Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > Christian history forum
Reload this Page Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher
Christian history forum This forum is dedicated to the history of Christianity, and its impact on the history of the world.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1)
Old
Jeb Stuart Thurmond's Avatar
Jeb Stuart Thurmond Jeb Stuart Thurmond is online now
Didn't write the Bible, just obeys it
 

Public Awareness Medal One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 2nd class Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Real American™ Saved 5 Years Gold Tither Heaven Bound TC Bravery TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Tagging for Jesus Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork True Republican Sons of Liberty Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Hatchet Child Rearing Award Touched by Jesus Alternative Facts Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus

 
Posts: 6,101
Join Date: Jun 2007
Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher - 12-11-2007, 01:06 AM

The Discovery Institute has supplied a valuable teaching tool in the form of a list of ten questions, for students to ask their biology teachers when they start to talk about "evolution". Just as innocent requests for fairness and balance!

Jim Easter brings us this guide for those who want to bring this noble crusade to the rest of the academic disciplines, starting with history:

So -- kids, the next time your history teacher starts trying to force-feed you Revolutionary "theory" as if it were "fact", you know what to do!

Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher

Q: ORIGIN OF GOVERNMENTS: Why do history textbooks claim that the modern British monarchy originated with the "Norman conquest", in "1066?, when nobody has ever seen a calendar for that year, and there has never been an English king named "Norman"?

Q: WASHINGTON'S BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT: Why don't textbooks discuss the "Civil War," or the fact that all US governmental bodies appear together at that time, instead of branching from a Constitution -- thus contradicting revolutionary theory?

Q: THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE: Why do history textbooks claim that the "Revolutionary War" started with a "Declaration of Independence" and quote its words, then claim that a suspiciously old-looking document in Washington D.C is the same document because it contains the same words, -- a circular argument masquerading as historical evidence?

Q: GEORGE WASHINGTON. It is well known that the infamous "cherry tree" story was false, and that "George Washington" never said "I cannot tell a lie" -- that is, if he ever existed. Why do textbooks use drawings or "artist's conceptions" of "George Washington" as evidence that he existed? Why does no single history textbook anywhere point out that there are no photographs - zero! - of "George Washington" in existence?

Q: ALEXANDER HAMILTON. Why do some history textbooks give Alexander Hamilton's year of birth as 1755, and others as 1757? Why do historians refuse to discuss, or even acknowledge, the controversy? Why do many textbooks even claim that this (probably imaginary) figure was killed in a duel with "Aaron Burr"? Take out a $10 bill and see whose picture is on it. Do you think this duel actually occurred, and that the US then decided to put the loser's picture on its currency?

Q: WASHINGTON CROSSING THE DELAWARE. Why do history textbooks all use the same picture of "Washington Crossing the Delaware" -- when historians have been aware for years that the picture was staged? Any idiot knows that you can't get ten guys in a canoe without capsizing, and "Washington" is standing up? Get real.

Q: SILLY HATS. Why do textbooks claim that Revolutionary Fashion can explain the use of Tricorner Hats by the colonists -- even though these hats were not used in the French Revolution, and there are no such silly hats anywhere else in history?

Q: REVOLUTIONARY WAR. Why do textbooks represent the Revolutionary War as having been won through a series of "small victories" when, every time you look at an actual battle the colonists fought against the British, as likely as not they lost? Do you think a nation as magnificently complex as the United States could come about through a random, undirected sequence of military engagements?

Q: GOVERNMENTAL ORIGINS. Why are artists' drawings of a bunch of middle-aged guys in poofy wigs used to justify Revolutionary claims that we are all descended from a parcel of ninnies who didn't have the sense to be at the beach in July -- when historians cannot even agree on who they were or what their actual hair looked like?

Q: THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION A FACT? Why are we told that the American Revolution is an historical fact -- even though many Revolutionary claims are based on misrepresentations of the facts?

And remember -- when some liberal revolutionist starts spouting off about imaginary events supposed to have taken place in 1776, all you have to do is look him in the eye and ask "Were you there?".

hxxp://www.someareboojums.org/blog/?p=21

Last edited by Jeb Stuart Thurmond; 04-12-2010 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Credit given where credit is due
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
Larry Lee's Avatar
Larry Lee Larry Lee is offline
Predestinated Servant of Jesus Christ by the Will of God
True Christian™ Theologian
True Christian™

1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 1st class Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Saved 5 Years Platinum Tither Saved 10 Years Real American™ Ribfest '02 Christian Love Heaven Bound TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound Teabag Patriot Ex-liberal Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life True Republican

 
Posts: 4,345
Join Date: Sep 2006
Larry Lee will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Larry Lee will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Larry Lee will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Larry Lee will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Larry Lee will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Larry Lee will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Larry Lee will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Larry Lee will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Larry Lee will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Larry Lee will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Larry Lee will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher - 12-11-2007, 01:56 AM

AMEN AND AMEN!

This is such a great service you're doing for our country, Brother Jeb. The fact is that most of what we think we know about the American disengagement from English royal beneficence is simply LIBERAL myth -- Plain And Simple -- Lies made up by LIEbruls to promote a bunch of nonsense about the unattractiveness of English hereditary authority. Wise Americans know better than to believe any of it.

Having said that, here's one of my favorite myths spread by LIEbruls. It's just so obviously false. Are you ready? Here goes: At the time of the Revolutionary War, patriotic Americans who remained committed to the ideal of royal suffrage ended up fleeing America and finding refuge in the Bahamas and Canada.... uhmmmmm.... CANADA?! Take Off! No American would be so stupid as to emigrate to that barren shield of granitic cold. Ha Ha Ha Ha, Those LIEbruls think we'll believe anything.


Newt

I loved Newt before Newt was invincible
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
Virginia D. Templeton's Avatar
Virginia D. Templeton Virginia D. Templeton is offline
Christ's Battle Axe
 

True Christian™ True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ True Christian Beauty Bronze Tither Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Christian Love Flat Earth Most Obedient Pro-Life Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus Stamp of Approval Mama Grizzly Trumpette Alternative Facts

 
Posts: 2,687
Join Date: Dec 2006
Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia D. Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher - 12-11-2007, 02:30 AM

Glory, Brother! This is another reason why the "Constitution" cannot be trusted—for all we know, some egghead history professors invented it in the 1980s. Next time a liberal tries to use the Constitution as an excuse to take away our rights to take away other people's rights, ask him if he's actually seen the document, or, better yet, seen the so-called Founders actually write it.

There's only one history book anybody needs. Which one? I'll give you 1611 guesses, and the first 1610 don't count!


Proud member of the LGBT community!


Cursed be he that doeth the work of the Lord deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
– Jer. 48:10
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
scotty scotty is offline
Unsaved trash
 
 
Posts: 41
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Freehold Iowa
scotty is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher - 12-11-2007, 10:54 PM

about that george washington one, there wasnt cameras back then? that was pretty blonde of you. and how is he not real. theres documented books about him. and who led the army then in the revolutionary war?
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
Jeb Stuart Thurmond's Avatar
Jeb Stuart Thurmond Jeb Stuart Thurmond is online now
Didn't write the Bible, just obeys it
 

Public Awareness Medal One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 2nd class Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Real American™ Saved 5 Years Gold Tither Heaven Bound TC Bravery TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Tagging for Jesus Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork True Republican Sons of Liberty Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Hatchet Child Rearing Award Touched by Jesus Alternative Facts Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus

 
Posts: 6,101
Join Date: Jun 2007
Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher - 12-11-2007, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
about that george washington one, there wasnt cameras back then? that was pretty blonde of you. and how is he not real. theres documented books about him.
There's doumented books about Evolution, but that doesn't make it true.

Quote:
and who led the army then in the revolutionary war?
JESUS.
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
scotty scotty is offline
Unsaved trash
 
 
Posts: 41
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Freehold Iowa
scotty is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher - 12-11-2007, 11:23 PM

i dont beleive in evolution but george washington was true human. whats there not to beleive. what if people 200 years from now said "JebThurmond" is real? why not? why wouldnt you be real?
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
Jeb Stuart Thurmond's Avatar
Jeb Stuart Thurmond Jeb Stuart Thurmond is online now
Didn't write the Bible, just obeys it
 

Public Awareness Medal One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 2nd class Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Real American™ Saved 5 Years Gold Tither Heaven Bound TC Bravery TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Tagging for Jesus Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork True Republican Sons of Liberty Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Hatchet Child Rearing Award Touched by Jesus Alternative Facts Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus

 
Posts: 6,101
Join Date: Jun 2007
Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher - 12-11-2007, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
i dont beleive in evolution but george washington was true human.
Now you're just being hypocritical. There's no more proof for Geroge Washington than there is for Evolution.

America's morality is based on ouir children knowing that our nation was intelligently designed by Jesus, not by some mortal human being with snot and flatulence and other mortal stuff, just like our morality is based on our knowing that we are intelligently designed by God, and do not come from some lizard.

Quote:
whats there not to beleive. what if people 200 years from now said "JebThurmond" is real? why not? why wouldnt you be real?
WHat do you mean? YOU'RE TALKING TO ME RIGHT NOW! How many times have you talked to this "George Washington" of yours?

Last edited by Jeb Stuart Thurmond; 03-02-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
scotty scotty is offline
Unsaved trash
 
 
Posts: 41
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Freehold Iowa
scotty is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher - 12-12-2007, 01:57 AM

i dont beleive george washington made the country, the people made the country with the help from Jesus, there was no individual but all people including George washington yourself and I along with the rest of Christians
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
Meserti's Avatar
Meserti Meserti is offline
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
 
Posts: 65
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: A little over here, a little over there
Meserti is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher - 12-12-2007, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Q: ORIGIN OF GOVERNMENTS: Why do history textbooks claim that the modern British monarchy originated with the "Norman conquest", in "1066?, when nobody has ever seen a calendar for that year, and there has never been an English king named "Norman"?
A. the Norman Conquest was led by William the Conquerer, he was the king of the Normans, he conquered England and took the throne thus creating the Modern English Monarchy. 1066 is infact the last time England was successfully invaded.

Quote:
Q: GEORGE WASHINGTON. It is well known that the infamous "cherry tree" story was faked, and that "George Washington" never said "I cannot tell a lie" -- that is, if he ever existed. Why do textbooks use drawings or "artist's conceptions" of "George Washington" as evidence that he existed? Why does no single history textbook anywhere point out that there are no photographs - zero! - of "George Washington" in existence?
A. cameras were not invented during that time, if there were no cameras then there is definetly no ability to take photos

Quote:
Q: SILLY HATS. Why do textbooks claim that Revolutionary Fashion can explain the use of Tricorner Hats by the colonists -- even though these hats were not used in the French Revolution, and there are no such silly hats anywhere else in history?
A. Tricorner hats were more a fashion for the British Georgian hats mostly of the colonial areas.

I hope this Enlightens your imbecilic mind.
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
Jeb Stuart Thurmond's Avatar
Jeb Stuart Thurmond Jeb Stuart Thurmond is online now
Didn't write the Bible, just obeys it
 

Public Awareness Medal One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 2nd class Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Real American™ Saved 5 Years Gold Tither Heaven Bound TC Bravery TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Tagging for Jesus Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork True Republican Sons of Liberty Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Hatchet Child Rearing Award Touched by Jesus Alternative Facts Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus

 
Posts: 6,101
Join Date: Jun 2007
Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher - 12-12-2007, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meserti View Post
A. the Norman Conquest was led by William the Conquerer, he was the king of the Normans
Oh, this is rich. now you're saying that all people with the same name have the same king? That there's a king of the Normans, and a King of the Joes....I guess the King of the Jebs must be angry because I've never paid my taxes to him.


Quote:
A. cameras were not invented during that time, if there were no cameras then there is definetly no ability to take photos
"Through Jesus all things are possible". There is no such thing as "no ability" with Jesus around.

And there were also no cameras when "Twas the Night before Christmas" was written, does that prove the existence of Santa Claus?

And your hat argument makes no sense whatsoever. Where's the missing link between those tricorner hats and modern hats? And where's the missing link between those tricorner hats and medieval hats?
Reply With Quote
(#11)
Old
Meserti's Avatar
Meserti Meserti is offline
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
 
Posts: 65
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: A little over here, a little over there
Meserti is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher - 12-12-2007, 02:33 AM

what on earth are you talking about?

the Normans are a people who used to live in the French province of Normandy. they took the English Throne, it is rather simple.

my hilarious fool, I would suggest you be much more realistic, then you can see the reason of history.
Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
MusicInHerHeart's Avatar
MusicInHerHeart MusicInHerHeart is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
 
Posts: 20
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: North Texas
MusicInHerHeart is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher - 12-12-2007, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb Thurmond View Post
Q: ORIGIN OF GOVERNMENTS: Why do history textbooks claim that the modern British monarchy originated with the "Norman conquest", in "1066?, when nobody has ever seen a calendar for that year, and there has never been an English king named "Norman"?

Q: WASHINGTON'S BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT: Why don't textbooks discuss the "Civil War," or the fact that all US governmental bodies appear together at that time, instead of branching from a Constitution -- thus contradicting revolutionary theory?

Q: THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE: Why do history textbooks claim that the "Revolutionary War" started with a "Declaration of Independence" and quote its words, then claim that a suspiciously old-looking document in Washington D.C is the same document because it contains the same words, -- a circular argument masquerading as historical evidence?

Q: GEORGE WASHINGTON. It is well known that the infamous "cherry tree" story was faked, and that "George Washington" never said "I cannot tell a lie" -- that is, if he ever existed. Why do textbooks use drawings or "artist's conceptions" of "George Washington" as evidence that he existed? Why does no single history textbook anywhere point out that there are no photographs - zero! - of "George Washington" in existence?

Q: ALEXANDER HAMILTON. Why do some history textbooks give Alexander Hamilton's year of birth as 1755, and others as 1757? Why do historians refuse to discuss, or even acknowledge, the controversy? Why do many textbooks even claim that this (probably imaginary) figure was killed in a duel with "Aaron Burr"? Take out a $10 bill and see whose picture is on it. Do you think this duel actually occurred, and that the US then decided to put the loser's picture on its currency?

Q: WASHINGTON CROSSING THE DELAWARE. Why do history textbooks all use the same picture of "Washington Crossing the Delaware" -- when historians have been aware for years that the picture was staged? Any idiot knows that you can't get ten guys in a canoe without capsizing, and "Washington" is standing up? Get real.

Q: SILLY HATS. Why do textbooks claim that Revolutionary Fashion can explain the use of Tricorner Hats by the colonists -- even though these hats were not used in the French Revolution, and there are no such silly hats anywhere else in history?

Q: REVOLUTIONARY WAR. Why do textbooks represent the Revolutionary War as having been won through a series of "small victories" when, every time you look at an actual battle the colonists fought against the British, as likely as not they lost? Do you think a nation as magnificently complex as the United States could come about through a random, undirected sequence of military engagements?

Q: GOVERNMENTAL ORIGINS. Why are artists' drawings of a bunch of middle-aged guys in poofy wigs used to justify Revolutionary claims that we are all descended from a parcel of ninnies who didn't have the sense to be at the beach in July -- when historians cannot even agree on who they were or what their actual hair looked like?

Q: THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION A FACT? Why are we told that the American Revolution is an historical fact -- even though many Revolutionary claims are based on misrepresentations of the facts?

And remember -- when some liberal revolutionist starts spouting off about imaginary events supposed to have taken place in 1776, all you have to do is look him in the eye and ask "Were you there?".
This made me laugh. :]

Please allow me to give you a short history on a few of these topics.

1. Norman refers to the peoples of Normandy.

2. Have you ever cracked open a high school history text book? The Civil War is in there and in a big way. Schools are making no effort to hide America's history, which is sadly an extremely bloody one.

3. The Dec. of Ind. was a letter written to the then-king of England stating that the colonists in North America had no desire to stay under the king's rule any longer. Of course, with all the money collected in colonies (from the absurdly high taxes imposed upon them) the king would never give up rule without a fight, so fight he did.
And by the way, I've seen it with my own eyes, and I can literally trace back my ancestry to two people that signed it. I saw one of their names on it when I saw it; the other person's name has faded out.

4. The camera wasn't invented until approx. the year 1826. Prior to this invention, the only way of capturing someone's image was by painting or sketching them. And if Washington, never existed, then please tell me how multiple artists were able to depict him as nearly identically as humanly possible? And if a photograph is proof someone existed, I guess that means the Sistine Chapel painted itself, which is contrary to the popular belief that it was actually Michelangelo that did it.

5. Records of deaths and births, something that today's society takes for granted, were not necessarily well-kept in the 1700's. When you have imprecise records of births, you are invariably bound to come across an inconsistency. However, Hamilton's birthday should not be what's important.
The reason he is well-noted in American history is because of his contributions to our government system, including trying to get a bill pushed through by physically coming before Congress and explaining why they should pass it.

6. While "The Crossing of the Delaware" picture may have been staged, it portrays Washington as having an active, physical role in the country, which he did. Prior to his presidency, he literally rode throughout the colonies, helping to restore peace and order where needed. (As commanding general, he rode with a faction of the army, which he would call upon when a place could not come to a peaceful settlement.)

7. You're kidding, right? They're just hats, for crying out loud. It was a fad back in the day, just like enormous hair was a fad in the 80's. Moving on from this ridiculous topic....

8. Each small victory had to be obtained so the colonists could maneuver themselves into a place where they could retrieve key locations. If they wanted any hope of driving the British out of the East coast, they needed to reclaim these locations so they would have a central place from which to defend the surrounding areas. It's basic war strategy: get in, get the important places, and drive the remains out.

9. Again, the powdered wigs were simply a fad. It had nothing to do with the formation of the government. And as for the beach, they still would be wearing heavy clothing; the following is a sketch of a woman in an 1858 swimsuit: click

10. To quote you, "Why are we told that the American Revolution is an historical fact -- even though many Revolutionary claims are based on misrepresentations of the facts?"
You said yourself there are facts to back up the Am. Rev. war. If you would like to backtrack and revise your statement, I would be happy to inform you about the war.
Reply With Quote
(#13)
Old
MusicInHerHeart's Avatar
MusicInHerHeart MusicInHerHeart is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
 
Posts: 20
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: North Texas
MusicInHerHeart is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher - 12-12-2007, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lee View Post
Having said that, here's one of my favorite myths spread by LIEbruls. It's just so obviously false. Are you ready? Here goes: At the time of the Revolutionary War, patriotic Americans who remained committed to the ideal of royal suffrage ended up fleeing America and finding refuge in the Bahamas and Canada.... uhmmmmm.... CANADA?! Take Off! No American would be so stupid as to emigrate to that barren shield of granitic cold. Ha Ha Ha Ha, Those LIEbruls think we'll believe anything.
It makes perfect sense, actually.

Canada is fairly easy to get to, if you can get through the Appalachian Mountains, and many people had to know how to do that in order to travel on the East coast.

And with the French, who were in control of Canada, paying no mind to who was coming into the region, what better place to hide?

It was not until later on that Americans started distrusting those in Canada, and indeed, it was not until recent years that the general public has deemed the country to be an "evil place."
Reply With Quote
(#14)
Old
Jeb Stuart Thurmond's Avatar
Jeb Stuart Thurmond Jeb Stuart Thurmond is online now
Didn't write the Bible, just obeys it
 

Public Awareness Medal One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 2nd class Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Real American™ Saved 5 Years Gold Tither Heaven Bound TC Bravery TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Tagging for Jesus Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork True Republican Sons of Liberty Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Hatchet Child Rearing Award Touched by Jesus Alternative Facts Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus

 
Posts: 6,101
Join Date: Jun 2007
Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Jeb Stuart Thurmond will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher - 12-12-2007, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicInHerHeart View Post
It makes perfect sense, actually.

Canada is fairly easy to get to, if you can get through the Appalachian Mountains, and many people had to know how to do that in order to travel on the East coast.
Huh? Does your "Golden compass" not know the difference between West and North?

Quote:
And with the French, who were in control of Canada, paying no mind to who was coming into the region, what better place to hide?
Wait, wait, so now you liberal-bias historians are claiming the French WON the French and Indian war?

Quote:
It was not until later on that Americans started distrusting those in Canada, and indeed, it was not until recent years that the general public has deemed the country to be an "evil place."
Uh, okay, so when we burned down Toronto in the war of 1812, it was because one of our cows kicked a lantern?
Reply With Quote
(#15)
Old
MusicInHerHeart's Avatar
MusicInHerHeart MusicInHerHeart is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
 
Posts: 20
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: North Texas
MusicInHerHeart is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher - 12-12-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb Thurmond View Post
Huh? Does your "Golden compass" not know the difference between West and North?
Thank you, I really appreciate you assuming that just because I'm decent with history means that I must support secular trash. I refuse to go see "Golden Compass" because the idea that God should -- or for that matter, can -- be killed, sickens me.
And the Appalachians are on the East coast. Mountain ranges on the western side of the country are the Rockies and Sierra Nevada. Go look at a map sometime, it's quite enlightening.

Quote:
Wait, wait, so now you liberal-bias historians are claiming the French WON the French and Indian war?
It seems I have forgotten the dates of that war; I had to Google it to remember that it occurred before the [alleged "revolution"]. However, my statement in support of non-patriotic Americans still stands despite my mistake. Thank you for helping me correct my statement.

The British were the ones in control of Canada at the time, which would make the country even more appealing to those wishing to flee the colonies. The people that left are the ones that supported the king's rule of the area; in Canada, they could be assured that they would only find leaders who also supported the king's rule over the colonies.

Last edited by Jeb Stuart Thurmond; 12-12-2007 at 04:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
(#16)
Old
MusicInHerHeart's Avatar
MusicInHerHeart MusicInHerHeart is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
 
Posts: 20
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: North Texas
MusicInHerHeart is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher - 12-12-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Uh, okay, so when we burned down Toronto in the war of 1812, it was because one of our cows kicked a lantern?
The real cow you're referring to was said to have started the Great Chicago Fire.

You're missing the point. When do you ever hear a good thing about Canada in your daily life, from the people around you? I understand talking about our neighbor to the north isn't exactly everyday conversation, but it comes up now and then. In my experiences, at least, when Canada does come into a conversation, the people involved can only think of negative things to say about it.

Now, I'll admit I may have been over generalizing and over exaggerating my previous statement, but it was to make the point that 95% of the things I've ever heard about Canada from everyday people is negative.

Last edited by Jeb Stuart Thurmond; 12-12-2007 at 04:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
(#17)
Old
Pastor Ezekiel's Avatar
Pastor Ezekiel Pastor Ezekiel is offline
Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study
 

One Year/1000 posts Ribfest '09 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Saved 1 Year Long service medal, 3rd class Christian Love True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Real American™ True Heterosexual™ Tithing Manager 2008 Witch Hunt Award Gunfest '09 Senior Pastor Mission to Australia Heaven Bound Tagging for Jesus The Lord’s Witness Wound Home Schooled Punched the most queers TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Jailed for JESUS Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot 20,000 posts Friend of Jesus 2010 Witch Hunt Award Flat Earth 50,000 posts Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Mission to Japan Pro-Life Mission to Las Vegas True Christian Provider™ award True Scientist™ Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award Outreach preacher Special Mission (North Korea) Golden Bear Award True Republican Batman Shooting Survivor Sons of Liberty Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! WisconSIN Shooting survivor Proud Niglet Sponsorer Truck Stop Ministry Member Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club In Love With Zeke Bear Prayer Warrior 2012 Witch Hunt Award Man of the Year True Christian Hotrodder Paula Deen Negro Support Group Gator Touched by Jesus 75,000 posts Man of the Year Babysitter 2014 Witch Hunt Award Stamp of Approval Mission to Korea Trump of GOD Uber Angels Driver Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch Roper Crossburn Donald Trump 2016! Pancake Dinner Anti-sodomy Hands Off 2015 Witch Hunt Award Pastor Ezekiel Golden Bear Award Mission Long service medal, 2nd class Aardvark Asked questions later Heart of compassion Crown of Righteousness The Crown of Crowns Crown of Glory Crown of Incorruptibility Crown of Rejoicing Crown of Life BFF of Jesus Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus

 
Posts: 79,718
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Freehold, Iowa
Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher - 12-12-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicInHerHeart View Post
Now, I'll admit I may have been over generalizing and over exaggerating my previous statement, but it was to make the point that 95% of the things I've ever heard about Canada from everyday people is negative.
All True Christians™ know that Godless Cannuckistan is as bad as it gets. Chockfull of queers and frenchies, race traitors and intolerant liebrals, the only reason it's still there is because we may need it for a province one day.

God hates Canada, believe you me!


Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!
Reply With Quote
(#18)
Old
Wide-Open's Avatar
Wide-Open Wide-Open is offline
Director of European Evangelical Outreach
A Shining Example of Christ's Love
Quite possibly the only decent, heterosexual human being in the whole of Europe
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College True Christian™ Real American™ Christian Love Tithing Manager Heaven Bound Tagging for Jesus TC Bravery Mission to Australia Protected by JESUS Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award True Christian Nerd True Christian Hotrodder Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Senior Pastor Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Mission to Las Vegas True Republican Ex-eurotrash Touched by Jesus

 
Posts: 18,675
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A frictional country
Wide-Open will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Wide-Open will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Wide-Open will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Wide-Open will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Wide-Open will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Wide-Open will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Wide-Open will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Wide-Open will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Wide-Open will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Wide-Open will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Wide-Open will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher - 12-12-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
All True Christians™ know that Godless Cannuckistan is as bad as it gets. Chockfull of queers and frenchies, race traitors and intolerant liebrals, the only reason it's still there is because we may need it for a province one day.

God hates Canada, believe you me!
One could say Canada is the Belgium of the Americas. Except they even thought about introducing the Sharia - madness not observed so far in my silly "country".


Psalm 81:10:
I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt:
open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.
Reply With Quote
(#19)
Old
MusicInHerHeart's Avatar
MusicInHerHeart MusicInHerHeart is offline
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation
 
Posts: 20
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: North Texas
MusicInHerHeart is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher - 12-12-2007, 01:02 PM

Sorry, but I'm inclined not to much pay attention to the godhates(insert noun here).com sites. If you can show me a Christian site against homosexuality, but with the understanding to "love the sinner, hate the sin," then I'll listen to your argument.
Reply With Quote
(#20)
Old
Pastor Ezekiel's Avatar
Pastor Ezekiel Pastor Ezekiel is offline
Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study
 

One Year/1000 posts Ribfest '09 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Saved 1 Year Long service medal, 3rd class Christian Love True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Real American™ True Heterosexual™ Tithing Manager 2008 Witch Hunt Award Gunfest '09 Senior Pastor Mission to Australia Heaven Bound Tagging for Jesus The Lord’s Witness Wound Home Schooled Punched the most queers TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Jailed for JESUS Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot 20,000 posts Friend of Jesus 2010 Witch Hunt Award Flat Earth 50,000 posts Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Mission to Japan Pro-Life Mission to Las Vegas True Christian Provider™ award True Scientist™ Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award Outreach preacher Special Mission (North Korea) Golden Bear Award True Republican Batman Shooting Survivor Sons of Liberty Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! WisconSIN Shooting survivor Proud Niglet Sponsorer Truck Stop Ministry Member Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club In Love With Zeke Bear Prayer Warrior 2012 Witch Hunt Award Man of the Year True Christian Hotrodder Paula Deen Negro Support Group Gator Touched by Jesus 75,000 posts Man of the Year Babysitter 2014 Witch Hunt Award Stamp of Approval Mission to Korea Trump of GOD Uber Angels Driver Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch Roper Crossburn Donald Trump 2016! Pancake Dinner Anti-sodomy Hands Off 2015 Witch Hunt Award Pastor Ezekiel Golden Bear Award Mission Long service medal, 2nd class Aardvark Asked questions later Heart of compassion Crown of Righteousness The Crown of Crowns Crown of Glory Crown of Incorruptibility Crown of Rejoicing Crown of Life BFF of Jesus Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus

 
Posts: 79,718
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Freehold, Iowa
Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Ezekiel will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Ten Questions to Ask Your History Teacher - 12-12-2007, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicInHerHeart View Post
Sorry, but I'm inclined not to much pay attention to the godhates(insert noun here).com sites. If you can show me a Christian site against homosexuality, but with the understanding to "love the sinner, hate the sin," then I'll listen to your argument.
If you can show me any verses in the Holy Bible that say that fags are to be loved, then I'll eat my hat.

What the Bible says about Homosexuality:

Quote:
Lev.18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Lev.20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Rom.1:26-27
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature. And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.


Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
discovery institute, evolution: darwin spits on god, history, i love list threads!!!!, public school, question for science

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Find Additional Forums Here



Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved