Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > Christian history forum
Reload this Page Remembering one of the Vatican's shortest Papacy ever
Christian history forum This forum is dedicated to the history of Christianity, and its impact on the history of the world.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#1)
Old
Jesuit Insurgency Operative
Forum Member

Hellbound Heathen Cathlick Eurotrash Messicant Italian Liar Perv Evil Devil's Trill Sonata Reaper Condemned Sinner Devil

Location: The evil city of Rome in the evil country of Italy, who was once Holy
Romeo Rovagnati is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Romeo Rovagnati is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Romeo Rovagnati is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Romeo Rovagnati is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Romeo Rovagnati is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Romeo Rovagnati is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Romeo Rovagnati is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Romeo Rovagnati is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Romeo Rovagnati is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Remembering one of the Vatican's shortest Papacy ever - 09-28-2019, 10:20 AM

Greetings Landoverians.

I wanted to share with you the anniversary of the death of one of Vatican's greatest Popes (tough in my opinion every Pope is one of the greatest). You may know very well the polish John Paul II, who was undoubtely the best Pope of the century, but have you ever wondered: "Was there a John Paul I?" The answer is: "Yes, there was one, and his name was Albino Luciani."

He was also known as the Pope of the Smile and the Pope of September, because of his shortest papacy (that lasted 33 days). No surprise that it lasted so shortly, since, according to some unofficial sources, his health was not so good. Another particular thing of him is that he was the last Italian Pope (if you don't count the fact that Pope Francis I parents were italian migrants), and as well the third Patriarch of Venice to become a Pope (after Pope St. Pious X and Pope St. John XXIII) What made him a great Pope is that, like Pope St. Pious X, was a very humble person. He wanted a poor church and referred to his sheeps in first person. He also loved so much God, that he choose to refer him as a "Daddy" and "Mommy" as well. Altough there are many conspiracy theories about his death, i doubt that he was killed, since it would mean that Mafia is in the Church. His death was indeed tragic, but we must accept the fact that God wanted him in Heaven earlier. And while is very unlikely that he will become a Saint, i'm sure that he is fine with being just a Servant of God.

Thanks for your attention and have a great day.
La messa è finita, andate in pace.