Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > False Religions and Cults
Reload this Page Beware telepathic communication!
False Religions and Cults Catholics, Wiccans, Lutherans, Satanists, Mormons, and more!

(#21)
Old
Unsaved trash
Current Status: Driving the Short Bus

Rides the Short Bus

Palmer C. Eldrich has bribed people to get these reputation points.Palmer C. Eldrich has bribed people to get these reputation points.Palmer C. Eldrich has bribed people to get these reputation points.Palmer C. Eldrich has bribed people to get these reputation points.Palmer C. Eldrich has bribed people to get these reputation points.Palmer C. Eldrich has bribed people to get these reputation points.Palmer C. Eldrich has bribed people to get these reputation points.Palmer C. Eldrich has bribed people to get these reputation points.Palmer C. Eldrich has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Beware telepathic communication! - 03-17-2008, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
I have two questions for you.

1. Are you a homer?

No, are you? I assume you are referring to homosexual? Can't you type right? Just because I am an artist you think I'm a fag?

2. I don't see any pictures of Jesus in there.

I'm not a Jesus artist.

3. Are you on the drugs? That would explain all this wild crazy dream talk.

I've done drugs, and yes, they can lead you to a higher state of conciousness. Still, these are the things I see, so I draw them.

Things are going to get worse before they get better.
(#22)
Old
Unsaved trash

StarrKingGrad is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.StarrKingGrad is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.StarrKingGrad is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.StarrKingGrad is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Beware telepathic communication! - 03-18-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer C. Eldrich View Post
Astral projection is a widely reported phenomenon, and is no way related to the devil. Devil? Are you serious? Probably a lot of people would consider their astral trip closer to a divine experience. You religious fundamentals just attack anything you don't understand. I'm sure if you learned more about astral projection you wouldn't be so against it.
What a breath of fresh air! I astrally projected the first time last week, with some of the members of my Unitarian Universalist congregation. We saw dolphins swimming in the ocean, aliens from a civilization far advanced from our own, the Battle of Waterloo (I never want to see bloodshed like that again), a glimpse of humanity far in the future (good news! our descendents will have a bright future, one without war or poverty), things that just blew my mind.

Quote:
Well, I guess I don't have any proof or evidence of astral projection. It's just something I've experienced, so I guess I believe in it. It's not a religion or anything, it's just a type of experience.
That's the best proof of all! If only the True Christians would at least try to expand their minds, think of what they could accomplish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyD View Post
Reading this nonsense is making me tired! These dreams of yours have nothing to do with "astral projection", and even less with the topic of this thread -- telepathic communication.
I've never read anyone's mind, but some of the pagans in my congregation are remarkably good at discerning people's thoughts. Tell the truth, it gets a little creepy at times, but it's way, way cool.

Quote:
Incidentally, Dreamboy, were you aware that this is a Christian Church forum?
Well, now, that all depends on how you define Christian.

Quote:
Sorry for wasting your time. I think this subject is really interesting. I was reading about telekenesis when I thought about this.
You're not wasting their time, Palmer. Landover needs to open its eyes to new experiences, and new, non-linear, non-causal ways of knowing. All of creation is linked by a web, and I belive that those who practice telekinesis, astral projection, telepathy, and the rest are merely using untapped resources in their brains to tap into that web.

Quote:
You don't think that a Christian would be able to experience something like this?
An enlightened Christian, open to new experiences, can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
I have two questions for you. 1. Are you a homer?
What a shock. Mention Catholics, dancers, artists, jewelers (doubly damned as gay and as Jews), hairdressers, or actors, and somebody at Landover will chime in with a comment about homosexuality. Well, True Christians, there are a lot of Catholics, dancers, artists, jewelers, hairdressers, and actors who are homosexual. There are a lot of virtually every group that are homosexual. There are even homosexual members of the Landover Baptist Church (yes, I have been in touch with some of them, and no, my lips are sealed). There are homosexuals everywhere! Some of them can even astrally project! Isn't it wonderful?

...as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14 (emphasis mine)
(#23)
Old
On Probation

Sionisx2 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Beware telepathic communication! - 03-19-2008, 12:44 AM

I've been absent from Landover for awhile because I just wanted to take a break, and upon reading this thread I just wanted to get my two cents in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrKingGrad View Post
What a shock. Mention Catholics, dancers, artists, jewelers (doubly damned as gay and as Jews), hairdressers, or actors, and somebody at Landover will chime in with a comment about homosexuality. Well, True Christians, there are a lot of Catholics, dancers, artists, jewelers, hairdressers, and actors who are homosexual. There are a lot of virtually every group that are homosexual. There are even homosexual members of the Landover Baptist Church (yes, I have been in touch with some of them, and no, my lips are sealed). There are homosexuals everywhere! Some of them can even astrally project! Isn't it wonderful?

You'd be surprised at what gets tossed around on these forums, any developing technology (e.g. nano-tech) and modular tech are shunned on, people fear what they don't understand (appears to be the case, anyway).

Really though, what do you think Landover...ians? would've thought of electricity when it was being developed? (had Landover been founded before that invention) Probably the same viewpoints some of you have now on today's developing tech.

Just so no one gets the wrong ideas, I detest astral projection.
(#24)
Old
Unsaved trash

Rides the Short Bus

Palmer C. Eldrich has bribed people to get these reputation points.Palmer C. Eldrich has bribed people to get these reputation points.Palmer C. Eldrich has bribed people to get these reputation points.Palmer C. Eldrich has bribed people to get these reputation points.Palmer C. Eldrich has bribed people to get these reputation points.Palmer C. Eldrich has bribed people to get these reputation points.Palmer C. Eldrich has bribed people to get these reputation points.Palmer C. Eldrich has bribed people to get these reputation points.Palmer C. Eldrich has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Beware telepathic communication! - 03-19-2008, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sionisx2 View Post

What is it that you hate about this experience? If you suddenly found yourself experiencing it would you detest yourself?

Once I had an experience where I was out-of-body and was able to travel around the world and have an encounter with a friend from another country who is also able to experience astral travel. It was short lived, but invigorating, and later when we wrote to each other we were able to confirm the experience was shared. It was difficult to comprehend, that's why it seems so mystical.

It's really tough to study this phenomena other than from anecdotal accounts, so I expect you to be incredulous, but that doesn't disprove these experiences I and others share.

How do you know that when you're dreaming that you're not sharing your dream state with other co-dreamers?

(#25)
Old
Honorary True Christian™
Sweet Placid Sister
Forum Member

One Year/1000 posts Ribfest '09 Saved 1 Year Christian Love Real American™ True Christian Lady

JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Beware telepathic communication! - 03-19-2008, 01:28 AM

Quote:
What is it that you hate about this experience? If you suddenly found yourself experiencing it would you detest yourself?
You're truly an imbecile.

I detest the experience of washing my car. That doesn't mean I detest MYSELF while I wash my car!

www.palibandaily.com - Your Christian News Source
Huckabee/Palin Gingrich 2012 will reclaim America for Christ! PRAISE!

Christian Ladies:
Savor your separation in style at the Monthly Visitor!
(#26)
Old
Unsaved trash

Rides the Short Bus

Question Re: Beware telepathic communication! - 03-19-2008, 01:39 AM

Quote:
You're truly an imbecile.

I detest the experience of washing my car. That doesn't mean I detest MYSELF while I wash my car!

He didn't state that he hated astral travel, he was implying that people who promote it should be shunned.

You have stated that you hate homosexuals, right? If you found yourself in a homosexual situation, would you hate yourself?

(#27)
Old
Honorary True Christian™
Sweet Placid Sister
Forum Member

One Year/1000 posts Ribfest '09 Saved 1 Year Christian Love Real American™ True Christian Lady

JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.JennyD is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Beware telepathic communication! - 03-19-2008, 01:50 AM

Quote:
He didn't state that he hated astral travel, he was implying that people who promote it should be shunned.
Really?
Quote:
Quote:
You have stated that you hate homosexuals, right? If you found yourself in a homosexual situation, would you hate yourself?
No, I haven't. In fact, I've stated the exact opposite.

It's a shame you're not half as clever as you like to think you are . . . if you were, you might be qualified for use as a doorstop.

www.palibandaily.com - Your Christian News Source
Huckabee/Palin Gingrich 2012 will reclaim America for Christ! PRAISE!

Christian Ladies:
Savor your separation in style at the Monthly Visitor!
(#28)
Old
On Probation

Sionisx2 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Beware telepathic communication! - 03-19-2008, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Really?

if you were, you might be qualified for use as a doorstop.
I'm ashamed Sister JennyD! How dare you get his hopes by suggesting one day he may be useful enough to be a doorstop? *chuckle* Next thing you know he's going to retort by posting how successful he is at life and his abundant material possessions.
(#29)
Old
Ladies of Landover Senior VP
One of the Truest Christians™ Ever
Mama Grizzly and formerly Sister Mary Maria
True Christian™

Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 3rd class Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Christian Love Real American™ Cleanest Kitchen True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ Platinum Tither Ribfest '07 True Christian Homemaker Ex-Mary Worshipper Best stoning bucket Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS TC Bravery Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Friend of Jesus Most Obedient Mrs. Sarah Palin Lady of the Year 2010 Flat Earth Mission to Australia Mama Grizzly Persecuted Pro-Life The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Batman Shooting Survivor Guns, Guts and GLORY! Kirk Cameron Fan Club The Lord’s Witness Wound Early riser Proud Niglet Sponsorer Home Schooled Jailed for JESUS Paula Deen Negro Support Group Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years

Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Beware telepathic communication! - 03-19-2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:
I've been absent from Landover for awhile because I just wanted to take a break, and upon reading this thread I just wanted to get my two cents in.
And thank You, Jesus, that You brought this soul back home safe. I noticed you were gone, Sionis, and was worried that you were being held in Thailand, doped up on opium, and rented out to filthy sex tourists from Germany. I'm happy to see this didn't happen.

Posted via Prayer

1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

Blogging for CHRIST!
Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
All a-Twitter for Salvation!
Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
My Ladies of Landover profile!
(#30)
Old
On Probation

Default Re: Beware telepathic communication! - 03-19-2008, 02:28 AM

While that would be quite the experience (albeit horrible) That is indeed not the case. (Doesn't Germany have a lot of couples that "swing"? or is that France... ) In any case, work and college took up most of my previous online time, but now I'm back so... yeah. Enjoy my antics
(#31)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

True Christian™ One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Christian Love TC Bravery Real American™ Gold Tither Saved 10 Years Long service medal, 1st class Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture Super Soaker Baptism Award True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Persecuted

Location: Oregon. I'm not going to tell you any more than that.
One-eyed Jack has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureOne-eyed Jack has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureOne-eyed Jack has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureOne-eyed Jack has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureOne-eyed Jack has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureOne-eyed Jack has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureOne-eyed Jack has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureOne-eyed Jack has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureOne-eyed Jack has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureOne-eyed Jack has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureOne-eyed Jack has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Beware telepathic communication! - 03-19-2008, 02:36 AM

A few thoughts for Eldritch:

One can usefully separate experiences and perceptions into two categories:

1. Objective, consensual reality. Things that are verifiable by any observer fall into this category. Anyone can test the effects of gravity, for instance, or the melting point of ice. And all honest testers will find that their observations agree quite well.

2. Subjective, internal reality. Concepts like beauty and experiences like dreams are subjective. They're internal. Everyone does not agree about what is beautiful, and as for your dreams, I cannot perceive them at all. The are not verifiable for all observers.

I suggest that your experiences with lucid dreaming and astral projection are subjective. But what many people mean when they say something is "real" is that it exists in objective, consensual reality. This is a loose, general term, but a useful one. In this sense astral projection "is not real."

(One can logically claim that nothing is objectively real, since my only perception of other observers must itself come into my mind, and hence could be purely subjective. I could be dreaming that other people exist, and that their tests of the melting point of ice agree with mine. In that sense everything could be a dream. But we don't act that way, and we don't really believe that way.)

Now, as far as telekinesis, what is being claimed is that the mind is capable of generating real -- that is, objectively observable, scientifically verifiable -- forces similar to the kinetic forces generated by muscles or by electromagnetic coils. I have whopping big problems with this.

First, there have been no convincing scientific verification of any such a thing. James Randi has offered a large prize for anyone who can demonstrate it, and no one has claimed the prize.

Second, there is no physical mechanism in the brain that suggests it can generate such forces. This kind of thing is not all that mysterious. Just about the only physical force that could plausibly produce telekinesis is electromagnetism, and the human brain is simply not set up to produce external electromagnetic fields capable of moving large objects.

There's nothing to suggest that telekinesis has ever worked, and nothing to suggest our minds could produce the kind of force to make it work. It may be fun to imagine, but I think it will forever remain imaginary -- in the realm of the subjective, internal, dreaming reality.

----

The LORD GOD is the sole worker of miracles! NOTHING that is supernatural cometh from any source but His mighty and INSCRUTABLE provenance.

It is HE who stirs the squid, and troubles the sea through which whales ferry their vast unhuman souls. It is HIS miraculous touch which makes the duck to molt, and turns the season to the Day of the Locust.

If there be dearth in the land, if there be pestilence, if there be blasting, or mildew, locusts, or caterpillers; if their enemies besiege them in the cities of their land; whatsoever sore or whatsoever sickness there be:

Then hear thou from the heavens, even from thy dwelling place, and do according to all that the stranger calleth to thee for; that all people of the earth may know thy name, and fear thee, as doth thy people Israel, and may know that this house which I have built is called by thy name. 2 Chronicles 6:29,33

His alone is the power to turn pure thought to thunderbolts, or -- by merely willing it be so -- to cause a mighty pangolin to ravage a breadfruit. Doth not the sloth in its time conceive His wonders, and the hyrax portend His glory? Verily!

Amen! AMEN!

~~ OEJ
(#32)
Old
Municipal Code Archivist - Deuteronomy 28:58
Christ's Guardian
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year True Christian™ True Christian Provider™ award Ribfest '07 Christian Love Tin Tither Real American™ Cleanest Kitchen Mission to Australia Heaven Bound Tagging for Jesus Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award True Christian Hotrodder Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian True Christian Nerd TC Bravery Ex-liberal Ex-Christ-Killer Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Saved 5 Years Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life 20,000 posts Eats the Most Pork True Republican Divorcee Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Early riser Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Kirk Cameron Fan Club Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus Grammar Nazi Pancake Dinner Anti-sodomy Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Cup of Jesus Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years

Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Nobar King will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Beware telepathic communication! - 03-31-2008, 03:23 PM

I'm not sure this is telekenesis, but it does involve your ipod and your brain's 'waves'.

Quote:
Orange Dream’s Cyber MC: Brainwash Your Way To A Better Life

There are numerous ways to lose weight or quit smoking, but most of those dated methods require will power and a desire for self improvement. Orange Dream has a new approach for the person that would rather spend money then exert effort. The Korean companies new Cyber MC glasses aim to help improve your education, loss weight, quit smoking, and relieve stress. If all else fails you can also play games with the glasses.

Details are still thin on how exactly these glasses take advantage of your ‘brain waves’, but it looks as if they flash images in an Orwellian brainwashing fashion.

May you be a blessing to every life you touch.