Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > Landover Baptist Lounge
Reload this Page Ask a sensible atheist :)
Landover Baptist Lounge Relax, Kick your shoes off. Praise Jesus!!! (Blacks and Homosexuals strictly prohibited!)

(#21)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

Friend of Jesus Protected by JESUS Heaven Bound True Christian™ Tell her once Sons of Liberty Christian Love True Republican Ready for the Rapture Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior

Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Ask a sensible atheist :) - 09-27-2010, 11:05 PM

I have a question for you atheist, but in doing so I assume some things about you and your character please stop me if you consider any of these untrue:

You are a morally upright person.

You base these moral precepts upon something external to yourself (e.g. societal influences, the law, a duty that you see to your fellow man, or philosophical schools of thought)

You assume all things have a cause or at very least events come after a cause.

If any of the above are false please stop reading now and address them. My question is how can you have a viable means of morality without the notion of God?

For instance if you based your morals on societal influences then you are in no position to make a claim that anything is unjust or just because those people would be following what they would consider moral on the basis of their society.

If you based your morals on the law, a similar problem arises to societal influences, as how can one just one's actions as just or unjust when something is as malleable as the law. Further if the legislature or courts created law that one must kill one innocent or face jail time, then there would be no basis to judge if that was moral or not.

If you base it on a duty to your fellow man, this has its problems as well. Duty is an arbitrary concept created by man in order to enforce what it perceives as the things one ought to do. So in moral terms, I ought to do something because I ought to do it, has no groundwork either because it is circular logic.

Depending on what philosophical school you ascribe to I can address that then.

I look forward to reading your answer.

Genesis 4:12: When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.

Numbers 35:19: The revenger of blood himself shall slay the murderer: when he meeteth him, he shall slay him.
(#22)
Old
Fourm Member
Forum Member

True Christian™ Heaven Bound True Christian Caucasian True Christian Homemaker True Christian Lady Christian Love 1st Year Bible College Real American™ The Lord’s Witness Wound Heaven Bound Cleanest Kitchen Best stoning bucket Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Bronze Tither Best Pie One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Mama Grizzly Persecuted The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Pro-Life Punched the most queers True Republican

BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Ask a sensible atheist :) - 09-27-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
Why would she be better off believing a lie?

I've heard hundreds of "feelgood" pastors at funerals saying, "Oh, she's in a better place now. She's with the angels." The Bible indicates otherwise; in fact, the Bible makes clear that dead people are dead until the Resurrection to Judgment.
Thank you Brother, this was my real break from the Protestant church. Having her pastor (he had been for over 30 years) telling me she was in heaven now. I finally flipped out and screamed "SHE WAS DABBLING IN WITCHCRAFT AND SLEEPING WITH MULTIPLE MEN! HOW IS SHE GETTING INTO HEAVEN!" He kind of shuffled his feet and muttered something about how even though she was lost around the time of her death that she had a good heart and that's what was important to God.

Quote:
So I guess that's one thing True Christians™ and atheists have in common. We both know that no, she's not in a better place. She's right there, dead and unknowing. Difference is, we know that she will be resurrected bodily at the end of the world, either to glory, or to eternal torture in the flames.
I didn't even think of this. Why would an atheist want me to believe my mother is "in a better place"? If the atheists are right then my mother is nothing but worm food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A common man View Post
I have read parts of various bibles, and of course they are all very different sometimes. The passage "ashes to ashes, dust to dust" (if that is remotely correct to a common bible, this I have only heard quoted in movies) is written in a normal swedish bible "by earth are you come, earth shall you once more become" (literal translation, word by word). Of course you could say that it is lost in translation. But the bible was not written in English either.
Okay, first of all, to use the quote function, it's basic bbs code [ quote ]text [ /quote ] I'm having trouble following you in your notes and have to delete a bunch of stuff so it doesn't get all lost.

So you're Swedish, well that might be part of the issue right there.

Quote:
A proper scientific study is normally worth more than the words of a 14-year-old who have "heard that is so" because "someone told him". It did not take much study to find the first evidence of it being a myth, and it piled up quickly. Of course, the very obvious myths are quicker to debunk. And here does the hair discussion end.
Except that you're putting faith in the book. Do you know who wrote that book? Okay, I'll admit that hair cutting isn't very important, but I have read a lot of science books (and I do mean a lot) and the thing that I found was the more I read, the more I realized that scientists don't really know. They like to use vague language like "we believe", "evidence supports", and "current theories state". Doesn't sound like the evidence is very solid to me. So when they start saying the Bible is wrong, and that God doesn't exist then I start to ask how they know.

Quote:
I'm not. I was thrilled to have Santa Claus and the tooth fairy as part of my childhood. It was fun.
I'm actually surprised. So many come on here because they're angry at their parents about these lies and think that it has something to do with Jesus as well.

Quote:
They are based on common sense, and upbringing, and the environment in which I live, and on my genetics.
Your genetics are your guide? So do you get urges to build a long boat and go raiding

Quote:
Not living by an old book like the bible or the Quran enables me to use my common sense best, and is most likely to make me a decent person. Sweden is one of the very most "un-religious" countries in the world with, according to studies, between 50 and 85 % of the population declaring themselves as non-religious, and we are still doing very well not murdering each other much.
No from what I understand, you're too busy offing yourselves to kill anyone else. So it would seem that being "un-religious" leads to depression and suicide. How is that good for you?

And as I said, as far as good and evil, what's good for the fox is evil for the goose. There is just no getting around that fact.

Quote:
When looking at nations in the world, the degree of religion slowly disappearing seem to go along with increased prosperity and quality of life.
Yes, I heard of that study. I also noticed that the study stated that the US was the one nation that bucked the trend.

Quote:
If you take your moral values from the bible only and not use common sense at all, you could make up anything you wanted. You could sell your daughter or kill your slave for example. In the same way you can create a set of very sound morals. It is all about picking and choosing the parts you like. I personally prefer to determine right and wrong using common sense and rational discussion.
Except we don't pick and choose. I realize that you are surrounded by a bunch of Lutheran false christians, and that is probably your view of christianity, however True Christians™ follow the whole Bible and we spend a lot of time on here discussing what is scripturally right and wrong.

Quote:
Possibly. Kinda strange argument to bring up in these times when the horrible child abuse within the catholic church has been brought to light. Acts like these are horrible, and they are so to any sensible human, and you are probably more likely to commit such acts if you are religious, because when your common sense says "no" you have a holy book which can somehow rectify your acts if you want it to. It is up to you.
Well I guess it's a good thing that Catholics aren't Christian. Really, they're nothing more than Roman paganism with a big Jesus stamp. Instead of turning to the Bible for their answers, they turn to a suspected child molester in a funny fish hat.

Quote:
I assumed you did not expect an answer, since it is a pointless question. No more meaningful than if I would ask you if you are currently riding Wotan's eight-legged horse while typing.
Why would I be riding Sleipnir? How would I ride something that doesn't exist.

The only Heavenly horses I believe in are the ones that Jesus' army will be riding in the battle of Armageddon.

Revelation 19
11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Drama queen
(#23)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

A common man is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.A common man is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.A common man is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.A common man is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Ask a sensible atheist :) - 09-27-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgins View Post

I will be happy to answer you, but to be honest I have trouble understanding this part, English is, after all, not my first language though it is one of the areas I enjoy studying in my spare time.

I understand "cause and effect" for example, but if you rephrase that sentence, or explain it further, I will probably be able to answer you better.
(#24)
Old
GALS 4 GOD Guidance Counseler
Expert at baking, sewing, and rebuking unsaved scum
True Christian™

True Christian™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Mission to Australia Real American™ Best stoning bucket Cleanest Kitchen True Christian Lady True Christian Homemaker 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College Best Pie Platinum Tither The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Lord’s Witness Wound Christian Love One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient

Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Ask a sensible atheist :) - 09-28-2010, 12:00 AM

Quote:
I talked with a woman from New Zealand that was going to be a mssionary, of course we had discussions about her faith. I asked her: since it, according to your beliefs, is so extremely difficult to get to heaven, does it not bother you that only you and a handful others are doing the right thing? If it is like you say, then this Hell is obviously going to be a very crowded place, right? She nodded uncomfortably.
Well she obviously must not be a True Christian, filled with the conviction of the love of Jesus. I fail to see why she nodded uncomfortably considering she was off to do Missionary work with the purpose to spread the Love of Jesus to the far flung masses, whereby removing the threat of at least SOME going to Hell. She can only do so much by spreading The Word, the rest is up to the person to WANT Salvation to begin with and for Jesus to offer the gift.

Quote:
Out of the world's christian belief sets, which count in the thousands at least, derived from many different versions of the bible, you have been subjected to one, and chose to keep it. On a personal, emotional level, don't you think it is unfair to every single other person on the planet that only your precious few happen to be subjected to your "correct" belief?
I think your statement is presumptuous in stating that we have only read ONE version of the Bible. The fact is the vast majority of us have read MANY MANY different Bible PER-VERSIONS to realize that the KJV1611 is the ONLY TRUE Word of God.

You are also quick to make judgements on The Bible, considering you have admitted you have never even read ONE per-version or KJV1611 TRUTH in its entirety.

Just as I would not see a movie, based on a "reviewer" who has yet to see the film in question him or herself, I also cannot accept your "review" on Christianity as ignorance certainly makes you no expert, Sir, nor someone even prone to viable or trustworthy opinion.

Quote:
And as for where my morals come from, I explained that. and you only need to look at the world to see that people in general have some basic morals, regardless of faith. African tribes and kurdish muslims often mutilate the genitals of their children, so does jews, in the name of religion. Swedish citizens have quite little christian influence in their daily lives, so does the buddhists of Nepal. Still we seem to do very well in the moral department.
All you have to see is that the laws of the land are more often than not, based on BIBLICAL commandments. They are the measures of what is right or wrong, unless of course you are claiming that Sweden don't have such laws as MURDER IS WRONG and doing so you will be punished; THEFT IS WRONG and doing so, you will be punished.

Quote:
Finally I must mention that it is quite patronizing to the human mind to insinuate that if we had no religious influence we would cease to have moral values.
It's hardly patronizing. You are basing your rhetoric on an hypothetical scenario conjured in your mind. Belief in God has ALWAYS been; as Genesis 1:1 says "In the Beginning........."

YIC

Mrs Phebe Dewitt.

There's Jesus here,
Just see what He offers me....
Down here my sins forgiven,
Up there a home in heaven
Praise God, That's the way for me!!
(#25)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

Friend of Jesus Protected by JESUS Heaven Bound True Christian™ Tell her once Sons of Liberty Christian Love True Republican Ready for the Rapture Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior

Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.Higgins has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Ask a sensible atheist :) - 09-28-2010, 01:16 AM

Quote:
I will be happy to answer you, but to be honest I have trouble understanding this part, English is, after all, not my first language though it is one of the areas I enjoy studying in my spare time.

I understand "cause and effect" for example, but if you rephrase that sentence, or explain it further, I will probably be able to answer you better.

All I am saying is that there is cause and effect in the universe (e.g. I flip on a light switch a light comes on)

Genesis 4:12: When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.

Numbers 35:19: The revenger of blood himself shall slay the murderer: when he meeteth him, he shall slay him.
(#26)
Old
Proud to be Blonde, Beautiful, and Baptist
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Heterosexual™ Real American™ One Year/1000 posts A for Effort True Christian™ Mission to Australia Heaven Bound Ex-Gay Home Schooled True Christian Lady Friend of Jesus Ready for the Rapture Flat Earth

Lisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Ask a sensible atheist :) - 09-28-2010, 01:23 AM

If atheists deny God exists, then they must acknowledge God exists to be able to deny Him. So then you are really just an unbeliever and must accept you will be going to Hell.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
Proverbs 19:25 Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.
Ezekiel 16:14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
Proverbs 6:25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
Genesis 24:16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.
Song of Solomon 1:15 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.
(#27)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

A common man is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.A common man is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.A common man is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.A common man is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Ask a sensible atheist :) - 09-28-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
If atheists deny God exists, then they must acknowledge God exists to be able to deny Him. So then you are really just an unbeliever and must accept you will be going to Hell.

I suppose you don't believe in Allah. Do you need to acknowledge his existence in order to deny him?

By this twisted logic you would be unable to not believe in anything because you must first believe it to be able to not believe it..........
(#28)
Old
True Christian™

True Christian™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Mission to Australia Real American™ Best stoning bucket Cleanest Kitchen True Christian Lady True Christian Homemaker 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College Best Pie Platinum Tither The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Lord’s Witness Wound Christian Love One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient

Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Ask a sensible atheist :) - 09-28-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
I suppose you don't believe in Allah. Do you need to acknowledge his existence in order to deny him?

By this twisted logic you would be unable to not believe in anything because you must first believe it to be able to not believe it..........
I think you have things skewed. I know for a fact that Sister Lisa does not deny the existence of Allah, because Allah is just the misguided name for God mooslimes use as mooslimes don't recognise that Jesus is Christ - The Messiah, but rather they believe that Muhammad is the last prophet. ( Just as Mormons believe Joseph Smith is the last prophet). ALL of them believe in God. It is by Christianity and Salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, that you go to heaven.

You quite obviously know NOTHING about ANY religion. Whether the ONLY TRUTH ,being Christianity, or the false ones like mormonism and islam.

YIC

Mrs Phebe Dewitt.

There's Jesus here,
(#29)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Ask a sensible atheist :) - 09-28-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgins View Post
I have a question for you atheist, but in doing so I assume some things about you and your character please stop me if you consider any of these untrue:

You are a morally upright person.

You base these moral precepts upon something external to yourself (e.g. societal influences, the law, a duty that you see to your fellow man, or philosophical schools of thought)

If any of the above are false please stop reading now and address them. My question is how can you have a viable means of morality without the notion of God?

For instance if you based your morals on societal influences then you are in no position to make a claim that anything is unjust or just because those people would be following what they would consider moral on the basis of their society.

If you based your morals on the law, a similar problem arises to societal influences, as how can one just one's actions as just or unjust when something is as malleable as the law. Further if the legislature or courts created law that one must kill one innocent or face jail time, then there would be no basis to judge if that was moral or not.

If you base it on a duty to your fellow man, this has its problems as well. Duty is an arbitrary concept created by man in order to enforce what it perceives as the things one ought to do. So in moral terms, I ought to do something because I ought to do it, has no groundwork either because it is circular logic.

Depending on what philosophical school you ascribe to I can address that then.

I look forward to reading your answer.
All the things you mention add to the sense of morality of course, just like with all people, christians also. 400 years ago christians would presume witches were everywhere and would burn them alive if even a small child had said "she is a witch"

Slavery disappeared from the western world not too long ago and is heavily supported in the bible, yet people today cannot imagine having slaves in chains working the fields. Changes in laws does contribute to the overall change in zeitgeist, though not overnight but over the course of a few decades.

Looking at the united states, they chose to no longer keep slaves, that is one example of how the normal evolution of people's values improve, and the bible was not rewritten. This was common sense at play.

The duty to my fellow man, that you call it, is probably in part a genetically programmed urge, but mostly a product of environment and upbringing. As for the argument that they would be christian values, only with the removed mentioning of any God, that does not hold up considering the fact that all people in the world apparently function in society. The Chinese (most of them) have no Christian history, yet they function perfectly well, even though their government do a fair amount of killing and crimes against humanity.

The law is a less important part, although it over time adds to the overall moral values of a society.

For example, corporal punishment in the home and in schools was outlawed where I live in 1979, making it the first country to declare that it is wrong to strike a child, even your own. Back then people thought the law was completely pointless, since police would not be able to peek into every single home. Today, people in general cannot imagine striking a child and most European countries, along with most US states have also banned the practice. Although the bible tells you how to use violence against your child you would not do it, would you?

So the point is that a people's set of morals come from a variety of things, and a society without christian influence has historically been perfectly able to retain decent moral values, and in the societies that happen to historically have a christian influence the environment has become more humane in modern times and it goes along with the decline of religion.

Environment and upbringing plays the largest part, and if I had happened to have been born in a Christian home in a Christian region then I would probably have christian beliefs. As If I would probably have been a muslim if born in Pakistan.
(#30)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Ask a sensible atheist :) - 09-28-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Phebe Dewitt View Post
I think you have things skewed. I know for a fact that Sister Lisa does not deny the existence of Allah, because Allah is just the misguided name for God mooslimes use as mooslimes don't recognise that Jesus is Christ - The Messiah, but rather they believe that Muhammad is the last prophet. ( Just as Mormons believe Joseph Smith is the last prophet). ALL of them believe in God. It is by Christianity and Salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, that you go to heaven.

You quite obviously know NOTHING about ANY religion. Whether the ONLY TRUTH ,being Christianity, or the false ones like mormonism and islam.

YIC

Mrs Phebe Dewitt.

When you say I know nothing about any religion you are very wrong.

The belief that "all worship the same god" is a popular one, and then it should not really matter if you are christian or muslim.

I admit to making a wrong assumption regarding Lisa's personal beliefs. Still, her reasoning made no sense whatsoever. If I tell you I have a schampoo bottle in my back yard that sits on bedrock and is 100 miles high, do you need to acknowledge it's existence before saying you do not believe it?
(#31)
Old
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Heterosexual™ Real American™ One Year/1000 posts A for Effort True Christian™ Mission to Australia Heaven Bound Ex-Gay Home Schooled True Christian Lady Friend of Jesus Ready for the Rapture Flat Earth

Lisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Ask a sensible atheist :) - 09-28-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:

The belief that "all worship the same god" is a popular one, and then it should not really matter if you are christian or muslim.

I admit to making a wrong assumption regarding Lisa's personal beliefs. Still, her reasoning made no sense whatsoever. If I tell you I have a schampoo bottle in my back yard that sits on bedrock and is 100 miles high, do you need to acknowledge it's existence before saying you do not believe it?
Of course my logic makes sense. How could it otherwise.

As for your example of a gigantic schampoo bottle that would just be total nonsense as you have no proof that it exists. To say such a schampoo bottle exists would be a lie.

Proverbs 19:25 Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.
Ezekiel 16:14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
Proverbs 6:25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
Genesis 24:16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.
Song of Solomon 1:15 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.
(#32)
Old
True Christian™

Default Re: Ask a sensible atheist :) - 09-28-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:

Actually, by the above comments you've made, you have pretty much proven you are clueless as to religion.

JESUS is God. He is the I AM. Jesus is THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON. Jesus is Christ; hence Christianity. Islam does not recognize Jesus as being God in human form. They choose to ignore the prophesy as to Jesus in the Old Testament Books of Isaiah and Daniel (to name a few), but only abide by a few OT books, and muslims cast the New Testament aside as nothing special.

THAT is where the issue is; just as Christians also have issue with jews for not admitting that Jesus IS Christ. Due to this, jews, muslims and also mormons (just to name a few) will burn in hell.

Quote:
Her logic does make sense, unlike your fallicious example. So much for you being a sensible atheist.

I also note that you completely ignored Sister Believer's and my replies to your points earlier. I am not surprised. Atheists usually run when comments are put forth to actually make them think about God.

I can pretty much guarantee, the only thing keeping you from wanting to know Jesus is your own fear. Fear of what you may have to give up in your very short time on earth.

YIC

Mrs Phebe Dewitt.

There's Jesus here,
(#33)
Old
Fourm Member
Forum Member

True Christian™ Heaven Bound True Christian Caucasian True Christian Homemaker True Christian Lady Christian Love 1st Year Bible College Real American™ The Lord’s Witness Wound Heaven Bound Cleanest Kitchen Best stoning bucket Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Bronze Tither Best Pie One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Mama Grizzly Persecuted The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Pro-Life Punched the most queers True Republican

BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Ask a sensible atheist :) - 09-28-2010, 08:08 PM

If you have become so enlightened, why don't you consider turning your life over to Jesus and working towards becoming a True Christian™?

Jesus is knocking friend, all you have to do is answer the door.

Drama queen
(#34)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Ask a sensible atheist :) - 09-28-2010, 08:14 PM

How do you know of my enlightenment? As I sit here in tears as I behold the true beauty of His Creation, as it finally appears to me, how can you know?

This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.......................
(#35)
Old
Fourm Member
Forum Member

Default Re: Ask a sensible atheist :) - 09-28-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
How do you know of my enlightenment? As I sit here in tears as I behold the true beauty of His Creation, as it finally appears to me, how can you know?

This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.......................
It is so beautiful when an atheist's eyes are open to the beauty of True Christianity™. Jesus tells us of all things.

I pray that you will pick up a KJV Bible, and contact one of the pastors about getting on the path to True Christianity™

Drama queen
(#36)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Ask a sensible atheist :) - 09-28-2010, 08:38 PM

Humans are not designed to stand up and defy the lord, when on my knees, I see the creation in a humbling light, and it fills my eyes with tears and my body with his divine spirit. Pray for me, brother, as it may very well be too much for me.

Where do I find a pastor?
(#37)
Old
Honorary True Christian™
Forum Member

One Year/1000 posts Gunfest '07 True Christian™ Saved 1 Year 1st Year Bible College True Heterosexual™ Tithing Manager Long service medal, 3rd class Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Mission to Australia Pastor of GOD Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Ex-Masturbator Ex-Masturbator 2010 Witch Hunt Award Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork Public Awareness Medal True Republican Eats the Most Pork Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Christian Love Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Truck Stop Ministry Member Kirk Cameron Fan Club Prayer Warrior

Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Rev. M. Rodimer will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Ask a sensible atheist :) - 09-28-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
All the things you mention add to the sense of morality of course, just like with all people, christians also. 400 years ago christians would presume witches were everywhere and would burn them alive if even a small child had said "she is a witch"
Friend, we are today surrounded by self-proclaimed witches. Unfortunately, we can no longer burn them alive (or stone them, as the Bible commands).

Quote:
Slavery disappeared from the western world not too long ago and is heavily supported in the bible, yet people today cannot imagine having slaves in chains working the fields. Changes in laws does contribute to the overall change in zeitgeist, though not overnight but over the course of a few decades.

Looking at the united states, they chose to no longer keep slaves, that is one example of how the normal evolution of people's values improve, and the bible was not rewritten. This was common sense at play.
The Bible didn't have to be rewritten. There is no commandment to keep slaves. Something being permitted is not the same as it being required.

For example, under current law, it is permitted for homosexuals to engage in revolting and unnatural sodomitious relations. Under the laws Obama and Pelosi want to inflict upon us, such behavior will be required of normal men and women! Bobby-Joe tells me there will be a special section in the Landover 2010 Hell House to show this horror, and has asked me to help him and the cast rehearse on my next visit to Freehold.

Quote:
The duty to my fellow man, that you call it, is probably in part a genetically programmed urge,
You think DNA programs complex behaviors, yet refuse to acknowledge God?

Quote:
As for the argument that they would be christian values, only with the removed mentioning of any God, that does not hold up considering the fact that all people in the world apparently function in society. The Chinese (most of them) have no Christian history, yet they function perfectly well, even though their government do a fair amount of killing and crimes against humanity.
But they do (or did) have religion, even if it was unintentional demon-worship.

Quote:
For example, corporal punishment in the home and in schools was outlawed where I live in 1979, making it the first country to declare that it is wrong to strike a child, even your own. Back then people thought the law was completely pointless, since police would not be able to peek into every single home. Today, people in general cannot imagine striking a child and most European countries, along with most US states have also banned the practice. Although the bible tells you how to use violence against your child you would not do it, would you?
Yes, yes I would. That is a big part of why today's youth run wild, having sex and doing drugs and joining gangs and murdering people. Lack of discipline, and no concept of consequences for their actions.

Bible boring? Nonsense!
Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!
(#38)
Old
Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study

One Year/1000 posts Ribfest '09 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Saved 1 Year Long service medal, 3rd class Christian Love True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Real American™ True Heterosexual™ Tithing Manager 2008 Witch Hunt Award Gunfest '09 Senior Pastor Mission to Australia Heaven Bound Tagging for Jesus The Lord’s Witness Wound Home Schooled Punched the most queers TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Jailed for JESUS Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot 20,000 posts Friend of Jesus 2010 Witch Hunt Award Flat Earth 50,000 posts Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Mission to Japan Pro-Life Mission to Las Vegas True Christian Provider™ award True Scientist™ Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award Outreach preacher Special Mission (North Korea) Golden Bear Award True Republican Batman Shooting Survivor Sons of Liberty Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! WisconSIN Shooting survivor Proud Niglet Sponsorer Truck Stop Ministry Member Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club In Love With Zeke Bear Prayer Warrior 2012 Witch Hunt Award Man of the Year True Christian Hotrodder Paula Deen Negro Support Group Gator Touched by Jesus 75,000 posts Man of the Year Babysitter 2014 Witch Hunt Award Stamp of Approval Mission to Korea Trump of GOD Uber Angels Driver Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch Roper Crossburn Donald Trump 2016! Pancake Dinner Anti-sodomy Hands Off 2015 Witch Hunt Award Pastor Ezekiel Golden Bear Award Mission Long service medal, 2nd class Aardvark Asked questions later Heart of compassion Crown of Righteousness The Crown of Crowns Crown of Glory Crown of Incorruptibility Crown of Rejoicing Crown of Life BFF of Jesus Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Mission to the Philippines Clorox Cured Me QAnon Storm Chaser Anti-Biden British Royalty

Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Ask a sensible atheist :) - 09-29-2010, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Humans are not designed to stand up and defy the lord, when on my knees, I see the creation in a humbling light, and it fills my eyes with tears and my body with his divine spirit. Pray for me, brother, as it may very well be too much for me.

Where do I find a pastor?
Someone called?

Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!
(#39)
Old
Unsaved trash
Hateful God mocking pirate

Hellbound Heathen Cancer on Society Full of it Caution - Poster is Crazy Nutjob Meatball Worshiper How dumb can you get? Pot Head

Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Default Re: Ask a sensible atheist :) - 10-06-2010, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa H View Post
Of course my logic makes sense. How could it otherwise.

As for your example of a gigantic schampoo bottle that would just be total nonsense as you have no proof that it exists. To say such a schampoo bottle exists would be a lie.
But to say the God you believe in exists is also a lie.

You logic is most defiantly floored I deny the existence of a tree on the end of your nose, I have not said there is a tree on the end of your nose, just that I deny its existence so I have told no lie.
But by your logic as shown here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa H View Post
If atheists deny God exists, then they must acknowledge God exists to be able to deny Him.
Must I first acknowledge the existence of a tree on the end of your nose before I can deny it?

Now I will agree that this "common man" is mistaken in his belief that there is no God, for Our Lord Noodle is very real.

Posted via Pasta

True Pastafarian™

May my Sauce be with you!
Read the TRUE Gospel The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (ISBN 978-0-00-723160-7)
Get one and get with The Flying Spaghetti Monster
The Loose Canon - HTML version
Loose Canon Fan Page
North American? Speak English? Thank a Pirate.
I have been to The Volcano!

(#40)
Old
True Christian™

Default Re: Ask a sensible atheist :) - 10-06-2010, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Freddie View Post
But to say the God you believe in exists is also a lie.

You logic is most defiantly floored I deny the existence of a tree on the end of your nose, I have not said there is a tree on the end of your nose, just that I deny its existence so I have told no lie.
But by your logic as shown here:

Must I first acknowledge the existence of a tree on the end of your nose before I can deny it?

Now I will agree that this "common man" is mistaken in his belief that there is no God, for Our Lord Noodle is very real.
My logic is never wrong. I have proven this to you countless times. There are things that are true, and things that are lies. Only you could come up with something as totally illogical as someone having a tree at the end of their nose.