Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > False Religions and Cults
Reload this Page Is Landover Baptist Church a CULT?
False Religions and Cults Catholics, Wiccans, Lutherans, Satanists, Mormons, and more!

(#981)
Old
Is a good, decent True Christian™ lady
True Christian™

Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ Cleanest Kitchen Best Pie Best stoning bucket Bronze Tither Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient One Year/1000 posts True Republican Super Soaker Baptism Award Eats the Most Pork Ready for the Rapture Persecuted Christian Love Grammar Nazi Trump of GOD Kirk Cameron Fan Club Prayer Warrior Teabag Patriot Trumpette Saved 5 Years Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Guns, Guts and GLORY! Alternative Facts Asked questions later Babysitter Marshmallow GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire

handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Is Landover Baptist Church a CULT? - 05-12-2019, 07:21 PM

Oh, I am so tired of the claim that LBC is a cult!

In cults, the leaders claim to have some secret knowledge or higher truth that they, alone, can share with the lower ranks.

All our knowledge is available straight from the Bible. Anybody can read it for themselves. All its truths are self-evident.

Read the Bible. Decide what you think about it. Come and go through its pages as you wish. Visit our website or not. How is that cultist?

If LBC is a cult than I guess Christianity is a cult? How many people make that claim? Maybe the Romans did in the first century, I don't know, I wasn't there.

I also wasn't there when the Bible was written, but I can pick it up and learn from it as I choose, that is not a cultist concept.

Obviously, we can't force people to read the Bible--because we are not a cult--but if someone wants to participate in discussions here without looking like an idiot--then it is highly recommended.

Sometimes I think that idiocy is a cult, but it could be simple epidemic. That's a discussion for a different thread, I suppose.

Excuse me while I go page through the book that holds all of my "cult's" "secret knowledge"-- the highest selling book in the world that has printed in pretty much every language ever spoken.

His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy
(#982)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

Christian Love Heaven Bound Most Obedient True Christian Lady True Christian™ Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Kirk Cameron Fan Club Touched by Jesus Quiverful Cleanest Kitchen Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls One Year/1000 posts The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Hatchet Child Rearing Award Ex-Brit Trump of GOD Roper Crossburn Grammar Nazi Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Mission to Messico Hands Off Saved 1 Year 2015 Witch Hunt Award In Love With Zeke Pro-Life Ex-eurotrash Persecuted Stamp of Approval Mower Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire

Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Is Landover Baptist Church a CULT? - 05-12-2019, 08:23 PM

Amen! Sister Handy, as ever you get right to the point.

Another thing that cults do is to encourage - or even force - people to engage with them, then make them go and live in some gated compound for brainwashing purposes. Anyone who has ever tried to gain access to the City of Freehold, let alone obtain a residence permit, can confirm that this is not how we conduct ourselves.

So many of the UnSaved barge in here accusing us of who knows what, preaching their atheistical tosh and claiming all sorts of nonsense. But do we accost them on their privately-owned Godless forums? No, we do not!

Revelation 21:8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
(#983)
Old
Completely CRAZY for the Lord
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Heaven Bound Mission to Australia Christian Love Real American™ Friend of Jesus Flat Earth TC Bravery The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking One Year/1000 posts Best stoning bucket True Christian Lady Pro-Life True Scientist™ True Christian™ True Christian Artist True Christian Beauty Most Obedient Batman Shooting Survivor Kangi Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Early riser Nuts for JESUS! Touched by Jesus Color wheel Trumpette Anti-sodomy Hands Off 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Saved 5 Years Stamp of Approval Tagging for Jesus In Love With Zeke BFF of Jesus God's chosen ones Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Grammar Nazi GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire

MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Is Landover Baptist Church a CULT? - 05-15-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handmaiden View Post
Read the Bible. Decide what you think about it. Come and go through its pages as you wish.
I had to smile as I read that. Because the people claiming Christianity is a cult simply don't apply their "standards" uniformly. We have both read The Bible. We know what it claims about history—including God's commandments, when and how they were delivered, which parts were temporary (such as the heave offerings) until Christ's Perfect Sacrifice was complete, what is prohibited, what is required—and can see how desperate secularists become when God challenges their agenda.

It's based on false beliefs. They want to see a multicultural utopia but are ignorant of what those cultures are. Imagine a tank full of chameleons and crickets. Throw in a few mealworms. Some tiny lizards. Each to live in harmony having respect one for another. How will it work out? By looking at the history of chameleons, it's very easy to predict. Saying that they'll all respect one another is ridiculous because unless the chameleon gives up chameleonism and (in this example) becomes a vegetarian everything is vulnerable to its slimy tongue.

RESPECT FOR CRICKETSRESPECT FOR TINY LIZARDS

I am not suggesting the lunatics have taken over the asylum. It would be very difficult for them to do so. Once the chameleon nature revealed itself the greater cultural ogre would swing into action and although that would be the end of the chameleons it would be the end of a lot of other things too. Unfortunately the social engineers, by concentrating on society rather than culture, don't seem to understand this.

A merest glance at history reveals the results of ignorance. Say you thought co-existence was possible without reading the verbose tomes written by the founders of cultures you wished to integrate. They do have something in common: a world where only their ideology prevails. Some of them say this will eventuate with personal enlightenment………eventually. Others are explicit in offering a choice with the options of death or subjugation bringing up the rear. Yet again there are revolutionaries bent on the guillotine or bullet. They claim their victims were incapable of change. And it's all spelled out in their hallowed writings, done by nutters, drummed into future generations by glum gurus with about as much nous as a frog on ouzo.

Jesus is not like that. We are encouraged to emulate Him, which is easy enough to verify by reading The Bible, but the social reconstructionists seem not to have read the veriest texts of crickets and lizards they're attempting to amalgamate.

Philippians 2:5-11 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
(#984)
Old
Unsaved trash
Foul Sinner on Moderation

HomoRise is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Is Landover Baptist Church a CULT? - 05-16-2019, 02:08 AM

LEmme fact check real quick

ok, so i qouldnt say its a cult, id say its a fundamentalist group.
(#985)
Old
Unsaved trash, Arrogant Atheist Dick

Hellbound Heathen Atheist Cancer on Society hippie Caution - Poster is Crazy Evilution Perv Baggie Condemned Reaper Evil Grammar Nazi Democrat Commmmmunnissss How dumb can you get? Five years in the service of the Enemy Beastiality Barney Caution - Poster is on Drugs Demonized Bleeding heart liebral Glutton Drunk Devil Rides the Short Bus Fiddler Potty mouth Retard Posting Philistine skull Pot Head Swiss Skull Sinner Devil's Trill Sonata Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Mower Pastor Ezekiel Prize for Unprecedented Retards Marxist

Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Default Re: Is Landover Baptist Church a CULT? - 05-16-2019, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmoRise View Post
LEmme fact check real quick...
Who put you in charge of "facts"?

Quote:
...ok, so i qouldnt say its a cult, id say its a fundamentalist group.
They aren't sending us their finest.

I hope.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." George Orwell
(#986)
Old
Completely CRAZY for the Lord
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Heaven Bound Mission to Australia Christian Love Real American™ Friend of Jesus Flat Earth TC Bravery The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking One Year/1000 posts Best stoning bucket True Christian Lady Pro-Life True Scientist™ True Christian™ True Christian Artist True Christian Beauty Most Obedient Batman Shooting Survivor Kangi Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Early riser Nuts for JESUS! Touched by Jesus Color wheel Trumpette Anti-sodomy Hands Off 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Saved 5 Years Stamp of Approval Tagging for Jesus In Love With Zeke BFF of Jesus God's chosen ones Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Grammar Nazi GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire

MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Is Landover Baptist Church a CULT? - 05-16-2019, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didymus Much View Post
Who put you in charge of "facts"?

Quote:
...ok, so i qouldnt say its a cult, id say its a fundamentalist group.
They aren't sending us their finest.
Oh. I'd thought it was an attempt for comedic effect, like the "Simon says" game. But with Simon replaced by a cunning reference to the "lizard brain" or "id" as they say, referring to my lizard analogy.

you know:
Jesus he say "forgive"
id say "kill"

pope say worldwide communion of beliefs
id say fundamentalist group