Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > Christian history forum
Reload this Page CREATOR Awards
Christian history forum This forum is dedicated to the history of Christianity, and its impact on the history of the world.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#1)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian

Rev. Q has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Rev. Q has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Rev. Q has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Rev. Q has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Rev. Q has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Rev. Q has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Talking CREATOR Awards - 04-27-2011, 04:12 AM

I present The Creator Awards, an alternative to the popular Darwin Awards and their glorification of natural selection and gene pools. Herein you will find notable atheists, godless heathens, infidels, blasphemers, heretics, and anyone else who has lived a life devoted to opposing GOD'S WORD.

You will see that GOD truly does smite the worst of sinners in accordance with Romans 1:18-32 -- "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

Soak in those words above, atheists. Make a name for yourself as a hater of GOD, and you may just make this elite list.

Elizabeth Cady Stanton (b. 1815, d. 1902)

Abolitionist, suffragist, feminist. Famously had the phrase "promise to obey" removed from her wedding vows, stating, "I obstinately refused to obey one with whom I supposed I was entering into an equal relation." Also refused to be addressed as Mrs. Henry B. Stanton, stating that the idea "is founded on the principle that white men are lords of all." Proponent of mixed-race marriage.

CHANCE AT SALVATION: After hearing Charles Finney speak, stated, "Fear of judgment seized my soul. Visions of the lost haunted my dreams. Mental anguish prostrated my health. Dethronement of my reason was apprehended by my friends." Alas, her family led her back to "reason and logic" and away from GOD'S WORD, and Stanton never looked back.

GOD'S JUSTICE: Stanton died of heart failure at her home in New York City on October 26, 1902, 18 years before women were granted the right to vote in the United States.

Walt Whitman (b. 1819, d. 1892)

Poet, journalist, alleged homer/bisexual, deist/humanist. Openly discussed sinful topics such as sexuality and prostitution. Cited as inspiring the Beat movement of the 1950s and anti-war writers of the 1960s, as well as Bram Stoker's "Dracula" character.

CHANCE AT SALVATION: Originally opposed abolition of slavery and blacks voting/holding office. Apparently saw the truth in GOD'S WORD, but couldn't pick one religion to settle on, stating, "I adopt each theory, myth, god, and demi-god, / I see that the old accounts, bibles, genealogies, are true, without exception."

GOD'S JUSTICE: In the last week of his life, he was too weak to lift a knife or fork and wrote: "I suffer all the time: I have no relief, no escape: it is monotony — monotony — monotony — in pain." Died March 26, 1892, of pleurisy of the left side, consumption of the right lung, general miliary tuberculosis and parenchymatous nephritis.

I'll add some more later when I have time, but of course feel free to add any other noteworthy recipients!

Member of Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879 (NOT the Heretical Council of 1912!)