Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Landover Today! > Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women
Reload this Page I Have News, Praise God!
Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women For the women of Landover to discuss recipes, shoes, makeup tips, or whatever it is you natter about. Ensure you have the proper permission from your husband or father before posting.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#1)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Quiverful

Esther B. has bribed people to get these reputation points.Esther B. has bribed people to get these reputation points.Esther B. has bribed people to get these reputation points.Esther B. has bribed people to get these reputation points.Esther B. has bribed people to get these reputation points.Esther B. has bribed people to get these reputation points.Esther B. has bribed people to get these reputation points.Esther B. has bribed people to get these reputation points.Esther B. has bribed people to get these reputation points.Esther B. has bribed people to get these reputation points.Esther B. has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default I Have News, Praise God! - 04-02-2015, 12:01 PM

Guess what, Ladies?

God has answered my father's and my prayers for a suitor for me. I would have told you about him last Tuesday night after I met him, but I didn't want to take attention away from Sister Naomi's exciting thread.

Unlike my last two suitors, who either left me for a better woman or had some, ahem, sinful tendencies, this one seems to be better for me, according to my father.

The man's is a blond haired, blue-eyed 23 year old named Samuel. He has been in a courtship in the past, but it ended when he discovered that the woman was a "dirty harlot" (his words, not mine). He enjoys pie, especially apple and anything with chocolate in it.

I found out about his visit a few days before it actually happened. It was originally supposed to be a surprise visit, but my father told me about it when I told him that Sister Elizabeth knew a pastor who is looking for a wife (thank you, Sister). When Samuel and his family (parents, older brother, and younger sister) visited on Tuesday evening, I made them a "lovely meal" (again, his words, not mine) of steak with a side of gravy and bacon bread. He ate two helpings of both despite the fact that the steak was a little too dry for him.

After dinner, I served him an apple pie and a chocolate pecan pie. He said that the chocolate pecan pie was "perfect" but that the apple pie needed more apples.

Once dessert was finished, Samuel, his father and brother, and my father left the womenfolk to discuss a possible courtship between Samuel and I. When they came back, they told me that things looked promising, but they all wanted to pray about it for a day or two.

After spending most of the time between last Tuesday and yesterday praying, Samuel called last night and says that after a week's worth of praying, he feels like God wants this courtship to happen and possible end in marriage. I'm so happy!

I'll let you know when ends up happening and I can guarantee that I'll be posting as soon as the engagement happens.

Ooops, I seem to have gotten my days mixed up. I meant last Tuesday, not a few days ago. Samuel really wanted to be sure that courting me was God's Will and not a combination of his desire for a wife and his parent's desire for grandchildren. And there was also something about his older brother and a girl.

And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
Deuteronomy 6.5

Last edited by Esther B.; 04-02-2015 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Got my days mixed up