X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice on Spinning

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
    As if in response to your post New Zealand (where that pedal-spinning-wheel in the linked video was made) introduces sodomist weddings for all sexes including a comment that if it's now OK for 2 women to get married, why not 3 women? and the spokes"person" replied that there was no reason. I will not be reading their act of patliament to check the wording.

However perhaps it might be better to avoid the spinning wheel I've been rather clumsy this week and concentrate on sewing. I have a cool early model here and some nice material.

The 1888 model is better, but they're getting hard to find now (nobody wants to sell them). I've had this one all my life and learned to sew on it when I was 4, it has all the attachments and can do just about anything a modern machine will do. Some people put electric motors on them but I prefer the treadle, more control over the action. I've made a reversible baby wrap cerise on one side for a girl and electric blue (with tortoises and spots) on the otherside for a boy. There's a purple chiffon belt thing with silver threads too. Sadly the material shop has burned down. I get quite excited when choosing patterns and sewing them up, but there's another shop in the city.

This is an American sewing machine. I think it should be safe to use.

Interestingly, concerning the recent news, I still have some Falkland Islands wool here if anyone would like some, it's not ideal for hand spinning though. Not too bad mixed with a rare breed such as Jacob's sheep.
    Oooh vintage singer! I just received a little modern singer a while back. But you have to be very careful to only use ONE leg on them old heavy foot pedals, no matter how tiresome. Otherwise thighs will rub and....lets just say there was a reason they were banned from all-female factories back in the day.
    But he answered and said, it is not right to take the children's bread and cast it to the dogs. (Matthew 15:26)

Comment

There is another lovely dye for a boy, called ultramarine. As far as I know it does not come from France and has nothing to do with neo-pagan priestess cults (or whatever those nitwits think they're doing in the forest) so hopefully The Pastors will be happier with this product for the sons of The Church. It's made from lapis lazuli.

Comment

As if in response to your post New Zealand (where that pedal-spinning-wheel in the linked video was made) introduces sodomist weddings for all sexes including a comment that if it's now OK for 2 women to get married, why not 3 women? and the spokes"person" replied that there was no reason. I will not be reading their act of patliament to check the wording.

However perhaps it might be better to avoid the spinning wheel I've been rather clumsy this week and concentrate on sewing. I have a cool early model here and some nice material.

The 1888 model is better, but they're getting hard to find now (nobody wants to sell them). I've had this one all my life and learned to sew on it when I was 4, it has all the attachments and can do just about anything a modern machine will do. Some people put electric motors on them but I prefer the treadle, more control over the action. I've made a reversible baby wrap cerise on one side for a girl and electric blue (with tortoises and spots) on the otherside for a boy. There's a purple chiffon belt thing with silver threads too. Sadly the material shop has burned down. I get quite excited when choosing patterns and sewing them up, but there's another shop in the city.

This is an American sewing machine. I think it should be safe to use.

Interestingly, concerning the recent news, I still have some Falkland Islands wool here if anyone would like some, it's not ideal for hand spinning though. Not too bad mixed with a rare breed such as Jacob's sheep.
        So should I drop spinning and solely focus on sewing (And the Lord of course )? It isn't long before my birth, I want to keep Satan as far as possible from my little ones.
        YIC
        Mary Thompson.
        Thinking of Abortion?
        That fetus will be in Hell, because they never had a chance to repent their sinful ways (Psalms 51:5) (1 Kings 8:46)
        Think of the children. Stop being a slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Thompson View Post
          So should I drop spinning and solely focus on sewing (And the Lord of course )? It isn't long before my birth, I want to keep Satan as far as possible from my little ones.
          YIC
          Mary Thompson.
          Your babies are already brim full of sin. As you will recall it was in sin that you conceived your twins and as they take shape in you—or in iniquity, which is the same thing—they are soaking up that very iniquity through the pores of their skin. Even King David, certainly a Godly man, knew this about himself. When vile Bathsheba started parading herself in that bathtub outside his window on the roof in the sun all covered with bubbles he sinned, yes. But sinned because of his mother. God recalls King David's words when Nathan the prophet came unto him, (after he had gone in to Bathsheba).
          PSALM 51
          Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
          3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
          Where did this iniquity come from?
          From the mother:
          5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
          KJV

Do you imagine that whether God has predestined your twins to everlasting delight in Heaven praising Jesus or to torment and suffering beyond our ability to comprehend, searing pain over and over and over again, anguish, grief, remorse, wailing and grinding of the lower jaw to such an extent against the upper that the whole teeth are gnashed to shards with smoke belching from them forever and ever—a status that is already branded indelibly upon them, whichever one it is, and has been branded upon them from before the beginning of time—will be influenced by your choice of spinning wheel?

As long as you don't do any heavy plying it should be possible to use only one leg but Jesus does have a suggestion, more of a Commandment really, concerning what to do if you are troubled by a surplus hand or foot Matthew 18:8 however that will have no impact on the fate of your little ones.

Now that the material shop has burned down, I am having trouble finding a cerise belt/wrap/tie thing for this - see, I've looped the blue one over the coat hanger for the boy and there's buttons at the bottom and a loop to adjust it it's a sort of overcoat/wrap, reversible boy/girl thing and just when I went to get the girl's belt the fire was.

Spinning is quite relaxing in the cooler weather by the fire. I can't see a problem.

Comment

Your babies are already brim full of sin. As you will recall it was in sin that you conceived your twins and as they take shape in you—or in iniquity, which is the same thing—they are soaking up that very iniquity through the pores of their skin. Even King David, certainly a Godly man, knew this about himself. When vile Bathsheba started parading herself in that bathtub outside his window on the roof in the sun all covered with bubbles he sinned, yes. But sinned because of his mother. God recalls King David's words when Nathan the prophet came unto him, (after he had gone in to Bathsheba).
            PSALM 51
            2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
            3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
            Where did this iniquity come from?
            From the mother:
            5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
            KJV

Do you imagine that whether God has predestined your twins to everlasting delight in Heaven praising Jesus or to torment and suffering beyond our ability to comprehend, searing pain over and over and over again, anguish, grief, remorse, wailing and grinding of the lower jaw to such an extent against the upper that the whole teeth are gnashed to shards with smoke belching from them forever and ever—a status that is already branded indelibly upon them, whichever one it is, and has been branded upon them from before the beginning of time—will be influenced by your choice of spinning wheel?

As long as you don't do any heavy plying it should be possible to use only one leg but Jesus does have a suggestion, more of a Commandment really, concerning what to do if you are troubled by a surplus hand or foot Matthew 18:8 however that will have no impact on the fate of your little ones.

Now that the material shop has burned down, I am having trouble finding a cerise belt/wrap/tie thing for this - see, I've looped the blue one over the coat hanger for the boy and there's buttons at the bottom and a loop to adjust it it's a sort of overcoat/wrap, reversible boy/girl thing and just when I went to get the girl's belt the fire was.

Spinning is quite relaxing in the cooler weather by the fire. I can't see a problem.
            You make me sound rather silly, Miss MitzaLisalor.
            I know that it is not the choice over a spinning wheel will impact whether a child goes to:
            HEAVEN
            or to:
            HELL
            And I know that children are born in sin (Psalms 51: 5), I am just wanting advice so I know I am not going into a demon-infested path, when having children you get instincts to protect them from Satan's evil ways.
            YIC
            Mary Thompson.
            Thinking of Abortion?
            That fetus will be in Hell, because they never had a chance to repent their sinful ways (Psalms 51:5) (1 Kings 8:46)

Comment

a demon-infested path
              Yes Mrs Thompson, it would be a concern. I don't want to contradict a Pastor and do enjoy spinning. Yarns are so expensive to buy but so cheap to make and there might be a compromise. The value is added at the PLYING stage.

If you buy raw wool (to spin) it's no cheaper than buying a single ply yarn, from a commercial supplier. And it's the spinning that's most work, often requiring both legs on the treadle especially when the bobbin's full and you're going fast. It doesn't matter how you price it, but I go by weight.

And there some lovely yarns available. But when you buy 3-ply wool to knit it is quite expensive. A good quality hand knitted jumper is actually rather expensive. Not if you spin the wool yourself, though. So here is the compromise.

Look for single ply yarn supplier (usually for weaving but they'll have other stuff there too, such as cotton slub or woollens of different types) and get a few different textures. Then ply them together on your spinning wheel. 2 ply or 3 ply. It takes no time to do that and you get some really exquisite results to knit at a fraction of the price you'd pay for something like that in a shop even if it were available. Which it isn't.

I must caution you against hell: only ply wool with wool, cotton with cotton, silk with silk etc., to do otherwise is as much an abomination as running off with those woad lesbians but I'm certain you already know that being married to your Godly husband, Mr Thompson.

Have you heard from him?

Comment

Yes Mrs Thompson, it would be a concern. I don't want to contradict a Pastor and do enjoy spinning. Yarns are so expensive to buy but so cheap to make and there might be a compromise. The value is added at the PLYING stage.

If you buy raw wool (to spin) it's no cheaper than buying a single ply yarn, from a commercial supplier. And it's the spinning that's most work, often requiring both legs on the treadle especially when the bobbin's full and you're going fast. It doesn't matter how you price it, but I go by weight.

And there some lovely yarns available. But when you buy 3-ply wool to knit it is quite expensive. A good quality hand knitted jumper is actually rather expensive. Not if you spin the wool yourself, though. So here is the compromise.

Look for single ply yarn supplier (usually for weaving but they'll have other stuff there too, such as cotton slub or woollens of different types) and get a few different textures. Then ply them together on your spinning wheel. 2 ply or 3 ply. It takes no time to do that and you get some really exquisite results to knit at a fraction of the price you'd pay for something like that in a shop even if it were available. Which it isn't.

I must caution you against hell: only ply wool with wool, cotton with cotton, silk with silk etc., to do otherwise is as much an abomination as running off with those woad lesbians but I'm certain you already know that being married to your Godly husband, Mr Thompson.

Have you heard from him?
                Thank you for the exquisite wisdom. I will keep it to mind and whenever in doubt, check back to it! I have heard from my husband, just last night on a phonecall, my husband is having a great time, hunting lots of animals and reciting Bible verses while doing so.
                YIC
                Mary Thompson.
                Thinking of Abortion?

Comment

Thank you for the exquisite wisdom. I will keep it to mind and whenever in doubt, check back to it! I have heard from my husband, just last night on a phonecall, my husband is having a great time, hunting lots of animals and reciting Bible verses while doing so.
                  YIC
                  Mary Thompson.
                  Awww you must have a wonderful husband for him to check up on your silly self while he's out on such a manly trip!
                  Praise be to God for blessing women onto the right men!
                  But he answered and said, it is not right to take the children's bread and cast it to the dogs. (Matthew 15:26)

Comment

Working...
                  X