(#41)
Old
Unsaved trash
Hateful God mocking pirate

Hellbound Heathen Cancer on Society Full of it Caution - Poster is Crazy Nutjob Meatball Worshiper How dumb can you get? Pot Head

Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Default Re: Questions for literalists - 08-09-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa H View Post
Why don't you build a molten sea with the details given to prove them wrong.
Oh what a compelling argument Lisa
I would still have to work out just what the dimensions are and the only way to do that is to interpret just what they are. My point is not that the passage is wrong, just that is unclear and does not give enough detail to remove the need for the reader to make some assumptions about the finer points. This goes against the teachings of your church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Temperance View Post
Who decides which parts are literal and which parts are not? If you go to this, you are leaning on man to tell you what to believe or not to believe. Shouldn’t that faith be put in GOD? I mean, after all, HE knows what is best and within HIS divine will better than some man in a suit and tie standing behind a pulpit in some so-called namby-pamby “church.” The BIBLE was not sent here for man to make up or interpret any way that he wants to interpret it! GOD warns us about doing that very thing!
[..]

It’s easy to see that the BIBLE is not some set of fairy-tales, it is the very Word of GOD™, perfect in all ways, and to be taken literally not read in the way some man wants to interpret it. GOD did the interpreting, its up to us to do the believing and obeying. You can’t serve both the world and GOD.
[..]

I hope this explains the facts on not interpreting the BIBLE. People need to refrain from claiming we at Landover have ever interpreted a passage of scripture. We read it for what it says and we follow it, no questions asked. That’s what GOD wants, not a bunch of people squabbling over the definition to “is” like Bill Clinton trying to weasel out of telling the truth.
For passage about the molten sea to make sense you have to go against everything Bro Tempy says above.

Posted via Pasta

True Pastafarian™

May my Sauce be with you!
Read the TRUE Gospel The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (ISBN 978-0-00-723160-7)
Get one and get with The Flying Spaghetti Monster
The Loose Canon - HTML version
Loose Canon Fan Page
North American? Speak English? Thank a Pirate.
I have been to The Volcano!

(#42)
Old
Proud to be Blonde, Beautiful, and Baptist
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Heterosexual™ Real American™ One Year/1000 posts A for Effort True Christian™ Mission to Australia Heaven Bound Ex-Gay Home Schooled True Christian Lady Friend of Jesus Ready for the Rapture Flat Earth

Lisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Questions for literalists - 08-09-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Freddie View Post
Oh what a compelling argument Lisa
I would still have to work out just what the dimensions are and the only way to do that is to interpret just what they are. My point is not that the passage is wrong, just that is unclear and does not give enough detail to remove the need for the reader to make some assumptions about the finer points. This goes against the teachings of your church.

For passage about the molten sea to make sense you have to go against everything Bro Tempy says above.
I am not the one saying it is wrong. If you look at the my first post I said the poster had not written what he claimed was in the Bible verse.

I thought you would be manly enough to build something like that.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
Proverbs 19:25 Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.
Ezekiel 16:14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
Proverbs 6:25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
Genesis 24:16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.
Song of Solomon 1:15 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.
(#43)
Old
Unsaved trash

Hellbound Heathen Cancer on Society Full of it Caution - Poster is Crazy Nutjob Meatball Worshiper How dumb can you get? Pot Head

Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Jo Freddie is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Default Re: Questions for literalists - 08-09-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I am not the one saying it is wrong. If you look at the my first post I said the poster had not written what he claimed was in the Bible verse.
The poster had written what is implied by the verse under one interpretation of it, you then posted the verse they were referring to. Then we went on to discus why it was not possible to take the verse and the rest of the passage literally as the teachings of your church say we must. The theme of this topic is about how can you take the KJV-CFT literally.

Quote:
I thought you would be manly enough to build something like that.
But what use would it be to me?

Don't answer that Lisa, you will only take it as a chance to derail another thread, something you have so far not done in this one.

Posted via Pasta

True Pastafarian™

Read the TRUE Gospel The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (ISBN 978-0-00-723160-7)
Loose Canon Fan Page

(#44)
Old
Proud to be Blonde, Beautiful, and Baptist
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Heterosexual™ Real American™ One Year/1000 posts A for Effort True Christian™ Mission to Australia Heaven Bound Ex-Gay Home Schooled True Christian Lady Friend of Jesus Ready for the Rapture Flat Earth

Lisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Questions for literalists - 08-09-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
The poster had written what is implied by the verse under one interpretation of it, you then posted the verse they were referring to. Then we went on to discus why it was not possible to take the verse and the rest of the passage literally as the teachings of your church say we must. The theme of this topic is about how can you take the KJV-CFT literally.
The poster wrote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_Rover View Post
If you believe the Bible should be read literally, then do you believe that...

1. The value of pi=3 (1 Kings 7:23)?
Is this what the what the Bible verse says, no. Its says;

1 Kings 7:23 And he made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about.

The poster has made a interpretation, and you have just followed.

Quote:
But what use would it be to me?

Don't answer that Lisa, you will only take it as a chance to derail another thread, something you have so far not done in this one.
As as far as I am aware it was used for baptism. So you could get baptized into Landover.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
Proverbs 19:25 Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.
Ezekiel 16:14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
Proverbs 6:25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
Genesis 24:16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.
Song of Solomon 1:15 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.
(#45)
Old
Unsaved trash

Default Re: Questions for literalists - 08-09-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
The poster wrote

Is this what the what the Bible verse says, no. Its says;

1 Kings 7:23 And he made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about.

The poster has made a interpretation, and you have just followed.
As I said
Quote:
Quote:
As as far as I am aware it was used for baptism. So you could get baptized into Landover.
Is that your interpretation of what is was used for or can you show me the relevant passage where it describes its use?

Posted via Pasta

True Pastafarian™

Loose Canon Fan Page