Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > MEET CHRISTIAN SINGLES!
Reload this Page Making contact with Christian Girls
MEET CHRISTIAN SINGLES! Who knows? The love of your life might be here! All the single men are GODLY and all the single ladies are virgins...........for the most part.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#20)
Old
Unsaved trash

Rae-Est is fearful, unbelieving, a liar, a whoremonger, and abominable. Has a place in the Lake of Fire secured.
Default Re: Making contact with Christian Girls - 03-15-2007, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
I know of no reason why you shouldn't hate your wife. Jesus tells us to "subjugate" them (1 Peter 3:1), and God has cursed them (Genesis 3:16)for eating that apple and listening to satan (a talking snake at that time). Also it is a well-known fact that women hold men back in many things.

We are commanded to love Jesus above everyone else, so I guess go ahead and hate your wife.
Pastor Ezekiel, does not the Bible tell husbands to love their wives?

Ephesians 5:25 "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it..."

Also, I think you're confusing subjugation with subjection.

"Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands,..." I Peter 3:1

Subjection means "the act of subjecting," and subject (verb) means "to submit to the authority of;" whereas subjugation means "to make submissive or subservient, enslave." While subtle, there is a difference there. One is through the voluntary action of the woman while the other is through the man's bending of the woman's will.