosen, I believe somewhere after the year 300... I somebody gives you a lot of stories abouth the same event, and you have to choose four that are right and others are wrong, I don't think there is a lot you have to base yourself upon.
All of this means that, despite the fact that Jesus lived and that he was an extraordinary man, not his whole story is a fact.

It's also like I'm wrong right now, but I believe that the ressurection is mentioned in the qur'an. After all, Jesus might not be considered to be the son of God in that book, but he supposed to be a pretty important prophet. I'm not sure, though... But of course, for the other 'false' religions, that isn't an important thing, after all, Jesus has nothing to do with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe View Post
Quote:
That is the point Friend; The Bible is God’s message to creation. If Islam or Mormonism were the right one God would say so in The Bible and they wouldn’t have to have those extra books.
Look, the argument of Islam and Mormonism is damn silly from their own view point friend; they all claim to worship the same God as the Christians do. This God is supposed to be all powerful, all knowing, active in the world and perfect. So according to Mohamed and Joseph Smith God is too dumb or doesn’t care so mere men could screw up His message The Bible so God felt the need to put out supplemental works. They undermine themselves with their own argument. If God is that dumb, weak or uncaring why worship Him?
For mormonism: You do realise Chrisianity started as what is today known as catholicism, right? You guys split off too... and for the Islam: It's a different religion. Mohamed has taken parts of both Judaism and christianity, but they don't even use the Bible. It's like a Jew saying that Jesus is nog important because he isn't mentioned in the torah (Which I believe is roughly the same as the old testament, right?)

And for the second part, I can again compare it to the Jews: Jesus came there, and basically start telling the word of God. There are still Jews around today, so I guess not everybody believed him... It's about the exact same thing. But for you Jesus is real, but don't forget that he lived quite some time ago.

Perhaps God thinks that his rules shouldn't be always exactly the same. I know that He is supposed to be all knowing, but mankind changes. We learn new things, we stop doing other things. As a lousy example, it would be useless if God let Jesus tell us what to do with video games; I think most people would have declared him insane because those didn't exist.

Another example: If you are the captain of a ship, you can't sail always to the east. For 200 miles that might be great, but then there is a storm, and even if you knew about this storm all along, going east was the best to do, but now it isn't anymore. The orders have to change.

Do you understand what I mean? Mankind changes, we discover new things, and let go of old things. If a God created us, he must have intended it that way, and he must know that after some changes the orders we reciever earlier are no longer correct, and so he sends a new prophet.

I know Jesus wasn't a regular prophet, so perhaps a lot had to change. after all, he did bring a huge change, Christianity is still the biggest religion in the world...

Last edited by OnYourKnees; 02-04-2007 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Paragraph spacing
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
Mrs. Mary Whitford's Avatar
Mrs. Mary Whitford Mrs. Mary Whitford is offline
Ladies of Landover Senior VP
One of the Truest Christians™ Ever
Mama Grizzly and formerly Sister Mary Maria
True Christian™

Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 3rd class Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Christian Love Real American™ Cleanest Kitchen True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ Platinum Tither Ribfest '07 True Christian Homemaker Ex-Mary Worshipper Best stoning bucket Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS TC Bravery Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Friend of Jesus Most Obedient Mrs. Sarah Palin Lady of the Year 2010 Flat Earth Mission to Australia Mama Grizzly Persecuted Pro-Life The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Batman Shooting Survivor Guns, Guts and GLORY! Kirk Cameron Fan Club The Lord’s Witness Wound Early riser Proud Niglet Sponsorer Home Schooled Jailed for JESUS Paula Deen Negro Support Group Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years

 
Posts: 12,663
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Standing behind my husband
Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Is Your Child A Goth? - 02-04-2007, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaca View Post
You do realise Chrisianity started as what is today known as catolisism, right? You guys split off too...
I'm ignoring most of your rambling because you obviously know nothing of history or the Truth of the Bible. Instead I will focus on this one lie. Baptists were never catolists! We aren't even Protestants or Catholics. We predate them all, going right back to John the Baptist and Jesus Christ.


Posted via Prayer

1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

Blogging for CHRIST!
Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
All a-Twitter for Salvation!
Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
My Ladies of Landover profile!
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
Bobby-Joe's Avatar
Bobby-Joe Bobby-Joe is offline
Landover Security Superviser
Asset Loss Prevention and Personal Security Expert
NOT angry and positively NOT Gay
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 2nd class Saved 1 Year Saved 5 Years True Heterosexual™ True Christian Provider™ award 2008 Witch Hunt Award Real American™ Ex-Mary Worshipper The Lord’s Witness Wound Tagging for Jesus Heaven Bound TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Punched the most queers Ex-Masturbator True Christian Justice of the Peace Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot Home Schooled Friend of Jesus 2010 Witch Hunt Award Flat Earth Super Soaker Baptism Award Tell her once Silver Tither Gunfest '07 Christian Love Persecuted Porn Resistant Mission to Las Vegas Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award True Republican Sons of Liberty Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior

 
Posts: 18,555
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Freehold Iowa
Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Is Your Child A Goth? - 02-05-2007, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaca View Post
Do you understand what I mean? Mankind changes, we discover new things, and let go of old things. If a God created us, he must have intended it that way, and he must know that after some changes the orders we reciever earlier are no longer correct, and so he sends a new prophet.
Why would God change His rules??? God by definition perfect and unchanging. What you just posted is apologetics for that made up religion and again is heresy because it makes God out to be a bumbling fool who has to stumble along in the wake of man. Buy arguing this you are spitting into the face of God, calling Him a feeble, foolish and shortsited. With this statement you are trying to push Him over, urinate on Him and then writting what you want on His forhead with a sharpe pen.

That my friend is not Christian.

God sent Christ because the Jew, man, refused to obey Him. God inspired the Christians to break away from the Catholics because the Pope, man again, twisted God’s message. It is man that fails not God. If God can fail He is not God as TRUE Christians define Him. Maybe you find that acceptable in your hippy, preacher feel good religion friend but I keep faith in The God of The Bible. Is your idea of Sunday worship kicking arround a cross and shouting "looser" at it at the top of your' lungs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaca View Post
I know Jesus wasn't a regular prophet, so perhaps a lot had to change. after all, he did bring a huge change, Christianity is still the biggest religion in the world...
Jesus no mere prophet friend; He is God.



Time to reclaim our FREEDOM from the “Mullah in Chief” and his growing activist voter hoards of socialists, communists, anti-Semites, anti-Christians, atheists, radical gays and lesbians, feminists, illegal immigrants, Muslims, anti-Anglo whites and others.

Hot Must ReadThreads!


Time to come clean on Benghazi Mr Obama!
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
I Hate Fundies I Hate Fundies is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
 
Posts: 6
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: far away from you
I Hate Fundies is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Is Your Child A Goth? - 11-17-2007, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaca View Post
Jesus is a proven fact. Moses going out of egypt is a proven fact. There are, indeed, a lot of proven facts. However, the Bible also contains a lot of metaphors (the creation of earth) or details that where changed for some reason, like the sea splitting and a pilar of fire coming down upon the egyptians to stop them (That one was written by the Jew's high priest because the jews where, yet again, slaves somewhere... Babylon, I believe).

While a lot of the basic stories are hystorically correct,almost everything is writen by humans, and certainly not by some God. The only thing which I can agree on are the ten commandments. But, for example, the first testament. The first gospel was written in abouth the year 60, and the last on in abouth 100... So Jesus would be dead for 27 or 67 years, depending which one you're talking abouth. None of the writers ever met Jesus, and because the average age wasn't to high back then, they probably haven't met many people who actually had met Jesus. Their writtings are based on the few eyewithnesses who were still alive, some mysterious text called the Q-text which we don't know right now and other, loose fragments.

Of course, there where more than four gospels written, the non canonical gospels. The death sea scrolls, for example, or one abouth Jesus years as a child (that one is almost sure to be completely made up). There where more, but I doubt we'll ever find them all. Most are probably destroyed anyway. I hope you guys know that the only reason the ones that are in the Bible right now are in the Bible right now, is because they where chosen, I believe somewhere after the year 300... I somebody gives you a lot of stories abouth the same event, and you have to choose four that are right and others are wrong, I don't think there is a lot you have to base yourself upon.
All of this means that, despite the fact that Jesus lived and that he was an extraordinary man, not his whole story is a fact.

It's also like I'm wrong right now, but I believe that the ressurection is mentioned in the qur'an. After all, Jesus might not be considered to be the son of God in that book, but he supposed to be a pretty important prophet. I'm not sure, though... But of course, for the other 'false' religions, that isn't an important thing, after all, Jesus has nothing to do with them.



For mormonism: You do realise Chrisianity started as what is today known as catholicism, right? You guys split off too... and for the Islam: It's a different religion. Mohamed has taken parts of both Judaism and christianity, but they don't even use the Bible. It's like a Jew saying that Jesus is nog important because he isn't mentioned in the torah (Which I believe is roughly the same as the old testament, right?)

And for the second part, I can again compare it to the Jews: Jesus came there, and basically start telling the word of God. There are still Jews around today, so I guess not everybody believed him... It's about the exact same thing. But for you Jesus is real, but don't forget that he lived quite some time ago.

Perhaps God thinks that his rules shouldn't be always exactly the same. I know that He is supposed to be all knowing, but mankind changes. We learn new things, we stop doing other things. As a lousy example, it would be useless if God let Jesus tell us what to do with video games; I think most people would have declared him insane because those didn't exist.

Another example: If you are the captain of a ship, you can't sail always to the east. For 200 miles that might be great, but then there is a storm, and even if you knew about this storm all along, going east was the best to do, but now it isn't anymore. The orders have to change.

Do you understand what I mean? Mankind changes, we discover new things, and let go of old things. If a God created us, he must have intended it that way, and he must know that after some changes the orders we reciever earlier are no longer correct, and so he sends a new prophet.

I know Jesus wasn't a regular prophet, so perhaps a lot had to change. after all, he did bring a huge change, Christianity is still the biggest religion in the world...
davaca, don't try to change these peoples minds, they are fundamentalist sheep, blinded by faith.
they say other religions are barbaric, have a look at their history.
look at bobby joes avatar for example
KKK
now i want to make this perfectly clear for all you white trash, hillbilly, blind, stupid, hypocrites.
Bending down and kissing 'Gods' ass? piffle. THAT. SHIT.
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
Skeptic93's Avatar
Skeptic93 Skeptic93 is offline
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North. East. United States.
Skeptic93 is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Wink Re: Is Your Child A Goth? - 02-12-2008, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaca View Post
Jesus is a proven fact. Moses going out of egypt is a proven fact. There are, indeed, a lot of proven facts. However, the Bible also contains a lot of metaphors (the creation of earth) or details that where changed for some reason, like the sea splitting and a pilar of fire coming down upon the egyptians to stop them (That one was written by the Jew's high priest because the jews where, yet again, slaves somewhere... Babylon, I believe).

While a lot of the basic stories are hystorically correct,almost everything is writen by humans, and certainly not by some God. The only thing which I can agree on are the ten commandments. But, for example, the first testament. The first gospel was written in abouth the year 60, and the last on in abouth 100... So Jesus would be dead for 27 or 67 years, depending which one you're talking abouth. None of the writers ever met Jesus, and because the average age wasn't to high back then, they probably haven't met many people who actually had met Jesus. Their writtings are based on the few eyewithnesses who were still alive, some mysterious text called the Q-text which we don't know right now and other, loose fragments.

Of course, there where more than four gospels written, the non canonical gospels. The death sea scrolls, for example, or one abouth Jesus years as a child (that one is almost sure to be completely made up). There where more, but I doubt we'll ever find them all. Most are probably destroyed anyway. I hope you guys know that the only reason the ones that are in the Bible right now are in the Bible right now, is because they where chosen, I believe somewhere after the year 300... I somebody gives you a lot of stories abouth the same event, and you have to choose four that are right and others are wrong, I don't think there is a lot you have to base yourself upon.
All of this means that, despite the fact that Jesus lived and that he was an extraordinary man, not his whole story is a fact.

It's also like I'm wrong right now, but I believe that the ressurection is mentioned in the qur'an. After all, Jesus might not be considered to be the son of God in that book, but he supposed to be a pretty important prophet. I'm not sure, though... But of course, for the other 'false' religions, that isn't an important thing, after all, Jesus has nothing to do with them.



For mormonism: You do realise Chrisianity started as what is today known as catholicism, right? You guys split off too... and for the Islam: It's a different religion. Mohamed has taken parts of both Judaism and christianity, but they don't even use the Bible. It's like a Jew saying that Jesus is nog important because he isn't mentioned in the torah (Which I believe is roughly the same as the old testament, right?)

And for the second part, I can again compare it to the Jews: Jesus came there, and basically start telling the word of God. There are still Jews around today, so I guess not everybody believed him... It's about the exact same thing. But for you Jesus is real, but don't forget that he lived quite some time ago.

Perhaps God thinks that his rules shouldn't be always exactly the same. I know that He is supposed to be all knowing, but mankind changes. We learn new things, we stop doing other things. As a lousy example, it would be useless if God let Jesus tell us what to do with video games; I think most people would have declared him insane because those didn't exist.

Another example: If you are the captain of a ship, you can't sail always to the east. For 200 miles that might be great, but then there is a storm, and even if you knew about this storm all along, going east was the best to do, but now it isn't anymore. The orders have to change.

Do you understand what I mean? Mankind changes, we discover new things, and let go of old things. If a God created us, he must have intended it that way, and he must know that after some changes the orders we reciever earlier are no longer correct, and so he sends a new prophet.

I know Jesus wasn't a regular prophet, so perhaps a lot had to change. after all, he did bring a huge change, Christianity is still the biggest religion in the world...

Yeah, sorry to say, but the whole Moses thing was never proven, there is not one shred of evidence proving that Moses led a vast number of jews around a desert for any particular number of years. Also, we only have historical evidence jesus was a prophet, thats it. Most of christianity has egyptian mythology roots, along with many other religions that come before it, making me wonder what makes people believe any of it. Out of the 10000000 religions out there, who knows who is right? I would love to know, but whatever. I will live life my own way, treating people nicely, while looking out for myself, and if that isn't good enough for god, then oh well.
Nice question presented though.
Reply With Quote
(#11)
Old
Peter Skulls's Avatar
Peter Skulls Peter Skulls is offline
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: St. Paul, MN
Peter Skulls is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Is Your Child A Goth? - 11-11-2007, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
Yes well, being a frenchie it would be tougher for you to understand God's Divine Plan. Try reading the REAL Bible, The Holy KJV1611 Bible, the only one dictated directly by God, and you may stand a chance of grasping His love.

Surely you aren't so twisted as to imagine that a filthy sand nigra cult is somehow equivilent to Jesus?
I want to know something. You're a Christian (duh). You want to get others to follow. Do you really think that attacking them is the way to go about it? Wouldn't that scare them away from you, and then potentially away from the idea of religion in general?

And why do you feel it's necessary to refer to Middle Eastern people are Sand-Nigras? Does that not seem racist to you at all?
Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
SalvationSeeker's Avatar
SalvationSeeker SalvationSeeker is offline
True Christian™ Theologian
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3,979
Join Date: Sep 2006
SalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Is Your Child A Goth? - 11-11-2007, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Skulls View Post
I want to know something. You're a Christian (duh). You want to get others to follow. Do you really think that attacking them is the way to go about it? Wouldn't that scare them away from you, and then potentially away from the idea of religion in general?
What do you suggest we do? Lie to them? Compenstate on God's will?!
We'd only be damning them.. Besides, we're Christians. WE DON'T LIE!
But we speak the truth in all and any situation.

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Galatians 4:16

If you can't handle the truth, that's just too bad and I'll pity you and pray for you.
But God never compensates! You either live in righteousness or you perish in your sins.
What will it be?


If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: But if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
A foolish woman is clamorous: She is simple, and knoweth nothing.
Proverbs 9:12-13
Reply With Quote
(#13)
Old
Peter Skulls's Avatar
Peter Skulls Peter Skulls is offline
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: St. Paul, MN
Peter Skulls is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Is Your Child A Goth? - 11-11-2007, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvationSeeker View Post
What do you suggest we do? Lie to them? Compenstate on God's will?!
We'd only be damning them.. Besides, we're Christians. WE DON'T LIE!
But we speak the truth in all and any situation.

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Galatians 4:16

If you can't handle the truth, that's just too bad and I'll pity you and pray for you.
But God never compensates! You either live in righteousness or you perish in your sins.
What will it be?
I suggest you tell them the truth. God loves them and wants them to be with Him. He wants them to be good people, meaning they follow what we all know to be right. Don't kill, don't steal, don't cheat, don't worship whatever Gods seem "cool" at the time, and don't lie. You don't have to scare the shit out of them with promises of eternal pain, damnation, and other stuff. That's just the wrong way to go about things. In ANY situation.
Reply With Quote
(#14)
Old
SalvationSeeker's Avatar
SalvationSeeker SalvationSeeker is offline
True Christian™ Theologian
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3,979
Join Date: Sep 2006
SalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Is Your Child A Goth? - 11-11-2007, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Skulls View Post
I suggest you tell them the truth. God loves them and wants them to be with Him. He wants them to be good people, meaning they follow what we all know to be right. Don't kill, don't steal, don't cheat, don't worship whatever Gods seem "cool" at the time, and don't lie. You don't have to scare the shit out of them with promises of eternal pain, damnation, and other stuff. That's just the wrong way to go about things. In ANY situation.
No, you're suggesting that we tell them ONLY ONE SIDE OF THE COIN, THE ONE YOU LIKE, THE ONE YOU WANT US TO TEACH!
But we don't care about your opinions, only God's. So that's not happening, demon.

God wants them to love Him, and He wants to be with them:
But if they reject His love, then they are condemned to an eternity in hell!
Both are true, and if you take one out, you take away from the truth, and then you are a liar, a false teacher, and a general cheat.
And not only is that wrong, but you can't be a sinner and a Christian, it's not possible.
Consider this discussion finished.


If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: But if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
A foolish woman is clamorous: She is simple, and knoweth nothing.
Proverbs 9:12-13
Reply With Quote
(#15)
Old
Pastor Billy-Reuben's Avatar
Pastor Billy-Reuben Pastor Billy-Reuben is offline
Senior Pastor
VP of Evangelical Outreach
On FIRE for Jesus
 

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Saved 5 Years 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Saved 10 Years 4th Year Bible College 2008 Witch Hunt Award Long service medal, 1st class Christian Love True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Tithing Manager True Christian Provider™ award Ribfest '02 Real American™ Senior Pastor Heaven Bound TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound Jailed for JESUS Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork True Republican Guns, Guts and GLORY!

 
Posts: 6,016
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Libertydale, NC
Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Is Your Child A Goth? - 11-11-2007, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Skulls View Post
You don't have to scare the shit out of them with promises of eternal pain, damnation, and other stuff. That's just the wrong way to go about things. In ANY situation.
That's what Jesus did. Do you know better than Jesus? Should I throw away my "What Would Jesus Do?" shirt and get a "What Would Peter Skulls Do?" shirt instead?

Pastor Billy-Reuben


Upon request I will cite scripture for all these facts in God's Holy Word.

✝ This is a Christian community and we worship GOD of the Holy bible, the only Living GOD. We worship Jesus Christ, Son of GOD and Savior. Anything else is absurd. ✝
Trump / Arpaio 2016 -- The Government We Deserve
#ChristianLivesMatter

Reply With Quote
(#16)
Old
Ahimaaz Smith's Avatar
Ahimaaz Smith Ahimaaz Smith is offline
True Christian™
True Christian™

True Republican

 
Posts: 2,546
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pastor Deacon Fred Hall, Landover Christian University School of Law, Freehold, Iowa, God's Country
Ahimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureAhimaaz Smith has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Sand-nigras - 11-20-2007, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Skulls View Post
And why do you feel it's necessary to refer to Middle Eastern people are Sand-Nigras? Does that not seem racist to you at all?
First, I don't think that someone with the hostility to the people of God that you have demonstrated should be throwing the first stone on this matter--it's rather like the proverbial pot calling the kettle black. Nevertheless, I'll try to assume that your question wasn't entirely motivated by malice and explain this to you, since you are missing the point entirely.

We're NOT insulting anyone when we use the term sand-nigra. If you read your Bible, you'll see that the A-rabs and the other nigras are all the descendents of Caanan by Ham. They are all one people, none better than any others, and they are all equally subject to Noah's curse. As for the word nigra (and similar derivations), we didn't make up the word at Landover Baptist, that's just the word for those people in the English language--a language with which, in all candor, you might want to become a bit more intimate before posting further musings in this forum. It has been that way for thousands of years, ever since God created the English language at the Tower of Babel.

We're actually exalting the whole nigra race when we point out the Canaanite connection between the sand-nigras and other nigras, since at least the Muslimmedians have progressed to the point where they worship only three false gods (Allah, Moe Hammad, and Ben Laudin) rather than the hundreds of he-devils and she-devils to whom the other nigras sacrifice all of their virgins in lavish voodoo orgies. As you should be able to see from Landover's extensive missionary work, it is our most fervent desire to bring all of those people (especially the virgins) into the presence of the Lord by forcing them to accept Christ Jesus's gift of eternal salvation. After all, somebody's got to clean up after the Heavenly banquets.

At Landover Baptist, we don't judge people by the colors of their skins. God has already done that for us. We don't believe in racism, but we do believe in Jesus, we believe in God's Truth--all of it--as set forth in the eternal Holy Bible (King James 1611 version, thank you), and yes, we believe in calling a spade a spade.
Reply With Quote
(#17)
Old
Viking's Avatar
Viking Viking is offline
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
 
Posts: 68
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: near hell
Viking is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Sand-nigras - 12-06-2007, 03:35 AM

" Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God?"

it is not, its not even close to being.
Reply With Quote
(#18)
Old
Pastor Billy-Reuben's Avatar
Pastor Billy-Reuben Pastor Billy-Reuben is offline
Senior Pastor
VP of Evangelical Outreach
On FIRE for Jesus
 

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Saved 5 Years 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Saved 10 Years 4th Year Bible College 2008 Witch Hunt Award Long service medal, 1st class Christian Love True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Tithing Manager True Christian Provider™ award Ribfest '02 Real American™ Senior Pastor Heaven Bound TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound Jailed for JESUS Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork True Republican Guns, Guts and GLORY!

 
Posts: 6,016
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Libertydale, NC
Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Sand-nigras - 12-06-2007, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
" Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God?"

it is not, its not even close to being.
Well your unsupported assertion has completely convinced me!

Why don't you take the time to read the thread first, and find something specific to rebut. You might try making points and backing your points with evidence, rather than your standard, "is not, because I said so."

Pastor Billy-Reuben


Upon request I will cite scripture for all these facts in God's Holy Word.

✝ This is a Christian community and we worship GOD of the Holy bible, the only Living GOD. We worship Jesus Christ, Son of GOD and Savior. Anything else is absurd. ✝
Trump / Arpaio 2016 -- The Government We Deserve
#ChristianLivesMatter

Reply With Quote
(#19)
Old
LolChristians's Avatar
LolChristians LolChristians is offline
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Nov 2007
LolChristians is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Is Your Child A Goth? - 11-14-2007, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
Yes well, being a frenchie it would be tougher for you to understand God's Divine Plan. Try reading the REAL Bible, The Holy KJV1611 Bible, the only one dictated directly by God, and you may stand a chance of grasping His love.

Surely you aren't so twisted as to imagine that a filthy sand nigra cult is somehow equivilent to Jesus?
Wow, you are a rascist a**hole.
I thought 'god' didn't like that.
Oh, and Shiva would pwn Jesus, and his daddy.

Last edited by Pastor Ezekiel; 11-14-2007 at 11:59 AM. Reason: profanity edited
Reply With Quote
(#20)
Old
Sauron's Avatar
Sauron Sauron is offline
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
 
Posts: 19
Join Date: Nov 2007
Sauron is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Is Your Child A Goth? - 11-15-2007, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolChristians View Post
Wow, you are a rascist a**hole.
I thought 'god' didn't like that.
Oh, and Shiva would pwn Jesus, and his daddy.
Can you say "not necessary"?

Anyway, I agree that Jesus did not only offer peace, but rather he also brought a sword. However, you can't implement one and forsake the other. Only with the sword in one hand and the peaceful love of Christ in the other can you truly reach people. Inherent in the word Christian is the command that we are to be "Christ-like"; that we are to spread His love and commandments. As in John 13:34, we are to love one another as He has loved us. We as Christians are obviously fallible, but the impression that the general public gets from us is that we are a bunch of self-righteous fanatics who use scare tactics to convert people, and I think a lot of sects bring it on themselves. As the saying goes, you catch more bees with honey than with vinegar, and that philosophy has worked a lot better for me when dealing with non-Christians. I show them that Christians are weak and fallible just like everyone else and that we are saved by grace through faith. We don't get to Heaven with scare tactics or by doing good works, but rather we first believe with our hearts and then let our faith compel us to do good works in His name, so that Christianity can be spread effectively. Being Christian is never about being the right faith; it's about having a reason to accept God into your life.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
catholics eat flesh, sola scriptura, the bible is the word of god

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Find Additional Forums Here



Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved