Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Bible Study > Favorite Bible Verses
Reload this Page Would you know my name if I saw you in heaven? No, you wouldn't.
Favorite Bible Verses Brother Harry's Bible Study and more!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#1)
Old
Preserving Freehold's dead for Christ's return

Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Heaven Bound Friend of Jesus Christian Love True Christian™ 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College TC Bravery Ready for the Rapture Real American™ Early riser Ex-eurotrash The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus BFF of Jesus Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Alternative Facts Saved 1 Year Proud Team Fortress Denier

Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Alan Swallows will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Would you know my name if I saw you in heaven? No, you wouldn't. - 10-07-2018, 02:04 PM

In the song "Tears in Heaven," Eric Clapton asks, "Would you know my name if I saw you in heaven?" The song betrays Clapton's lack of Bible knowledge in two ways. First, Clapton will not be going to heaven unless he accepts Jesus Christ as His Lord and Savior (and his son, who inspired the song, probably went to hell anyway). And second, we won't know each other's names in heaven.

For my daily devotional this morning I read Revelation 2:17 - He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. This is a beautiful verse. It promises that those of us who overcome this world and the flesh will be rewarded with a new name, a secret name. I don't know how we will communicate with each other in heaven if we don't know each other's names. "Hey you in the white robe!" But I'm sure God's got it all figured out.

So to answer Clapton's question, "Would you know my name if I saw you in heaven?" No, you wouldn't.

It's hard to imagine having a better name than Alan Swallows, so whatever God's got in store for me must be really good. I wonder what kind of names we'll be given? What do people think?