This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tolerance

One of the most common criticisms of True Christianity™ by hellbound trash is that we True Christians™ aren't tolerant. Phony-baloney liberal "Christians" seem to be under the delusion that the Bible commands tolerance. If they actually pulled the shrink wrap off of their Bibles, they would know that the exact opposite is true.

Here is what both the Old and New Testaments say about tolerance for sin:

Ezekiel 33:8-9: When I say unto the wicked, O wicked [man], thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked [man] shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

Revelation 2:1-6: Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. Nevertheless I have [somewhat] against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

These Scripture passages do speak of tolerance, but they don't exactly identify it as a virtue, do they?

Yes, there is a place for Christian love. But keep in mind that true Christian love does not tolerate sin, but instead motivates us to lead people away from it:

Galatians 6:1: Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

James 5:19-20: Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Finally, some hippy-dippy liberal "Christians" say that the New Testament calls us to be more tolerant than the Old Testament did. Then let them explain this:

Acts 17:30-31: And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by [that] man whom he hath ordained; [whereof] he hath given assurance unto all [men], in that he hath raised him from the dead.
    This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

Questions to ask liberal "Christians"Things that the Bible doesn't sayTolerance

sigpic

Re: Tolerance

Well your NOT really toleratant, MSTT love!! In fact, most are INtolerant and overflowing with SELF RIGHTEOUS JUDGEMENTS and ASSumptions!! Someone comes here and you people immediately jump on them and begin making all sorts of UNFOUNDED ASSumptions calling them, usually, HOMERS. I must say, love, I've never been in the midst of soooo many HOMOPHOBIC people. Perhaps, love, if true xtians were a BIT MORE tolerant without the ASSuming and judgements things MIGHT go a bit better for EVERYONE involved. What do you think MSTT love?

Twink
    "I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania."

"Don't dream it...BE IT!"

Comment

Originally posted by TwinkBoy View Post
      Well your NOT really toleratant, MSTT love!! In fact, most are INtolerant and overflowing with SELF RIGHTEOUS JUDGEMENTS and ASSumptions!! Someone comes here and you people immediately jump on them and begin making all sorts of UNFOUNDED ASSumptions calling them, usually, HOMERS. I must say, love, I've never been in the midst of soooo many HOMOPHOBIC people. Perhaps, love, if true xtians were a BIT MORE tolerant without the ASSuming and judgements things MIGHT go a bit better for EVERYONE involved. What do you think MSTT love?

Twink
      God hates homers, and those who wear the clothes of the opposite sex, and commands us to stone them. You've been repeatedly shown the verses which so direct us. Why must you belabor the point ad nauseam? Talk to God about His rules if you don't like them.

You're boring and witless, and on the verge of an infraction for so being. Really.

Comment

What do you think MSTT love?
        First, I think you should stop calling me "love" unless you mean it in Christian love, which I doubt. Second, I think that it is you who are intolerant of Jesus. What did He ever do to you, other than provide a way for you to escape eternal damnation? Almighty God temporarily sacrificed Himself to Himself to avert His own wrath, and He did it all so that you could be saved. Does that mean nothing to you?
        This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

Questions to ask liberal "Christians"Things that the Bible doesn't sayTolerance

sigpic

Comment

Twink
          I tend to IGNORE your VILE and SINFUL posts, "love", but I have to say YOU make it EASY by making it HARD to read your TRASH, "love".
          Posted via Prayer

1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
          Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

Blogging for CHRIST!
          Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
          All a-Twitter for Salvation!
          Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
          On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
          My Ladies of Landover profile!

Comment

Twink you are the epitemy of abomination! You are SIN incarnate! God is not intolerant and neither are we as True Christians. As posted previously, God in the form of JESUS died for your sins so his WRATH would be averted and you had better thank JESUS for that because otherwise you (and everyone like you) would be feeling the WRATH OF THE LORD right now!
            Evangelist for Jesus and The Word!!

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." Matthew 7:15

"Prayer should be your first resource. Not your last resort!!"

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourKnees View Post
              God hates homers, and those who wear the clothes of the opposite sex, and commands us to stone them. You've been repeatedly shown the verses which so direct us. Why must you belabor the point ad nauseam? Talk to God about His rules if you don't like them.

You're boring and witless, and on the verge of an infraction for so being. Really.
              Except that he's not defending homosexuality, he's saying that it's wrong to assume someone is homosexual for no good reason, which he also claims (I haven't read enough of these forums to know) you are doing.

Now, can someone please actually respond to the intent of his post instead of simply side-stepping the issue and attacking him?

Comment

Originally posted by Mirior View Post
                Except that he's not defending homosexuality, he's saying that it's wrong to assume someone is homosexual for no good reason, which he also claims (I haven't read enough of these forums to know) you are doing.
                He's a man wearing makeup; fishnet stockings and lingerie. How are we supposed to not assume? Do you want us to wait until he posts a video of himself sodomizing a young child?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaner View Post
                  He's a man wearing makeup; fishnet stockings and lingerie. How are we supposed to not assume? Do you want us to wait until he posts a video of himself sodomizing a young child?
                  Go ahead and assume about him. But the impression I got from his quote as that assumptions are made about many people, not just him. If I'm wrong about this, please tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirior
                    Go ahead and assume about him. But the impression I got from his quote as that assumptions are made about many people, not just him. If I'm wrong about this, please tell me.
                    Assumptions seem to be commonplace around here.

Comment

Your passages neither condone tolerance nor prohibit it. Therefore, I choose tolerance. Tolerance does NOT mean that you don't warn others. It simply means I won't demand that you do things my way to get the same results. Hey, if it works, it works. Who cares how you get there?

Comment

Originally posted by cornyjohn View Post
                        Your passages neither condone tolerance nor prohibit it. Therefore, I choose tolerance. Tolerance does NOT mean that you don't warn others. It simply means I won't demand that you do things my way to get the same results. Hey, if it works, it works. Who cares how you get there?
                        Yes, if it works it works, but sadly most variants of modern "Christianity" completely and utterly FAIL at even pretending to follow God's word! We don't care how you get to Heaven, but we do care about making sure people don't get to Hell instead!
                        O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.

Comment

Joshjg, your topic has been moved to its own thread, here.
                          Upon request I will cite scripture for all these facts in God's Holy Word.

✝ This is a Christian community and we worship GOD of the Holy bible, the only Living GOD. We worship Jesus Christ, Son of GOD and Savior. Anything else is absurd. ✝
                          Trump / Arpaio 2016 -- The Government We Deserve
                          #ChristianLivesMatter

sigpic

Comment

not to sound like im whining or anything but i dont think that i have been shown any tolerance since ive been on this site. Im Pagan and I know how christians feel about other religions but you are supposed to hate the actions not the person right?

I came here to try to find my way back to God but all you people do is call me gay (when im not) yell saying that im going to hell(i know this calm down a bit) and make me feel unwelcome and that there is no chance of Jesus Christ ever accepting me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leper Troll View Post
                              not to sound like im whining or anything but i dont think that i have been shown any tolerance since ive been on this site. Im Pagan and I know how christians feel about other religions but you are supposed to hate the actions not the person right?

I came here to try to find my way back to God but all you people do is call me gay (when im not) yell saying that im going to hell(i know this calm down a bit) and make me feel unwelcome and that there is no chance of Jesus Christ ever accepting me.
                              JESUS hates cry babies.

And you ARE whining.
                              sigpic

Tweet me Here
                              My GODLY Bio Here

Comment

Working...
                              X