Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > Creation Science
Reload this Page Bill O'Reilly, scientist
Creation Science The origins of life and the earth from a creationist (Biblical) perspective.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1)
Old
WWJDnow's Avatar
WWJDnow WWJDnow is offline
True Christian™
True Christian™

True Christian™ Christian Love 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Mission to Australia Saved 1 Year Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once One Year/1000 posts Porn Resistant Pro-Life Bronze Tither Eats the Most Pork Super Soaker Baptism Award True Republican Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus 2015 Witch Hunt Award Trump of GOD Asked questions later Persecuted Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Stamp of Approval Hands Off BFF of Jesus Polling for Christ

 
Posts: 5,099
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Godless New York City
WWJDnow will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WWJDnow will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WWJDnow will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WWJDnow will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WWJDnow will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WWJDnow will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WWJDnow will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WWJDnow will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WWJDnow will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WWJDnow will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WWJDnow will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Bill O'Reilly, scientist - 02-08-2011, 11:58 PM

Bill O'Reilly trounces modern science with impeccable logic:


I think Bill may be the brightest person on the planet who isn't a Landover Baptist Church pastor. This video should be required viewing for every science student in America.


EZEKIEL FLINT 2024
A Christian President who'll get behind the working men of America and push hard for a better world.
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
idioticyoungfool's Avatar
idioticyoungfool idioticyoungfool is offline
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
 
Posts: 34
Join Date: Feb 2011
idioticyoungfool is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.idioticyoungfool is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Bill O'Reilly, scientist - 02-09-2011, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJDnow View Post
Bill O'Reilly trounces modern science with impeccable logic:


I think Bill may be the brightest person on the planet who isn't a Landover Baptist Church pastor. This video should be required viewing for every science student in America.
Bill O'Reilly sitting in a chair repeatedly asking for someone to explain to him how the moon was created does not make him intelligent "he cant explain it therefore it must be God" was his argument, which is incredibly weak.

On the other hand, if he'd simply pointed to a Bible and said "this says God is real" then the debate would've been over in a matter of seconds
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
MitzaLizalor's Avatar
MitzaLizalor MitzaLizalor is offline
Completely CRAZY for the Lord
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Heaven Bound Mission to Australia Christian Love Real American™ Friend of Jesus Flat Earth TC Bravery The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking One Year/1000 posts Best stoning bucket True Christian Lady Pro-Life True Scientist™ True Christian™ True Christian Artist True Christian Beauty Most Obedient Batman Shooting Survivor Kangi Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Early riser Nuts for JESUS! Touched by Jesus Color wheel Trumpette Anti-sodomy Hands Off 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Saved 5 Years Stamp of Approval Tagging for Jesus In Love With Zeke BFF of Jesus God's chosen ones Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Grammar Nazi GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Saved 10 Years Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Polling for Christ

 
Posts: 11,335
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leviticus Landing
MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Bill O'Reilly, scientist - 02-09-2011, 12:11 AM

That is a beautifully reasoned response, to what was after all a pretty stupid question. Thank you for posting it.
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
TheLordSavedMe's Avatar
TheLordSavedMe TheLordSavedMe is offline
A young lady servicing the Lord
True Christian™

A for Effort Virgin True Christian™ Tin Tither Home Schooled Christian Love Saved 1 Year Best Pie True Christian Lady Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian One Year/1000 posts Real American™ Heaven Bound Friend of Jesus Best Pie Best stoning bucket Persecuted Most Obedient True Republican Pro-Life Super Soaker Baptism Award Proud Niglet Sponsorer Prayer Warrior

 
Posts: 579
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Jose, Califonia
TheLordSavedMe has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureTheLordSavedMe has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureTheLordSavedMe has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureTheLordSavedMe has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureTheLordSavedMe has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureTheLordSavedMe has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureTheLordSavedMe has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureTheLordSavedMe has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureTheLordSavedMe has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureTheLordSavedMe has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureTheLordSavedMe has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Bill O'Reilly, scientist - 02-09-2011, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJDnow View Post
Bill O'Reilly trounces modern science with impeccable logic:


I think Bill may be the brightest person on the planet who isn't a Landover Baptist Church pastor. This video should be required viewing for every science student in America.
I know, right?

I like how he just keeps saying the same thing over and over again! Why not say something alot of times if it's totally TRUE!!!

It's like DUH, of course God made Mars! Only a complete dumdum would think God made the Earth and somebody else made Mars!

And that's why Mars doesn't have a moon like we do!






Tammi




Girls, do you have embarrassing "problems" with your down there parts like I used to?
Reverend Jim Osborne can help!




He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he. Deuteronomy 32-4
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
Bobby-Joe's Avatar
Bobby-Joe Bobby-Joe is offline
Landover Security Superviser
Asset Loss Prevention and Personal Security Expert
NOT angry and positively NOT Gay
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 2nd class Saved 1 Year Saved 5 Years True Heterosexual™ True Christian Provider™ award 2008 Witch Hunt Award Real American™ Ex-Mary Worshipper The Lord’s Witness Wound Tagging for Jesus Heaven Bound TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Punched the most queers Ex-Masturbator True Christian Justice of the Peace Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot Home Schooled Friend of Jesus 2010 Witch Hunt Award Flat Earth Super Soaker Baptism Award Tell her once Silver Tither Gunfest '07 Christian Love Persecuted Porn Resistant Mission to Las Vegas Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award True Republican Sons of Liberty Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior

 
Posts: 18,555
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Freehold Iowa
Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Bill O'Reilly, scientist - 02-09-2011, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisseoldswami View Post
Bill O'Reilly sitting in a chair repeatedly asking for someone to explain to him how the moon was created does not make him intelligent "he cant explain it therefore it must be God" was his argument, which is incredibly weak.

On the other hand, if he'd simply pointed to a Bible and said "this says God is real" then the debate would've been over in a matter of seconds
Secularists always demand extra Biblical proof for God's existence. Mr O'Rielly just did that; science has no agreement on how the moon was created, therefor God must have done it. I think it is high time for all secularists to become Christians.



Time to reclaim our FREEDOM from the “Mullah in Chief” and his growing activist voter hoards of socialists, communists, anti-Semites, anti-Christians, atheists, radical gays and lesbians, feminists, illegal immigrants, Muslims, anti-Anglo whites and others.

Hot Must ReadThreads!


Time to come clean on Benghazi Mr Obama!
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
MitzaLizalor's Avatar
MitzaLizalor MitzaLizalor is offline
Completely CRAZY for the Lord
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Heaven Bound Mission to Australia Christian Love Real American™ Friend of Jesus Flat Earth TC Bravery The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking One Year/1000 posts Best stoning bucket True Christian Lady Pro-Life True Scientist™ True Christian™ True Christian Artist True Christian Beauty Most Obedient Batman Shooting Survivor Kangi Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Early riser Nuts for JESUS! Touched by Jesus Color wheel Trumpette Anti-sodomy Hands Off 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Saved 5 Years Stamp of Approval Tagging for Jesus In Love With Zeke BFF of Jesus God's chosen ones Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Grammar Nazi GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Saved 10 Years Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Polling for Christ

 
Posts: 11,335
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leviticus Landing
MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Bill O'Reilly, scientist - 02-09-2011, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLordSavedMe View Post
It's like DUH, of course God made Mars! Only a complete dumdum would think God made the Earth and somebody else made Mars!
I've watched this a couple of times - but still can't quite "get" the question.
_________________________

@wisseoldswami I don't think "David of Beverly Hills FL" would understand The Bible.

Last edited by MitzaLizalor; 12-29-2018 at 09:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
Billy Bob Jenkins's Avatar
Billy Bob Jenkins Billy Bob Jenkins is offline
Family Man of the Year 2010-2013
About as Straight and Manly as you can get
Hates anal sex. And trees.
 

True Christian™ Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Christian Love Ready for the Rapture Ex-Masturbator Parking Lot Tither True Christian Provider™ award Punched the most queers Real American™ The Lord’s Witness Wound Heaven Bound Home Schooled True Christian Hotrodder Teabag Patriot The Hatchet Child Rearing Award One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life True Republican Ex-treehugger Sons of Liberty Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Kirk Cameron Fan Club Prayer Warrior Mission to Korea Saved 10 Years

 
Posts: 8,323
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Protecting my children from homosexuals
Billy Bob Jenkins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Billy Bob Jenkins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Billy Bob Jenkins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Billy Bob Jenkins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Billy Bob Jenkins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Billy Bob Jenkins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Billy Bob Jenkins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Billy Bob Jenkins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Billy Bob Jenkins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Billy Bob Jenkins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Billy Bob Jenkins will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Bill O'Reilly, scientist - 02-09-2011, 12:25 AM

The rhetorical gifts that Mr. O'Reilly possesses are evidence that he has been chosen by God to tell the Truth©1611. Where else would someone get such a gift of intelligence but from God?

Edit: I especially like how Bill ignores the stupid question "how did God get there then?" Obviously that question is invalid because God is defined as existing beyond time and space. So He is the only thing in the universe that can exist without a cause. Since the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not in the KJV Bible, he cannot exist outside of time and space like God does.


The Only Real Climate Change Will be Hell!
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
Jet O'Niell's Avatar
Jet O'Niell Jet O'Niell is offline
Forum Member
Forum Member
 
Posts: 56
Join Date: Dec 2010
Jet O'Niell is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Bill O'Reilly, scientist - 02-09-2011, 12:54 AM

That video was too true. And I agree that it should be a required viewing for every science student on Earth. They should see it at least 3 times a year, every year. I wish I could go right up to Bill O'Reilly and shake his hand and say "You sir, speak truth and only truth" Then kindly direct him to this forum, where he can spread his enlightenment further to us and all the unsaved trash that briefly visit this forum. May God bless.
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
Nobar King's Avatar
Nobar King Nobar King is offline
Municipal Code Archivist - Deuteronomy 28:58
Christ's Guardian
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year True Christian™ True Christian Provider™ award Ribfest '07 Christian Love Tin Tither Real American™ Cleanest Kitchen Mission to Australia Heaven Bound Tagging for Jesus Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award True Christian Hotrodder Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian True Christian Nerd TC Bravery Ex-liberal Ex-Christ-Killer Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Saved 5 Years Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life 20,000 posts Eats the Most Pork True Republican Divorcee Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Early riser Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Kirk Cameron Fan Club Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus Grammar Nazi Pancake Dinner Anti-sodomy Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Cup of Jesus Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years

 
Posts: 23,733
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mostly on the front porch. Revelation 6:8
Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Bill O'Reilly, scientist - 02-09-2011, 12:58 AM

Look: I know a few things about science, too. I'M A SCIENTIST!!!


May you be a blessing to every life you touch.
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
J.C.Maxwell J.C.Maxwell is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2011
J.C.Maxwell is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Bill O'Reilly, scientist - 02-20-2011, 06:30 AM

Not to say anything of Mr. O'Reilly's conclusion, but this entire video he is using a logical fallacy called an argument from ignorance. I just wish he used better logic to defend the faith.
Reply With Quote
(#11)
Old
WilliamJenningsBryan's Avatar
WilliamJenningsBryan WilliamJenningsBryan is online now
True Christian™
 

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Real American™ Gold Tither Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS TC Bravery Christian Love Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Nerd True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Home Schooled Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life True Republican Eats the Most Pork Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Prayer Warrior Early riser Touched by Jesus Mission to Korea Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Anti-sodomy Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Righteousness Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire

 
Posts: 8,868
Join Date: Jan 2007
WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Bill O'Reilly, scientist - 02-21-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
I've watched this a couple of times - but still can't quite "get" the question.
_________________________

@wisseoldswami I don't think "David of Beverly Hills FL" would understand The Bible.
That's the brilliance of O'Reilly manifesting itself. He could have literally destroyed this pinhead using just the "science" he doesn't understand (the moon doesn't "pull" on the oceans – "gravity" postulates that masses attract, so the oceans exert a force on the moon as well). Einstein says that gravitation is a consequence of the curvature of spacetime. It takes the insightfulness of an O'Reilly to cut through the nonsense. It doesn't matter what your "explanation" is, it all started with God anyway.


Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
...and get off my lawn
Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
recent_convert recent_convert is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
 
Posts: 24
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Essex, England
recent_convert is fearful, unbelieving, a liar, a whoremonger, and abominable. Has a place in the Lake of Fire secured.
Default Re: Bill O'Reilly, scientist - 04-08-2011, 08:48 AM

Having watched the video, I believe it can be summed up as follows:

Mr O'Reilly gets asked how to explain the tides in relation to the Biblical Creation theory. (can only assume what the question is as its not stated)
His response is where did it come from, and asks why Mars doesn't have one.
- Mars has 2 moons - Phobos and Deimos
He then goes on about where did we come from and why there isn't there any life on any other planet
- there is some evidence that Mars did once support bacteriological life form
- absence of proof is not proof of absence
Goes on to say more faith is required to not believe in God than to believe
- which is why scientists ask questions, work out possibilities then test, and test, and test....

In conclusion, he doesn't have the imagination to believe that in a massively gargantuan universe, life couldn't exist without a guiding hand/creator. Look at the sky on a clear night away from a town and look at the stars. In all of those, don't you think that life may have happened by chance here?
Its a possibility, which means it could happen, which means that in a large enough area across a large enough amount of time anything could happen. Such as the diversity of life we see on our planet.
Reply With Quote
(#13)
Old
MitzaLizalor's Avatar
MitzaLizalor MitzaLizalor is offline
Completely CRAZY for the Lord
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Heaven Bound Mission to Australia Christian Love Real American™ Friend of Jesus Flat Earth TC Bravery The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking One Year/1000 posts Best stoning bucket True Christian Lady Pro-Life True Scientist™ True Christian™ True Christian Artist True Christian Beauty Most Obedient Batman Shooting Survivor Kangi Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Early riser Nuts for JESUS! Touched by Jesus Color wheel Trumpette Anti-sodomy Hands Off 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Saved 5 Years Stamp of Approval Tagging for Jesus In Love With Zeke BFF of Jesus God's chosen ones Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Grammar Nazi GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Saved 10 Years Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Polling for Christ

 
Posts: 11,335
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leviticus Landing
MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Bill O'Reilly, scientist - 04-08-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recent_convert View Post
Having watched the video, I believe it can be summed up as follows:

Mr O'Reilly gets asked how to explain the tides in relation to the Biblical Creation theory. (can only assume what the question is as its not stated)
His response is where did it come from, and asks why Mars doesn't have one.
- Mars has 2 moons - Phobos and Deimos
He then goes on about where did we come from and why there isn't there any life on any other planet
- there is some evidence that Mars did once support bacteriological life form
- absence of proof is not proof of absence
Goes on to say more faith is required to not believe in God than to believe
- which is why scientists ask questions, work out possibilities then test, and test, and test....

In conclusion, he doesn't have the imagination to believe that in a massively gargantuan universe, life couldn't exist without a guiding hand/creator. Look at the sky on a clear night away from a town and look at the stars. In all of those, don't you think that life may have happened by chance here?
Its a possibility, which means it could happen, which means that in a large enough area across a large enough amount of time anything could happen. Such as the diversity of life we see on our planet.
The question appears to be stated here @ 13 seconds:


When considering God's Word, about creation in Genesis, the sky and everything attached to it (such as Mars, for example) in Job or Joshua or Kings or Matthew Mark & Revelation, the benefits of incinerating live women in Jeremiah - in short all the evidence of God's Perfect Love and information FROM HIM about His Creation - there is not much of a rôle for imagination! Perhaps when people are telling stories to children or designing a washing machine or something imagination might be useful, but in asserting that life could arise by happenstance in a gargantuan universe there is nothing for us to understand beyond the certainty that Satan can and does rape the minds of men to vaunt his vainglorious nature and glorify his barbaric name. Secular FALSE SCIENCE epitomises that futile endeavour.
Reply With Quote
(#14)
Old
Booger Booger is offline
Unsaved trash
 
 
Posts: 47
Join Date: Mar 2011
Booger is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Booger is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Booger is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Booger is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Bill O'Reilly, scientist - 04-08-2011, 01:59 PM

Yea but still, Mars has 2 moons, how dumb is bill o'reilly? That right there should give you a hint on how dumb and pointless his argument is.
Reply With Quote
(#15)
Old
Mars Survivor's Avatar
Mars Survivor Mars Survivor is offline
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
 
Posts: 14
Join Date: Apr 2013
Mars Survivor is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Mars Survivor is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Mars Survivor is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Mars Survivor is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Bill O'Reilly, scientist - 04-28-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJDnow View Post
Bill O'Reilly trounces modern science with impeccable logic:


I think Bill may be the brightest person on the planet who isn't a Landover Baptist Church pastor. This video should be required viewing for every science student in America.
Yes, I agree. This video should be viewed by every science student in America, then they can realise how more stupid Bill O' Reilly is, and hopefully we can make this YouTube video get even more dislikes than it has now. We have a very full understanding of why the tides goes in and the tides go out, why live is here, and science is pilling on the evidence and understanding of the universe. We do have a good understanding of how the moon and our planets got here looking at the observations we have taken from other solar systems. We don't see a man in white clothing creating the planets. It doesn't mean if you don't understand it, and us scientist don't understand it, does that mean God did it? Are you trying to postulate that when no one really understands it? In the past, there was a list of things which us scientist, at the time, didn't understand, thus you put the evidence on a supernatural things (God). Then, 100 years later we understand it making God a fading figure. Also want to correct what Bill said, Mars does have a moon, it has two in fact. I think you need to learn more science before moaning about what we do or do not understand.
Reply With Quote
(#16)
Old
Mary Etheldreda's Avatar
Mary Etheldreda Mary Etheldreda is offline
Gushing for Jesus
 

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness Flat Earth Anti-abortion GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Proud TP Rebuker for Christ

 
Posts: 22,947
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Freehold, Iowa
Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Bill O'Reilly, scientist - 04-28-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Survivor View Post
Yes, I agree. This video should be viewed by every science student in America, then they can realise how more stupid Bill O' Reilly is, and hopefully we can make this YouTube video get even more dislikes than it has now. We have a very full understanding of why the tides goes in and the tides go out, why live is here, and science is pilling on the evidence and understanding of the universe. We do have a good understanding of how the moon and our planets got here looking at the observations we have taken from other solar systems. We don't see a man in white clothing creating the planets. It doesn't mean if you don't understand it, and us scientist don't understand it, does that mean God did it? Are you trying to postulate that when no one really understands it? In the past, there was a list of things which us scientist, at the time, didn't understand, thus you put the evidence on a supernatural things (God). Then, 100 years later we understand it making God a fading figure. Also want to correct what Bill said, Mars does have a moon, it has two in fact. I think you need to learn more science before moaning about what we do or do not understand.
Wow, such hostility and anger, friend. I'm sensing someone really hurt you in the past. You know, Jesus can heal your wounds, He can take your burdens. He can make you whole. Won't you consider going to Him?



Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Reply With Quote
(#17)
Old
A Follower's Avatar
A Follower A Follower is offline
True Christian™
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Scientist™ True Christian™ Heaven Bound Real American™ 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College Friend of Jesus Tell her once One Year/1000 posts Porn Resistant Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Saved 1 Year Pro-Life Christian Love 3rd Year Bible College Touched by Jesus Flat Earth TC Bravery Saved 10 Years

 
Posts: 871
Join Date: Jan 2010
A Follower will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!A Follower will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!A Follower will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!A Follower will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!A Follower will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!A Follower will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!A Follower will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!A Follower will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!A Follower will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!A Follower will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!A Follower will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Bill O'Reilly, scientist - 04-28-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Survivor View Post
Yes, I agree. This video should be viewed by every science student in America, then they can realise how more stupid Bill O' Reilly is, and hopefully we can make this YouTube video get even more dislikes than it has now. We have a very full understanding of why the tides goes in and the tides go out, why live is here, and science is pilling on the evidence and understanding of the universe. We do have a good understanding of how the moon and our planets got here looking at the observations we have taken from other solar systems. We don't see a man in white clothing creating the planets. It doesn't mean if you don't understand it, and us scientist don't understand it, does that mean God did it? Are you trying to postulate that when no one really understands it? In the past, there was a list of things which us scientist, at the time, didn't understand, thus you put the evidence on a supernatural things (God). Then, 100 years later we understand it making God a fading figure. Also want to correct what Bill said, Mars does have a moon, it has two in fact. I think you need to learn more science before moaning about what we do or do not understand.
If Mars has moons, why doesn't it have tides? Now we're back a video, where Bill O'Reilly explains God exists because where else could the tides come from. You scientists claim that it's the moon that caused the tides, but you can't answer how the moon got there. You can't answer why Mars doesn't have tides even though now you say Mars has two moons, which proves your previous argument of earth's tides being caused by the moon wrong.

You really need to learn some science, once you accept that if your answer to one question is invalidated by your answer to another question you have proven yourself wrong. The only thing that you cannot prove wrong is the Bible, because the Bible was written by God Himself, who has firsthand knowledge of His creation.


Leviticus 26:15-16
And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant: I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.
Reply With Quote
(#18)
Old
Mars Survivor's Avatar
Mars Survivor Mars Survivor is offline
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
 
Posts: 14
Join Date: Apr 2013
Mars Survivor is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Mars Survivor is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Mars Survivor is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Mars Survivor is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Bill O'Reilly, scientist - 04-30-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Follower View Post
If Mars has moons, why doesn't it have tides? Now we're back a video, where Bill O'Reilly explains God exists because where else could the tides come from. You scientists claim that it's the moon that caused the tides, but you can't answer how the moon got there. You can't answer why Mars doesn't have tides even though now you say Mars has two moons, which proves your previous argument of earth's tides being caused by the moon wrong.
Seriously? You sure you haven't inhaled some paint fumes or something?

Yes, we know the Moon--and the Sun, but less so--causes the tides. Humanity has understood that for centuries. The tides happen exactly as you'd expect from our models of gravity: they go up on the side of the planet facing either body, and down when it's on the far side.

Mars does not have water! Therefore it dose not have tides, by your own rules, if you are wrong in the 1st you are in the 2nd. Like i said, yes, we have a pretty good idea how the Moon got there. The very early Earth was hit by a Mars-size planet which melted the crust and blew off large parts of the planet, much of which went into orbit and eventually condensed to form the Moon. This is why the Moon is poor in heavy elements but the composition of its rocks is otherwise so similar to Earth's. Mars does have tides from its moons, but they're negligible since its moons are so tiny--and the tides would be less visible anyway since there's no liquid water on the surface to make them obvious. If you find a complex idea like moons and tides difficult, then a more complex theory of what might have created them is likely to be difficult to comprehend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Follower View Post
You really need to learn some science, once you accept that if your answer to one question is invalidated by your answer to another question you have proven yourself wrong. The only thing that you cannot prove wrong is the Bible, because the Bible was written by God Himself, who has firsthand knowledge of His creation.
Please, according to you dogma, anything that contradicts the ancient book written SHOULD be wrong. There are no demons, unicorns, or a flat earth... The bible wasn't intended to be a "holy book", it was the interpretation of the ancient people of the world they lived. Please, read a science book and for the sake of Christ. Can you PROVE that "the Bible was written be God Himself" without saying it's in the bible? If the universe needs a creator why doesn't God? if God doesn't need a creator why does the universe? man created the bible, we are made from stars open your eyes bada bing bada boom
Reply With Quote
(#19)
Old
Didymus Much's Avatar
Didymus Much Didymus Much is offline
Unsaved trash, Arrogant Atheist Dick
 

Hellbound Heathen Atheist Cancer on Society hippie Caution - Poster is Crazy Evilution Perv Baggie Condemned Reaper Evil Grammar Nazi Democrat Commmmmunnissss How dumb can you get? Five years in the service of the Enemy Beastiality Barney Caution - Poster is on Drugs Demonized Bleeding heart liebral Glutton Drunk Devil Rides the Short Bus Fiddler Potty mouth Retard Posting Philistine skull Pot Head Swiss Skull Sinner Devil's Trill Sonata Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Mower Pastor Ezekiel Prize for Unprecedented Retards Marxist Fake Polling The AIDS

 
Posts: 13,155
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: getting a "WWJF?" T-shirt
Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.Didymus Much is a sinner who has rejected Christ and tithing to Landover and is on the fast bus to Aeternal Damnation.
Default Re: Bill O'Reilly, scientist - 04-30-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Survivor View Post
...The tides happen exactly as you'd expect from our models of gravity: they go up on the side of the planet facing either body, and down when it's on the far side...
Wrong.

Quote:


Schematic of the lunar portion of earth's tides showing (exaggerated) high tides at the sublunar and antipodal points for the hypothetical case of an ocean of constant depth with no land. There would also be smaller, superimposed bulges on the sides facing toward and away from the sun.



The lunar gravity differential field at the Earth's surface is known as the tide-generating force. This is the primary mechanism that drives tidal action and explains two equipotential tidal bulges, accounting for two daily high waters.
Pictures and text from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tide, empahsis and bolding mine.


Quote:
...Mars does not have water! Therefore it dose not have tides...
But then you say:

Quote:
...Mars does have tides...


If you're going to attempt to instruct others, you really should learn about that which you are trying to communicate, and not contradict yourself in the same post.


RIP Republican Party as a force in American Politics for the next decade, minimum
Reply With Quote
(#20)
Old
Pastor Ed Lowman's Avatar
Pastor Ed Lowman Pastor Ed Lowman is offline
Southern Hospitality Exemplified
Always kind and loving
True Christian™

True Christian™ Protected by JESUS 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Pastor of GOD Tithing Manager Pro-Life Porn Resistant Persecuted Friend of Jesus Teabag Patriot True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Christian Love Heaven Bound Super Soaker Baptism Award Real American™ Flat Earth Tell her once Punched the most queers True Republican Sons of Liberty Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Flat Earth Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Kirk Cameron Fan Club Prayer Warrior Paula Deen Negro Support Group

 
Posts: 1,824
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: mostly at the Cracker Barrel
Pastor Ed Lowman will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ed Lowman will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ed Lowman will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ed Lowman will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ed Lowman will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ed Lowman will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ed Lowman will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ed Lowman will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ed Lowman will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ed Lowman will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ed Lowman will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Bill O'Reilly, scientist - 04-30-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Survivor View Post
Seriously? You sure you haven't inhaled some paint fumes or something?
No. We have inhaled JESUS fumes! You should try them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Survivor View Post
Yes, we know the Moon--and the Sun, but less so--causes the tides. Humanity has understood that for centuries. The tides happen exactly as you'd expect from our models of gravity: they go up on the side of the planet facing either body, and down when it's on the far side.
Why isn't it good enough for you that God simply WILLS the waves to come and go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Survivor View Post
Mars does not have water! Therefore it dose not have tides, by your own rules, if you are wrong in the 1st you are in the 2nd. Like i said, yes, we have a pretty good idea how the Moon got there. The very early Earth was hit by a Mars-size planet which melted the crust and blew off large parts of the planet, much of which went into orbit and eventually condensed to form the Moon. This is why the Moon is poor in heavy elements but the composition of its rocks is otherwise so similar to Earth's. Mars does have tides from its moons, but they're negligible since its moons are so tiny--and the tides would be less visible anyway since there's no liquid water on the surface to make them obvious. If you find a complex idea like moons and tides difficult, then a more complex theory of what might have created them is likely to be difficult to comprehend.
Because God didn't WILL Mars to have water. But Mars isn't a planet anyway, just a point of light in the firmament that pagans once worshipped. Sounds like you've bought into the NASA lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Survivor View Post
Please, according to you dogma, anything that contradicts the ancient book written SHOULD be wrong. There are no demons, unicorns, or a flat earth... The bible wasn't intended to be a "holy book", it was the interpretation of the ancient people of the world they lived. Please, read a science book and for the sake of Christ. Can you PROVE that "the Bible was written be God Himself" without saying it's in the bible? If the universe needs a creator why doesn't God? if God doesn't need a creator why does the universe? man created the bible, we are made from stars open your eyes bada bing bada boom
Yes, because since the Bible is Truth, if you and science had been correct, the Bible would have said so.

Pastor Ed



Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bill o'reilly is not a goon, creation science, fox news, i'm a scientist too!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Find Additional Forums Here



Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved