X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DEUTERONOMY 22:28 If a woman is raped, she MUST marry her rapist.

im not aboriginal .... so this is awkward for you and you spelt australia wrong
    A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back. Proverbs 26:3

Comment

• Originally posted by sane_beleiver View Post
      i just would like to know what abo is short for in my country its short for aboriginal. legitemtly curious
      Have you not answered your own question? I assume it was a question (even lacking the correct questionation for the clause).

Either you are an abo or a dirty convict. No one from Austria is free of a distinct lack of decency (and hygiene, I'm told).

Jesus is with me.
      Posted via Mobile Device
      1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Comment

I talked about the changes Jesus made, like:

Divorce:
        Mark 10:4-12 and Matthew 19:3-9

Sabbath:
        Mark 2:24-28

In Matthew 19:4-8 Jesus compares the law God gave to Moses for the people with hard hearts and another higher law. Matthew 5:18 is about this higher law, the eternal law for the children of God and not for the people with hard hearts.

And I believe in everything the bible teaches!!!
        John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenz View Post
          I talked about the changes Jesus made, like:

Divorce:
          Mark 10:4-12 and Matthew 19:3-9

Sabbath:
          Mark 2:24-28

In Matthew 19:4-8 Jesus compares the law God gave to Moses for the people with hard hearts and another higher law. Matthew 5:18 is about this higher law, the eternal law for the children of God and not for the people with hard hearts.

And I believe in everything the bible teaches!!!
          I see. Jesus specifically mentioned divorce and overturning the Sabbath commandment, but He said nothing about changing the rules to marrying the person who may have impregnated a woman he raped. In your mind it means that rule was set aside even though Jesus never mentions it.

What else did Jesus overturn through His silence? What about the rules against bestiality? Did Jesus say bestiality was okay by saying nothing about it?
          Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

Does this mean a man should marry his rapist? Oh wait-that wouldnl be gay....and we ALL know being gay is MUCH worse than being a rapist.....its people like you that keep the foster care system packed with fresh souls....better to have an unwanted unplanned ( because she was RAPED)-this also violates the love thy neighbor commandment and is also against the virtues charity and chastity....Matthew 5:43 "Love thy neighbor as thyself" and let's not forget "thou shall not commit adultery " the Bible does not condone sexton outside of marriage...and that whole 50 sheckles thing says the rapist has to PAY for the woman's care the rest of her life...it doesn't say MARRY!

Comment

Originally posted by Magdalene415 View Post
              Does this mean a man should marry his rapist? Oh wait-that wouldnl be gay....and we ALL know being gay is MUCH worse than being a rapist.....its people like you that keep the foster care system packed with fresh souls....better to have an unwanted unplanned ( because she was RAPED)-this also violates the love thy neighbor commandment and is also against the virtues charity and chastity....Matthew 5:43 "Love thy neighbor as thyself" and let's not forget "thou shall not commit adultery " the Bible does not condone sexton outside of marriage...and that whole 50 sheckles thing says the rapist has to PAY for the woman's care the rest of her life...it doesn't say MARRY!
              28If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
              29Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

Can you read?

YIC

Jack
              Genesis 22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

sigpic

I know God wouldn't let me believe in Him if He didn't exist.

Comment

I'm sorry but I literally can't stop being in awe at this, you guys truly speak with the Holy Spirit!
                Ecclesiastes 4:5 The fool foldeth his hands together, and eateth his own flesh.

Comment

Does anyone have a conversion factor for 50 shekels to God-inscribed sacred dollars? Wanted to have the figure ready in case this comes up in casual conversation or in a back seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lillian View Post
                    I'm sorry but I literally can't stop being in awe at this, you guys truly speak with the Holy Spirit!
                    You could join us, Lillian. Jesus would probably heal your disease, too!
                    Originally posted by bevo_with_hair View Post
                    Does anyone have a conversion factor for 50 shekels to God-inscribed sacred dollars? Wanted to have the figure ready in case this comes up in casual conversation or in a back seat.
                    Click here.
                    Bible boring? Nonsense!
                    Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
                    You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

my Lord! That is pricey, anywhere from $400 to $4000 depending on your source. He certainly knew the price point to discourage rape as a means to win the heart of young lady for me. Camels and needles, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post
                        I see. Jesus specifically mentioned divorce and overturning the Sabbath commandment, but He said nothing about changing the rules to marrying the person who may have impregnated a woman he raped. In your mind it means that rule was set aside even though Jesus never mentions it.

What else did Jesus overturn through His silence? What about the rules against bestiality? Did Jesus say bestiality was okay by saying nothing about it?
                        I see your point, but the New Testament also confirmed a lot of Old Testament laws.
                        The logic to say, that if something is not stated as a sin it is allowed, is unbiblical because the bible did not say everything is allowed except the named sins. In fact some things are explicit allowed, so I could say everything is forbidden except the allowed things, what is of curse wrong.
                        The conclusion: The laws that are not mentioned are not revealed to be allowed or forbidden, we just do not know. But I think the New Testament can tell what is sin and what not.
                        John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenz View Post
                          I see your point, but the New Testament also confirmed a lot of Old Testament laws.
                          The logic to say, that if something is not stated as a sin it is allowed, is unbiblical because the bible did not say everything is allowed except the named sins. In fact some things are explicit allowed, so I could say everything is forbidden except the allowed things, what is of curse wrong.
                          The conclusion: The laws that are not mentioned are not revealed to be allowed or forbidden, we just do not know. But I think the New Testament can tell what is sin and what not.
                          You are an idiot and in all that rambling said and then unsaid what you were trying to say.

The Bible authorizes in three ways (here are just a few examples)...

Direct Command: "He that lieth with mankind as with womankind shall surely be put to death." (Leviticus 18:22) From this, we learn the need to kill homosexuals.

Example: "And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight." (Acts 20:7) From this, we learn to attend church on the first day of the week.

Implication: "22. If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. 23. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life. 24. Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot" (Exodus 21:22-24) From this, we learn that abortion is wrong.

Every verse in the entire Bible can be arranged to in some way authorize us to act as we know that God wants us to act.

Pastor Ed

Comment

The bible was never intended to be the only source of truth; the Sacred Tradition is needed to interpret the Bible correct.
                            I do:
                            Credo in unam sanctam catholicam et apostolicam Ecclesiam.

But this site is just a follower of God anyway!!
                            Last edited by James Hutchins; 05-03-2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

I have a question about this. I'm sure its obvious to the True Christians, but if someone could help me out it'd be greatly appreciated.

Rape is illegal (here at least). What if a woman got raped but, fearing secular punishment, the man fled the scene and the police were unable to find him. That is to say, the woman is willing and knows God's laws but the man is not and is, in fact. unknown. What would be the protocol in that situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine Moore View Post
                                I have a question about this. I'm sure its obvious to the True Christians, but if someone could help me out it'd be greatly appreciated.

Rape is illegal (here at least). What if a woman got raped but, fearing secular punishment, the man fled the scene and the police were unable to find him. That is to say, the woman is willing and knows God's laws but the man is not and is, in fact. unknown. What would be the protocol in that situation?
                                Read the Bible - the answer is there
                                Genesis 7:5
                                And Noah did according unto all that the LORD commanded him.

John 8:32
                                And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X