Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Bible Study > Teaching His Word
Reload this Page The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1-5)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#20)
Old
Unsaved trash

Cherry-picker Fluffy bunny

epignosis is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1- - 04-14-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Disciple View Post
There are quite a few Passages you are overlooking:

Ephesians 4:30:
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

2 Corinthians 1:22:

Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

We are sealed by the Holy Spirit of God "unto the day of redemption." It protects us from falling away again.

John 10:28-29:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

No man is able to "pluck us from Jesus' hand" once Jesus gave us eternal life.

Romans 8:38-39:
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

There is nothing on this world that can separate us from Jesus' Love, once we have accepted Him as our Lord and Savior.

Romans 11:29:

For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

If God called you to be Saved™, you are Saved™, because God doesn't repent about that.

Philippians 1:6:
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

God will finish the Work He has begun in us until the last of days. He will prevent us from falling away.

1 Peter 1:5:
Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Again, it is God who makes sure that we keep believing in Him and are Saved™. To say that Saved™ people can fall away again is to deny God's Power to keep us from doing so.

So you see, once a person is Saved™, God will make sure that that person remains Saved™. Are you doubting His Almighty Power?

Yes you are correct here. There are "sealed" ones.

Revelation 7:3-17 (King James Version)

3Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

4And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

9After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

So these verses are talking about a sealed number. ( verse 4)
But in verse 9 there is another group which is larger and that does not have a specific number attached to it. But is much larger than the sealed group.
So there is 2 distinct groups here.