Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > False Religions and Cults
Reload this Page Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God?
False Religions and Cults Catholics, Wiccans, Lutherans, Satanists, Mormons, and more!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21)
Old
Mrs. Mary Whitford's Avatar
Mrs. Mary Whitford Mrs. Mary Whitford is offline
Ladies of Landover Senior VP
One of the Truest Christians™ Ever
Mama Grizzly and formerly Sister Mary Maria
True Christian™

Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 3rd class Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Christian Love Real American™ Cleanest Kitchen True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ Platinum Tither Ribfest '07 True Christian Homemaker Ex-Mary Worshipper Best stoning bucket Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS TC Bravery Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Friend of Jesus Most Obedient Mrs. Sarah Palin Lady of the Year 2010 Flat Earth Mission to Australia Mama Grizzly Persecuted Pro-Life The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Batman Shooting Survivor Guns, Guts and GLORY! Kirk Cameron Fan Club The Lord’s Witness Wound Early riser Proud Niglet Sponsorer Home Schooled Jailed for JESUS Paula Deen Negro Support Group Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years

 
Posts: 12,660
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Standing behind my husband
Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 02-11-2007, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaca View Post
No, I'm saying that God can decide that, for the human race to get to the right path, some rules are only temporaly neccecary.
The words are "temporarily" and "necessary", my retarded little friend. Not that it matters, because nowhere in the Bible does God say, "These rules are just for now, but don't worry about following them later." If He did, it would be different. If he gave a timetable, it would be different. But He didn't! The rules are still in effect today and will continue to be in effect until the very end!


Posted via Prayer

1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

Blogging for CHRIST!
Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
All a-Twitter for Salvation!
Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
My Ladies of Landover profile!
Reply With Quote
(#22)
Old
OnYourKnees's Avatar
OnYourKnees OnYourKnees is offline
On Extended Furlough
True Christian™
 
Posts: 4,784
Join Date: Nov 2006
OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 02-13-2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaca View Post
No, I'm saying that God can decide that, for the human race to get to the right path, some rules are only temporarily necessary.

I'll give you the example of the ship again: you are a captain of a ship. You are fully aware of a storm brewing in the direction you want to go, but it's still better to go in the direction of the storm for some time, and then change that direction.
For the captain of a ship who is steering the ship himself, without God, that applies perfectly.

However, let's take your analogy a step further.

In a Christian analogy, God isn't the captain of the ship, because each of us has our own ship which -- through free will -- we steer here and there. None of us are passive passengers.

God is able to inspect each ship as He sees fit, and also see the big picture. He guides each captain along his journey, providing directions.

Now, if God wants to make sure your ship gets from New York to London, and He knows there's a big storm in your way, what will He do?

Will God say, "Go due east, and always go due east, and you'll get there", then let you guess the rest? Nope. He'll say, "Go due east for the next 12 hours, then turn southeast for 6 hours, then northeast . . ." etc. This way, He'd make sure you got to your intended destination and got around the storm. He'd not leave it for you to guess.

If God were writing the Bible, and said, "Well, since I can see all the future, I know that these rules won't apply after 1963," do you not think He'd write in His own rule book, "These rules apply until 1963. After this date, this other set of rules applies"?

Of course He would, unless one of the following applies:
  • God is not omniscient (which makes Him a liar)
  • God intended to trick people into following old rules for kicks (which also makes Him a liar)
  • God hates people and wants most of them to go to Hell, and sets up impossibly confusing rules to ensure it (isn't that Satan's job?)
Are you suggesting one of these conditions is the case? Or do you have another explanation?

Last edited by OnYourKnees; 02-13-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
(#23)
Old
davaca davaca is offline
Unsaved trash
 
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Feb 2007
davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 02-14-2007, 06:27 PM

I'm giving up... You guys didn't convince me, but it's obvious it's also impossible to convince you. It looks like this whole argument was useless.
Reply With Quote
(#24)
Old
Virginia D. Templeton's Avatar
Virginia D. Templeton Virginia D. Templeton is offline
Christ's Battle Axe
 

True Christian™ True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ True Christian Beauty Bronze Tither Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Christian Love Flat Earth Most Obedient Pro-Life Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus Stamp of Approval Mama Grizzly Trumpette Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years

 
Posts: 2,687
Join Date: Dec 2006
Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 02-14-2007, 06:36 PM

How was it useless? You asked us to prove that the Bible is the only true Word of God, and we did exactly that. Your stubborn adherence to Satanic lies and "reason" may put you beyond the hope of Salvation, but I'm sure that others will come along, read this topic, discover the Truth contained within, and become Saved. Don't call the Salvation of others "useless" just because you refuse to accept Christ even when He's staring straight into your eyes (which is what happens when you read the Bible).


Proud member of the LGBT community!


Cursed be he that doeth the work of the Lord deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
– Jer. 48:10
Reply With Quote
(#25)
Old
davaca davaca is offline
Unsaved trash
 
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Feb 2007
davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 02-14-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia D. Templeton View Post
How was it useless? You asked us to prove that the Bible is the only true Word of God, and we did exactly that. Your stubborn adherence to Satanic lies and "reason" may put you beyond the hope of Salvation, but I'm sure that others will come along, read this topic, discover the Truth contained within, and become Saved. Don't call the Salvation of others "useless" just because you refuse to accept Christ even when He's staring straight into your eyes (which is what happens when you read the Bible).
And that's exaclty where it goed wrong:
I don't think the same way about the Bible as you do, and the only reason you people can think of to convince me that the Bible is actually the word of God is that it's in the Bible... If I write on a piece of paper that I can fly and that the paper is right, I would still die if I jump of a cliff.

but sure, it wasn't useless, maybe somebody will believe it. who knows?
Reply With Quote
(#26)
Old
Brother Temperance's Avatar
Brother Temperance Brother Temperance is offline
Senior Usher
True Christian™ missionary to the Unsaved Kingdom
A very nice young man
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Real American™ Long service medal, 2nd class Christian Love Saved 5 Years The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking True Heterosexual™ Ex-Christ-Killer Public Awareness Medal Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture Super Soaker Baptism Award True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus TC Bravery Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork Ex-Brit True Republican Saved 10 Years

 
Posts: 15,644
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Yorkshire, hotbed of sin
Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 02-14-2007, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaca View Post
And that's exaclty where it goed wrong:
I don't think the same way about the Bible as you do, and the only reason you people can think of to convince me that the Bible is actually the word of God is that it's in the Bible... If I write on a piece of paper that I can fly and that the paper is right, I would still die if I jump of a cliff.
That's because you're not God. God is.


O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.


God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Reply With Quote
(#27)
Old
davaca davaca is offline
Unsaved trash
 
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Feb 2007
davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 02-14-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Temperance View Post
That's because you're not God. God is.
and God didn't write the Bible, humans did.
Reply With Quote
(#28)
Old
Rev. Dr. Davidson's Avatar
Rev. Dr. Davidson Rev. Dr. Davidson is offline
Forum Member
Forum Member

One Year/1000 posts

 
Posts: 1,437
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Twenty minutes from hell- I mean Washington DC
Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 02-14-2007, 09:40 PM

God dictated what was to be written through those humans you scorn. Please stop posting your hateful comments. Either find something useful to contribute to the conversations, or we'll tell your mommy.


"If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. . . . And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the manservant's do."
(Leviticus 21:6-7)
Reply With Quote
(#29)
Old
davaca davaca is offline
Unsaved trash
 
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Feb 2007
davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 02-14-2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Dr. Davidson View Post
God dictated what was to be written through those humans you scorn. Please stop posting your hateful comments. Either find something useful to contribute to the conversations, or we'll tell your mommy.
and how did he do that?
and I think my mommy doesn't really care.
Reply With Quote
(#30)
Old
Rev. Dr. Davidson's Avatar
Rev. Dr. Davidson Rev. Dr. Davidson is offline
Forum Member
Forum Member

One Year/1000 posts

 
Posts: 1,437
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Twenty minutes from hell- I mean Washington DC
Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 02-14-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaca View Post
and how did he do that?
and I think my mommy doesn't really care.
Your choice... Once you're in quaranteened, don't say I didn't warn you.


"If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. . . . And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the manservant's do."
(Leviticus 21:6-7)
Reply With Quote
(#31)
Old
OnYourKnees's Avatar
OnYourKnees OnYourKnees is offline
On Extended Furlough
True Christian™
 
Posts: 4,784
Join Date: Nov 2006
OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 02-15-2007, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaca View Post
And that's exaclty where it goed wrong:
I don't think the same way about the Bible as you do, and the only reason you people can think of to convince me that the Bible is actually the word of God is that it's in the Bible... If I write on a piece of paper that I can fly and that the paper is right, I would still die if I jump of a cliff.

but sure, it wasn't useless, maybe somebody will believe it. who knows?
Tell me, did you expect to come here and convince us of something? Are you trying to convince us that the Bible isn't the Word of God? So then are you an atheist or a Satanist?

What's your point? To get us to apostate our faith and go to Hell? How much is Satan paying you per soul that you turn from God, anyway?
Reply With Quote
(#32)
Old
davaca davaca is offline
Unsaved trash
 
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Feb 2007
davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 02-15-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post
Tell me, did you expect to come here and convince us of something? Are you trying to convince us that the Bible isn't the Word of God? So then are you an atheist or a Satanist?

What's your point? To get us to apostate our faith and go to Hell? How much is Satan paying you per soul that you turn from God, anyway?
I'm agnostic, but I just don't like people telling stuff which is proven wrong... and I like it even less if they actually believe what they are saying.
Reply With Quote
(#33)
Old
OnYourKnees's Avatar
OnYourKnees OnYourKnees is offline
On Extended Furlough
True Christian™
 
Posts: 4,784
Join Date: Nov 2006
OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 02-15-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaca View Post
I'm agnostic, but I just don't like people telling stuff which is proven wrong... and I like it even less if they actually believe what they are saying.
And so you believe you have proof of what?

Can you prove that God doesn't exist, or that the Bible isn't His Word?
Reply With Quote
(#34)
Old
davaca davaca is offline
Unsaved trash
 
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Feb 2007
davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.davaca has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 02-15-2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post
And so you believe you have proof of what?

Can you prove that God doesn't exist, or that the Bible isn't His Word?
my dear, it's a proven fact that the Bible was written by humans. But I said that before and you didn't believe me then, so why would you now...
Reply With Quote
(#35)
Old
OnYourKnees's Avatar
OnYourKnees OnYourKnees is offline
On Extended Furlough
True Christian™
 
Posts: 4,784
Join Date: Nov 2006
OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 02-15-2007, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaca View Post
my dear, it's a proven fact that the Bible was written by humans. But I said that before and you didn't believe me then, so why would you now...
It's a proven fact that God directed humans in the writing of the Bible, yes. We never claimed that he put pen to paper Himself.

What of it? Have you 'proven' that God didn't direct humans?

Also, saying "it's a proven fact" doesn't make something a proven fact. You must offer your evidence.

"It's a proven fact that Negroes steal pies." Now, go disprove that statement.
Reply With Quote
(#36)
Old
mister A.H.'s Avatar
mister A.H. (On Moderation) mister A.H. is offline
Foul Sinner on Moderation
 
Posts: 78
Join Date: Feb 2007
mister A.H. is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 02-15-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickinyourhead View Post
It's a proven fact that God directed humans in the writing of the Bible, yes. We never claimed that he put pen to paper Himself.

What of it? Have you 'proven' that God didn't direct humans?

Also, saying "it's a proven fact" doesn't make something a proven fact. You must offer your evidence.

"It's a proven fact that Negroes steal pies." Now, go disprove that statement.
It's not because davaca hasn't shown proof for what he says that it isn't true. I guess he isn't a scientist and he doesn't have proof for everything on his desk. But in fact everything he saysis true and yes it is proven.
Reply With Quote
(#37)
Old
Brother Temperance's Avatar
Brother Temperance Brother Temperance is offline
Senior Usher
True Christian™ missionary to the Unsaved Kingdom
A very nice young man
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Real American™ Long service medal, 2nd class Christian Love Saved 5 Years The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking True Heterosexual™ Ex-Christ-Killer Public Awareness Medal Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture Super Soaker Baptism Award True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus TC Bravery Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork Ex-Brit True Republican Saved 10 Years

 
Posts: 15,644
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Yorkshire, hotbed of sin
Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 02-15-2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaca View Post
I'm agnostic, but I just don't like people telling stuff which is proven wrong... and I like it even less if they actually believe what they are saying.
So you like people who intentionally tell lies and set out to deceive more than people who make honest mistakes? You really are of your father, aren't you?


O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.


God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Reply With Quote
(#38)
Old
maverickxeo's Avatar
maverickxeo maverickxeo is offline
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
 
Posts: 261
Join Date: Jan 2007
maverickxeo is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.maverickxeo is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.maverickxeo is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.maverickxeo is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.maverickxeo is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.maverickxeo is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.maverickxeo is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.maverickxeo is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.maverickxeo is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 02-16-2007, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post
It's a proven fact that God directed humans in the writing of the Bible, yes. We never claimed that he put pen to paper Himself.

What of it? Have you 'proven' that God didn't direct humans?

Also, saying "it's a proven fact" doesn't make something a proven fact. You must offer your evidence.

"It's a proven fact that Negroes steal pies." Now, go disprove that statement.
How about you prove that God did direct humans?
Reply With Quote
(#39)
Old
Bobby-Joe's Avatar
Bobby-Joe Bobby-Joe is offline
Landover Security Superviser
Asset Loss Prevention and Personal Security Expert
NOT angry and positively NOT Gay
 

One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 2nd class Saved 1 Year Saved 5 Years True Heterosexual™ True Christian Provider™ award 2008 Witch Hunt Award Real American™ Ex-Mary Worshipper The Lord’s Witness Wound Tagging for Jesus Heaven Bound TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Punched the most queers Ex-Masturbator True Christian Justice of the Peace Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot Home Schooled Friend of Jesus 2010 Witch Hunt Award Flat Earth Super Soaker Baptism Award Tell her once Silver Tither Gunfest '07 Christian Love Persecuted Porn Resistant Mission to Las Vegas Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award True Republican Sons of Liberty Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior

 
Posts: 18,555
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Freehold Iowa
Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 02-16-2007, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxeo View Post
How about you prove that God did direct humans?
Friend,

Easy peasy; take our beloved President GW Bush. The man frankly is a utter idiot. Yet he is President despite of his clearly limited intelligence and losing the 2000 election. Why? God directed the US Supreme court to declare him president. An act of God is the only reasonable explanation for this. GLORY!

I belive it is game, set and match for Jesus now.



Time to reclaim our FREEDOM from the “Mullah in Chief” and his growing activist voter hoards of socialists, communists, anti-Semites, anti-Christians, atheists, radical gays and lesbians, feminists, illegal immigrants, Muslims, anti-Anglo whites and others.

Hot Must ReadThreads!


Time to come clean on Benghazi Mr Obama!
Reply With Quote
(#40)
Old
maverickxeo's Avatar
maverickxeo maverickxeo is offline
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
 
Posts: 261
Join Date: Jan 2007
maverickxeo is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.maverickxeo is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.maverickxeo is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.maverickxeo is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.maverickxeo is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.maverickxeo is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.maverickxeo is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.maverickxeo is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.maverickxeo is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 02-16-2007, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe View Post
Friend,

Easy peasy; take our beloved President GW Bush. The man frankly is a utter idiot. Yet he is President despite of his clearly limited intelligence and losing the 2000 election. Why? God directed the US Supreme court to declare him president. An act of God is the only reasonable explanation for this. GLORY!

I belive it is game, set and match for Jesus now.
...He won the election, and there ARE people that voted for him as the 'lesser of two evils.'
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
catholics eat flesh, sola scriptura, the bible is the word of god

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Find Additional Forums Here



Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved