Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > False Religions and Cults
Reload this Page Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God?
False Religions and Cults Catholics, Wiccans, Lutherans, Satanists, Mormons, and more!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#701)
Old
Dotty too's Avatar
Dotty too Dotty too is offline
Unsaved trash
 

Retard Posting How dumb can you get? Democrat Sinner

 
Posts: 76
Join Date: Mar 2017
Dotty too is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Dotty too is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Dotty too is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Dotty too is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Thumbs up Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 04-05-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Moss View Post
I have a Bible in every room in my house. I can pick them up, I can pile them up, I can read them, I can spread them around the room, I can give them to my friends, I can admire them on my coffee table. They are very real. On the other hand, there is no proof you exist. I have only seen evidence of you on a computer screen and when I turn it off, you disappear. How do I know you are real? I think you should stop this childish demanding that we prove something we see every day is real and prove you are real.
I know the Bible exists what I'm asking is can you prove that the stories and rules in it are real that they have any credit to them because if all you can do is use Bible quotes to prove the Bible then it doesn't seem like the stories are real.
Reply With Quote
(#702)
Old
Alvin Moss's Avatar
Alvin Moss Alvin Moss is offline
Serving Jesus
 

Protected by JESUS Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture True Christian™ Christian Love Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot Proud Niglet Sponsorer Touched by Jesus One Year/1000 posts Ex-Masturbator Friend of Jesus Sons of Liberty Porn Resistant Early riser Tell her once Persecuted Bronze Tither Punched the most queers Mission to Korea Trump of GOD True Republican Donald Trump 2016! 2015 Witch Hunt Award Prayer Warrior Kirk Cameron Fan Club Hands Off True Heterosexual™ 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College Nuke of Heaven Crown of Glory Mower Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Crown of Incorruptibility Alternative Facts Proud TP Rebuker for Christ

 
Posts: 4,318
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Godly Texas, Besieged by Papist Idol Worshippers
Alvin Moss will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alvin Moss will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alvin Moss will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alvin Moss will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alvin Moss will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alvin Moss will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alvin Moss will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alvin Moss will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alvin Moss will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alvin Moss will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alvin Moss will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 04-05-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotty too View Post
I know the Bible exists what I'm asking is can you prove that the stories and rules in it are real that they have any credit to them because if all you can do is use Bible quotes to prove the Bible then it doesn't seem like the stories are real.

God knows there will always be people like you, unsaved and possibly beyond salvation. That is why Hell has a greater capacity than Heaven. You are free to believe what you want to believe and disbelieve what you don't want to believe. God is free to boot you into the Lake of Fire at His convenience. Beware, Dotty; there are no guarantees. You could pass at any time and find yourself afloat in the fiery pit before you know what has happened.


God judgeth the righteous, And God is angry with the wicked every day- Psalm 7:11
Reply With Quote
(#703)
Old
handmaiden's Avatar
handmaiden handmaiden is offline
Is a good, decent True Christian™ lady
True Christian™

Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ Cleanest Kitchen Best Pie Best stoning bucket Bronze Tither Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient One Year/1000 posts True Republican Super Soaker Baptism Award Eats the Most Pork Ready for the Rapture Persecuted Christian Love Grammar Nazi Trump of GOD Kirk Cameron Fan Club Prayer Warrior Teabag Patriot Trumpette Saved 5 Years Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Guns, Guts and GLORY! Alternative Facts Asked questions later Babysitter Marshmallow GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Saved 10 Years

 
Posts: 6,617
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 39.373117/-76.472688
handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!handmaiden will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 04-05-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotty too View Post
I know the Bible exists what I'm asking is can you prove that the stories and rules in it are real that they have any credit to them because if all you can do is use Bible quotes to prove the Bible then it doesn't seem like the stories are real.
Who would make up a story about a flood that wipes out all life in the world except for eight humans and a carefully curated selection of animals?


Who would make up a story about a talking ass, or someone who could stop the sun as it moves across the sky?


In the Bible, God feeds people with food from the sky and parts the waters of the sea. Jesus feeds thousands of people with a box lunch of bread and fishes and He walks on top of water.


There are stories about a guy whose strength is sapped because he gets a haircut and a young man who brings down a looming giant with only a slingshot.


Who would think to make up such stories? And why would they bother? Are they are trying to trick us into enjoying eternal life at God's side and avoiding the horrors of hell?


What kind of con job is that? The Bible offers believers bliss and warns them against terrifying pain. Who would lie about something as important as that? What would be the point? Most people lie to get something good for themselves and avoid suffering bad consequences.


Lying to give other people the blessings of heaven and help them to avoid suffering in hell strikes me as very silly, indeed.


When people who follow false religions lie they are clearly doing it for nasty, selfish reasons.


His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy
Reply With Quote
(#704)
Old
Ezekiel Bathfire's Avatar
Ezekiel Bathfire Ezekiel Bathfire is offline
Pastor for Diversity and Tolerance
Christ's Rottweiler
 

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Christian Love Real American™ Tithing Manager Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Scientist™ Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Senior Pastor Teabag Patriot TC Bravery Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Ex-Brit Eats the Most Pork True Republican Ex-eurotrash Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Kirk Cameron Fan Club Nuts for JESUS! Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus Stamp of Approval Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch Mower Donald Trump 2016! Anti-sodomy Pastor Ezekiel Aardvark Bathfire Crown of Life Alternative Facts Probing for Jesus 20,000 posts Saved 10 Years Proud TP Rebuker for Christ

 
Posts: 21,365
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toiling selflessly towards Salvation
Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Ezekiel Bathfire will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 04-05-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotty too View Post
Can you give proof that the Bible is real without using the Bible?
Of course - you ask that question again without using any known method of communication, and I will gladly show you the most well-known methods.





“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.
Reply With Quote
(#705)
Old
Basilissa's Avatar
Basilissa Basilissa is offline
South of the Border outreach program
True Christian™
 

Friend of Jesus Ready for the Rapture True Christian™ Real American™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Flat Earth Persecuted Prayer Warrior Kirk Cameron Fan Club Bronze Tither Paula Deen Negro Support Group One Year/1000 posts Touched by Jesus In Love With Zeke TC Bravery 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Christian Love Mower Roper Crossburn Guns, Guts and GLORY! Mission to Korea True Christian Lady Ex-eurotrash Landover Mission to The Mexican Realms Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Saved 1 Year 2015 Witch Hunt Award Pastor Ezekiel Cup of Jesus Crown of Righteousness Crown of Incorruptibility BFF of Jesus Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Saved 5 Years Glory GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Proud TP Rebuker for Christ

 
Posts: 10,986
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Godly Midwest
Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 04-06-2017, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotty too View Post
You mean belief right? Because as far as I can see the Bible isn't any more real than the Qur'an. It's your belief that make the Bible the "truth"
The Bible is regarded as a sacred text written by divine inspiration by the Muslims, too.

So even Muslims agree that the Bible is real.

The challenge for you to provide evidence from the Koran proving that the Koran is as true as the Bible still stands.
Reply With Quote
(#706)
Old
Des's Avatar
Des Des is offline
True Christian™
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Real American™ Friend of Jesus Heaven Bound True Christian™ Christian Love Persecuted Porn Resistant Guns, Guts and GLORY! Tell her once Ex-Masturbator True Christian Caucasian Sons of Liberty Proud Niglet Sponsorer Prayer Warrior Paula Deen Negro Support Group Early riser Super Soaker Baptism Award One Year/1000 posts Teabag Patriot True Christian Hotrodder Trump of GOD Roper Crossburn Donald Trump 2016! 2015 Witch Hunt Award Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A True Christian Nerd Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars

 
Posts: 2,559
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Land of Manifest Destiny
Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 04-06-2017, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotty too View Post
I know the Bible exists what I'm asking is can you prove that the stories and rules in it are real that they have any credit to them because if all you can do is use Bible quotes to prove the Bible then it doesn't seem like the stories are real.
As sister Basilissa mentioned above, the Mooselimbs recognize the Bible as a holy text. And even the Joos draw upon the Old Testament. Combined with Christians, this makes three major world religions that accept the Bible. Basically most of the world, then. How many other religions can you name that have two major religions confirming them? Wicca? Scientology? Get real! Only Christianity can make that claim.


Now consider this. The Bible names specific places, places we either confirm or disprove the existence of. So all you need to do is pull up a web browser, find a travel service, and see if you can book a flight to Damascus. Then pick up your Holy Bible, turn to Genesis 14:15 and lo and behold, Damascus is mentioned right there.


There you have it. Independent, non-Biblical confirmation of factual Biblical data.


I expect to see you in church soon, now that you have undeniable proof.


Psalm 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
Reply With Quote
(#707)
Old
Dotty too's Avatar
Dotty too Dotty too is offline
Unsaved trash
 

Retard Posting How dumb can you get? Democrat Sinner

 
Posts: 76
Join Date: Mar 2017
Dotty too is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Dotty too is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Dotty too is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Dotty too is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 04-07-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des View Post

Now consider this. The Bible names specific places, places we either confirm or disprove the existence of. So all you need to do is pull up a web browser, find a travel service, and see if you can book a flight to Damascus. Then pick up your Holy Bible, turn to Genesis 14:15 and lo and behold, Damascus is mentioned right there.


There you have it. Independent, non-Biblical confirmation of factual Biblical data.


I expect to see you in church soon, now that you have undeniable proof.
Now consider this, Harry Potter names specific places that we can prove or disprove e.g London, New York
I mean it's not an unheard of thing to base stories in real world locations.
Harry Potter does it (London), Marvel does it (New York) and so does the Bible
Reply With Quote
(#708)
Old
Joanna Lytton-Vasey's Avatar
Joanna Lytton-Vasey Joanna Lytton-Vasey is offline
True Christian™
True Christian™

Christian Love Heaven Bound Most Obedient True Christian Lady True Christian™ Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Kirk Cameron Fan Club Touched by Jesus Quiverful Cleanest Kitchen Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls One Year/1000 posts The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Hatchet Child Rearing Award Ex-Brit Trump of GOD Roper Crossburn Grammar Nazi Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Mission to Messico Hands Off Saved 1 Year 2015 Witch Hunt Award In Love With Zeke Pro-Life Ex-eurotrash Persecuted Stamp of Approval Mower Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Proud TP Rebuker for Christ

 
Posts: 5,472
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Surrounded by heathens
Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 04-07-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotty too View Post
Now consider this, Harry Potter names specific places that we can prove or disprove e.g London ...
And Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross Station too? So do you think this is "real"?



Or do you think it is a fake tourist attraction designed for the terminally* stupid?

* No pun intended.


Revelation 21:8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Reply With Quote
(#709)
Old
Elmer G. White's Avatar
Elmer G. White Elmer G. White is online now
Distinguished Professor of Prayer Healing and Creation Zoology (Baraminology)
Victim of atheist scientific persecution
 

Protected by JESUS Heaven Bound Friend of Jesus Christian Love True Christian™ Touched by Jesus Persecuted Honorary Ex-Eskimo Ex-Scandinavian Ex-eurotrash True Scientist™ 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Doctor Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture Flat Earth Prayer Warrior Ex-Masturbator Tell her once True Christian Caucasian Real American™ Porn Resistant The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking One Year/1000 posts 2014 Witch Hunt Award Mower Mission to Korea Uber Angels Driver Trump of GOD Roper Crossburn Donald Trump 2016! Pancake Dinner Mission to Messico Saved 1 Year Platinum Tither Eats the Most Pork True Heterosexual™ 2015 Witch Hunt Award Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory BFF of Jesus Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Crown of Righteousness Alternative Facts True Christian Nerd GLORY Saved 5 Years Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Get Behind Me Doctor - NO TEAM FORTRESS! Proud TP Rebuker for Christ

 
Posts: 8,932
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: On a mission in Godless Europistan
Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Rebuke Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 04-07-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotty too View Post
Now consider this, Harry Potter names specific places that we can prove or disprove e.g London, New York
I mean it's not an unheard of thing to base stories in real world locations.
Harry Potter does it (London), Marvel does it (New York) and so does the Bible
Indeed, dear sinner. We are well aware of this and we also know that witchcraft is real and dangerous.


Nahum 3:4
Because of the multitude of the whoredoms of the wellfavoured harlot, the mistress of witchcrafts, that selleth nations through her whoredoms, and families through her witchcrafts.

Acts 8:9
But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:

It is quite possible that the events described in the Harry Potter Heresy are based on quite real occurrences, and the main goal of the author (and she has attained it) must have been to normalize witchcraft in the minds of unsuspecting youngters to lure them unto the bosom of the Enemy. Your observations strengthen our suspicions. We've been trying to warn the population because of these books but too many neglect us!

Let us hope and pray that your post will make at least one more gullible young person realize that there are evil forces, such as the demons depicted in the Potter Heresy, that should not be taken lightly!


Yours in Christ,

Elmer


2 Kings 18:25 - Am I now come up without the LORD against this place to destroy it? The LORD said to me, Go up against this land, and destroy it.



PREPARE YOURSELF TO RAPTURE WITH THIS MANUAL!
Check out our Research in Creation Science:
Reply With Quote
(#710)
Old
Dotty too's Avatar
Dotty too Dotty too is offline
Unsaved trash
 

Retard Posting How dumb can you get? Democrat Sinner

 
Posts: 76
Join Date: Mar 2017
Dotty too is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Dotty too is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Dotty too is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Dotty too is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 04-07-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer G. White View Post
Indeed, dear sinner. We are well aware of this and we also know that witchcraft is real and dangerous.


Nahum 3:4
Because of the multitude of the whoredoms of the wellfavoured harlot, the mistress of witchcrafts, that selleth nations through her whoredoms, and families through her witchcrafts.

Acts 8:9
But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:

It is quite possible that the events described in the Harry Potter Heresy are based on quite real occurrences, and the main goal of the author (and she has attained it) must have been to normalize witchcraft in the minds of unsuspecting youngters to lure them unto the bosom of the Enemy. Your observations strengthen our suspicions. We've been trying to warn the population because of these books but too many neglect us!

Let us hope and pray that your post will make at least one more gullible young person realize that there are evil forces, such as the demons depicted in the Potter Heresy, that should not be taken lightly!


Yours in Christ,

Elmer
No, I didn't mean to say Harry Potter is real.
I meant that your argument saying that the Bible is real because it references real world places is correct.


And one thing I want to know is what is wrong with magic? If your using magic for good then it should be ok right? In a way Jesus has a sort of magic in the sense that he holds amazing healing powers.
Reply With Quote
(#711)
Old
Dotty too's Avatar
Dotty too Dotty too is offline
Unsaved trash
 

Retard Posting How dumb can you get? Democrat Sinner

 
Posts: 76
Join Date: Mar 2017
Dotty too is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Dotty too is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Dotty too is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Dotty too is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 04-07-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotty too View Post
No, I didn't mean to say Harry Potter is real.
I meant that your argument saying that the Bible is real because it references real world places is incorrect

And one thing I want to know is what is wrong with magic? If your using magic for good then it should be ok right? In a way Jesus has a sort of magic in the sense that he holds amazing healing powers.
Sorry I meant to say incorrect not correct
Reply With Quote
(#712)
Old
Elmer G. White's Avatar
Elmer G. White Elmer G. White is online now
Distinguished Professor of Prayer Healing and Creation Zoology (Baraminology)
Victim of atheist scientific persecution
 

Protected by JESUS Heaven Bound Friend of Jesus Christian Love True Christian™ Touched by Jesus Persecuted Honorary Ex-Eskimo Ex-Scandinavian Ex-eurotrash True Scientist™ 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Doctor Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture Flat Earth Prayer Warrior Ex-Masturbator Tell her once True Christian Caucasian Real American™ Porn Resistant The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking One Year/1000 posts 2014 Witch Hunt Award Mower Mission to Korea Uber Angels Driver Trump of GOD Roper Crossburn Donald Trump 2016! Pancake Dinner Mission to Messico Saved 1 Year Platinum Tither Eats the Most Pork True Heterosexual™ 2015 Witch Hunt Award Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory BFF of Jesus Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Crown of Righteousness Alternative Facts True Christian Nerd GLORY Saved 5 Years Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Get Behind Me Doctor - NO TEAM FORTRESS! Proud TP Rebuker for Christ

 
Posts: 8,932
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: On a mission in Godless Europistan
Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Lightbulb Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 04-07-2017, 02:53 PM

Dotty dear,

I have some trouble following your volatile logic. Please, bear with me. I'm going to try to form a synthesis of your last two messages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotty too View Post
No, I didn't mean to say Harry Potter is real.
I meant that your argument saying that the Bible is real because it references real world places is correct.

And one thing I want to know is what is wrong with magic? If your using magic for good then it should be ok right? In a way Jesus has a sort of magic in the sense that he holds amazing healing powers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotty too View Post
Sorry I meant to say incorrect not correct
What I get is as follows:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotty too View Post
...saying that the Bible is real because it references real world places is incorrect.


Are you sure that this is not a non sequitur? You claim that because the Bible mentions real places, it is not real but it is incorrect. If we extrapolate from this assertion and look at some of the authors that you probably revere, we get some quite interesting results.

Mr. Darwin (the heretic) wrote The Voyage of the Beagle in the 1830's. The observations he made eventually caused the terrible debacle of The Origin of Species, but that is irrelevant right now. What is pivotal is that Mr. Darwin references several real places in his book.
Quote:
Chapter 1 - St. Jago -- Cape de Verd Islands
Chapter 2 - Rio de Janeiro
Chapter 3 - Maldonado
Chapter 4 - Rio Negro to Bahia Blanca
Chapter 5 - Bahia Blanca
Chapter 6 - Bahia Blanca to Buenos Ayres
Chapter 7 - Buenos Ayres and St. Fe
Chapter 8 - Banda Oriental and Patagonia
Chapter 9 - Santa Cruz, Patagonia, and the Falkland Islands
Chapter 10 - Tierra Del Fuego
Chapter 11 - Strait of Magellan -- Climate of the Southern Coasts
Chapter 12 - Central Chile
Chapter 13 - Chiloe and Chonos Islands
Chapter 14 - Chiloe and Concepcion: Great Earthquake
Chapter 15 - Passage of the Cordillera
Chapter 16 - Northern Chile and Peru
Chapter 17 - Galapagos Archipelago
Chapter 18 - Tahiti and New Zealand
Chapter 19 - Australia
Chapter 20 - Keeling Island: -- Coral Formations
Chapter 21 - Mauritius to England
As we can see, he mentions among others Rio, Chile, Peru, Austria, New Zealand, Tahiti, and Godless England. Let us look at your argument one more time and apply it to Mr Darwin's oeuvre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotty too View Post
...saying that The Voyage of the Beagle by Charles Darwin is real because it references real world places is incorrect.
You're thus claiming that Mr. Darwin's works are incorrect if they mention real places. What does this mean for the evolutionary theory? Let us examine The Origin of Species! Are there any real places referenced in that book? Actually, the first sentence contains a real place called South America (Mexico).
Quote:
WHEN on board H.M.S. Beagle, as naturalist, I was much struck with certain facts in the distribution of the inhabitants of South America, and in the geological relations of the present to the past inhabitants of that continent.
You've just proven evolution wrong!



Incidentally, witchcraft is bad because Jesus has explicitly classified it as evil.

1 Samuel 15:23
For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.


Yours in Christ,

Elmer


2 Kings 18:25 - Am I now come up without the LORD against this place to destroy it? The LORD said to me, Go up against this land, and destroy it.



PREPARE YOURSELF TO RAPTURE WITH THIS MANUAL!
Check out our Research in Creation Science:
Reply With Quote
(#713)
Old
Dotty too's Avatar
Dotty too Dotty too is offline
Unsaved trash
 

Retard Posting How dumb can you get? Democrat Sinner

 
Posts: 76
Join Date: Mar 2017
Dotty too is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Dotty too is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Dotty too is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Dotty too is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 04-07-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer G. White View Post
Dotty dear,

I have some trouble following your volatile logic. Please, bear with me. I'm going to try to form a synthesis of your last two messages.



What I get is as follows:



Are you sure that this is not a non sequitur? You claim that because the Bible mentions real places, it is not real but it is incorrect. If we extrapolate from this assertion and look at some of the authors that you probably revere, we get some quite interesting results.

Mr. Darwin (the heretic) wrote The Voyage of the Beagle in the 1830's. The observations he made eventually caused the terrible debacle of The Origin of Species, but that is irrelevant right now. What is pivotal is that Mr. Darwin references several real places in his book.
As we can see, he mentions among others Rio, Chile, Peru, Austria, New Zealand, Tahiti, and Godless England. Let us look at your argument one more time and apply it to Mr Darwin's oeuvre.

You're thus claiming that Mr. Darwin's works are incorrect if they mention real places. What does this mean for the evolutionary theory? Let us examine The Origin of Species! Are there any real places referenced in that book? Actually, the first sentence contains a real place called South America (Mexico).
You've just proven evolution wrong!



Incidentally, witchcraft is bad because Jesus has explicitly classified it as evil.

1 Samuel 15:23
For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.


Yours in Christ,

Elmer
No I meant your argument for the Bible being real is incorrect as many other made up stories have used real world places.


Also if magic is used for good e.g healing, building then why is it bad? In Harry Potter magic is used in both good and bad ways
Reply With Quote
(#714)
Old
Elmer G. White's Avatar
Elmer G. White Elmer G. White is online now
Distinguished Professor of Prayer Healing and Creation Zoology (Baraminology)
Victim of atheist scientific persecution
 

Protected by JESUS Heaven Bound Friend of Jesus Christian Love True Christian™ Touched by Jesus Persecuted Honorary Ex-Eskimo Ex-Scandinavian Ex-eurotrash True Scientist™ 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Doctor Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture Flat Earth Prayer Warrior Ex-Masturbator Tell her once True Christian Caucasian Real American™ Porn Resistant The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking One Year/1000 posts 2014 Witch Hunt Award Mower Mission to Korea Uber Angels Driver Trump of GOD Roper Crossburn Donald Trump 2016! Pancake Dinner Mission to Messico Saved 1 Year Platinum Tither Eats the Most Pork True Heterosexual™ 2015 Witch Hunt Award Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory BFF of Jesus Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Crown of Righteousness Alternative Facts True Christian Nerd GLORY Saved 5 Years Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Get Behind Me Doctor - NO TEAM FORTRESS! Proud TP Rebuker for Christ

 
Posts: 8,932
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: On a mission in Godless Europistan
Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Elmer G. White will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Love Jesus Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 04-07-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotty too View Post
No I meant your argument for the Bible being real is incorrect as many other made up stories have used real world places.

Also if magic is used for good e.g healing, building then why is it bad? In Harry Potter magic is used in both good and bad ways
Now you're moving the goalposts. It's the old atheism of the gaps argument that was introduced by Mr. Dawkins. You're also employing special pleading in the way that the Bible would be incorrect because it mentions real places but it would not matter when discussing secular science. Our home base is much more secure as it is never-changing!

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Your ideas of "good" and "evil" are flawed as they are not based on the Bible. The secular outcome of an action is irrelevant. Acts that Glorify God and Jesus are the Good Ones when (and only when) they are committed by True Believers™. "Healing" can be good if it performed properly (Matthew 10:8; Luke 10:9), but if an atheist heals, it is evil. In fact, everything that unbelievers do is by definition evil even it it looks good to unsaved eyes.

Psalms 14:1
(To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.) The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

No secular actions, including secular magic, are good. It is always corrupt. Q.E.D.


Yours in Christ,

Elmer


2 Kings 18:25 - Am I now come up without the LORD against this place to destroy it? The LORD said to me, Go up against this land, and destroy it.



PREPARE YOURSELF TO RAPTURE WITH THIS MANUAL!
Check out our Research in Creation Science:
Reply With Quote
(#715)
Old
MitzaLizalor's Avatar
MitzaLizalor MitzaLizalor is offline
Completely CRAZY for the Lord
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Heaven Bound Mission to Australia Christian Love Real American™ Friend of Jesus Flat Earth TC Bravery The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking One Year/1000 posts Best stoning bucket True Christian Lady Pro-Life True Scientist™ True Christian™ True Christian Artist True Christian Beauty Most Obedient Batman Shooting Survivor Kangi Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Early riser Nuts for JESUS! Touched by Jesus Color wheel Trumpette Anti-sodomy Hands Off 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Saved 5 Years Stamp of Approval Tagging for Jesus In Love With Zeke BFF of Jesus God's chosen ones Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Grammar Nazi GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Saved 10 Years Proud TP Rebuker for Christ

 
Posts: 10,534
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leviticus Landing
MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 04-08-2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotty too View Post
I know the Bible exists what I'm asking is can you prove that the stories and rules in it are real that they have any credit to them because if all you can do is use Bible quotes to prove the Bible then it doesn't seem like the stories are real.
I didn't use quotes to prove the Bible[sic] although I did use one to demonstrate what a quote was. Did the helicopter analogy not work for you? If you have a preferred species I can use that instead or I could do a soft furnishings analogy for you. In comparing The Bible with other so-called religious writings you are necessarily comparing the text. I can tell because you didn't mention binding fabric. Or typefaces. But you didn't include any sample text or any sources for what were supposed to be quotes. That makes it very difficult for us to help you. How do we know these other religious books aren't just blank paper? That would make it very easy to prove authorship.
So far then, you've rejected a response not using Bible quotes while still bleating for responses not using Bible quotes. Can you see where this is leading?
Reply With Quote
(#716)
Old
AsksDumbQuestions's Avatar
AsksDumbQuestions AsksDumbQuestions is offline
Unsaved trash
 

Uppity Woman/Enabler Hellbound Heathen How dumb can you get? Caution - Poster is Crazy

 
Posts: 103
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: In the hell void where I watch your faith.
AsksDumbQuestions is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.AsksDumbQuestions is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 06-10-2017, 09:29 AM

every story of each prophets has life lessons and can be used in real life to solve the problems in our way and to be a good moral human.
Reply With Quote
(#717)
Old
MitzaLizalor's Avatar
MitzaLizalor MitzaLizalor is offline
Completely CRAZY for the Lord
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Heaven Bound Mission to Australia Christian Love Real American™ Friend of Jesus Flat Earth TC Bravery The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking One Year/1000 posts Best stoning bucket True Christian Lady Pro-Life True Scientist™ True Christian™ True Christian Artist True Christian Beauty Most Obedient Batman Shooting Survivor Kangi Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Early riser Nuts for JESUS! Touched by Jesus Color wheel Trumpette Anti-sodomy Hands Off 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Saved 5 Years Stamp of Approval Tagging for Jesus In Love With Zeke BFF of Jesus God's chosen ones Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Grammar Nazi GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Saved 10 Years Proud TP Rebuker for Christ

 
Posts: 10,534
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leviticus Landing
MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 06-10-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsksDumbQuestions View Post
every story of each prophets has life lessons and can be used in real life to solve the problems in our way and to be a good moral human.
That is a very good reason why The Bible is the True Word of God at least as far as prophets go.

There are other books claiming to be written by other prophets but which are NOT The Bible, such as the book of mormon for example. How do we tell the difference? How do we know The Bible is the ONLY True Word of God?
Reply With Quote
(#718)
Old
Mister Brasil's Avatar
Mister Brasil Mister Brasil is offline
True Christian™
True Christian™

True Christian™ Christian Love Real American™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Friend of Jesus Porn Resistant Super Soaker Baptism Award Teabag Patriot Eats the Most Pork 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College Saved 5 Years Cup of Jesus Persecuted Trump of GOD Asked questions later

 
Posts: 518
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Mister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMister Brasil has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Why is the Bible the ONLY True Word of God? - 06-10-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsksDumbQuestions View Post
every story of each prophets has life lessons and can be used in real life to solve the problems in our way and to be a good moral human.
That is so true. Consider Exodus 2: 12:
Quote:
And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.
Here, via Moses, the Bible teaches us an important lesson: Always make sure nobody else is looking when you kill someone.

And hide the body afterwards.

Last edited by Mister Brasil; 06-10-2017 at 07:31 PM. Reason: history of satanic ritual abuse temporarily clouded my perfect mind
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
catholics eat flesh, sola scriptura, the bible is the word of god

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Find Additional Forums Here



Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved