Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > General Church Fellowship > The Poetaster's Korner
Reload this Page Untitled
The Poetaster's Korner Tasteful poetry for JESUS but don't let the flowers fool you. NO HOMERS ALLOWED!

(#21)
Old
Unsaved trash

Quarry is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Untitled - 02-09-2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undecided View Post
Twink, I happen to be a fan of Disturbed, and I have that song on a couple of the CD's I've burned (YES - I download illegal music and burn illegal CD's; I have even accepted money for making illegal CD's for friends! I AM AN INTERNET PIRATE [who is currently pirating Windows Microsoft Vista] AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT). I think I might like them partly because, well, I am disturbed. *Giggles all insane-like*

And Rachael, Lovely Rachael, I think that perhaps you'd be best to write that particular poem. My head hurts faaaaaaaaar too much right now.
It sounds, Miss Undecided, like you should burn all your CDs, all rubbish. And Microsoft are going to get you.
(#22)
Old
Unsaved trash

Quarry is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Untitled - 02-09-2007, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing View Post
Can't concentrate muchly right now.
Maybe later on. But I could do a limerick:

Dubya and Harper
Fell hard for a gorilla
Now they shag in trees

That is not either a limerick or a haiku.

And nor is it poetry. Please try harder.
(#23)
Old
On Extended Furlough
True Christian™

OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Untitled - 02-09-2007, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
That is not either a limerick or a haiku.

And nor is it poetry. Please try harder.
I suppose it's technically a Hokku, according to WickedPedophilia:

Quote:
Haiku (俳句, ?) listen (help·info) is a mode of Japanese poetry, the late 19th century revision by Masaoka Shiki of the older hokku (発句, hokku?), the opening verse of a linked verse form, haikai no renga. The traditional hokku consisted of a pattern of approximately 5, 7, 5 on. The Japanese word on, meaning "sound", corresponds to a mora, a phonetic unit similar but not identical to the syllable of a language such as English. (The words onji, ("sound symbol") or moji (character symbol) are also sometimes used.) A haiku contains a special season word (the kigo) representative of the season in which the renga is set, or a reference to the natural world.
Now, be polite to our heathen, you unsaved trash!! Some of us will be sharing a BBQ with her in a few days!
(#24)
Old
Christian Poet Emeritus
Forum Member

True Heterosexual™ Christian Love The Lord’s Witness Wound Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture

Poetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RapturePoetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RapturePoetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RapturePoetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RapturePoetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RapturePoetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RapturePoetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RapturePoetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RapturePoetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RapturePoetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RapturePoetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Untitled - 02-10-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
It sounds, Miss Undecided, like you should burn all your CDs, all rubbish. And Microsoft are going to get you.
Quarry, you're right after my own heart (pardon cliche)

I do without all this pirate stuff.
For instance, Vista Ultimate edition was gotten for free for volunteering to the former beta program many months ago.

After suffering though Vista "RC1" and all the horrors of computer disfunctionality, the Windows folks sent us disks of the Final Release
version of Windows Vista Ultimate.

Now, that's a $260 value--for free, because I had the integrity to not steal.
Now I have an up-to-date computer, disfunctional in many new and maddening ways.
(#25)
Old
HEATHEN — Suspected Witch
Forum Member

Hellbound Heathen Cancer on Society Uppity Woman/Enabler Witch

Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Rachael Van Helsing is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: Untitled - 02-14-2007, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post
I suppose it's technically a Hokku, according to WickedPedophilia:

Now, be polite to our heathen, you unsaved trash!! Some of us will be sharing a BBQ with her in a few days!
Thankyou, OYK.
At the time I wrote it I'd had very little sleep and was suffering from intense headaches. I'd like to see him/her/it even coherent in such a state.

Wake up and smell the 21st Century!!