X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Bacon thread

Originally posted by beamer View Post
    With every bite you take of animal flesh, that is a reflection of the pain and suffering that animal endured to provide a meal on your table.

If you really want to glorify your god, perhaps you should look into some meat alternatives? Allow his beautiful creatures to live on this earth without fear of slaughter.

With Light and Love,
    Beamer
    Next you will be complaining about the pain and suffering plants go through.

Vegetarianism is just an excuse because you cannot afford to eat meat!
    Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
    Proverbs 19:25 Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.
    Ezekiel 16:14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
    Proverbs 6:25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
    Genesis 24:16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.
    Song of Solomon 1:15 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa H View Post
      Next you will be complaining about the pain and suffering plants go through.

Vegetarianism is just an excuse because you cannot afford to eat meat!
      May be she is concerned that we don't get any fiber, that's why the bun was whole wheat
      May be she thinks we need fruit in our diet, if thats the case look at this. Apple pie with bacon.
      Attached Files

Comment

In a way, you are correct. My monetary income is low due to the fact that I have trouble selling my artwork. I feel as though I am wealthy however, mainly because of the love and support of my close friends! Money isn't all that matters in the world, you know.

Comment

In a way, you are correct. My monetary income is low due to the fact that I have trouble selling my artwork. I feel as though I am wealthy however, mainly because of the love and support of my close friends! Money isn't all that matters in the world, you know.
          Who ever said it was. Just because I am loaded does not mean that God loves me more than some of my less than wealthy brothers and sisters. My wealth does however help the Church spread the Word of God.
          Have you ever heard the saying " money can't buy happiness"? Obviously that was said by a poor person.
          Perhaps you should get a real job, have you thought of being a maid?

Comment

If you are having trouble selling your artwork, then you are not selling artwork people want. Have you not heard of supply and demand.
            Proverbs 19:25 Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.
            Ezekiel 16:14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
            Proverbs 6:25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
            Genesis 24:16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.
            Song of Solomon 1:15 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.

Comment

With every bite you take of animal flesh, that is a reflection of the pain and suffering that animal endured to provide a meal on your table.

If you really want to glorify your god, perhaps you should look into some meat alternatives? Allow his beautiful creatures to live on this earth without fear of slaughter.

With Light and Love,
              Beamer
              People who say this usually have never even been on a farm. Animals being kept sickly and tortured is bad for business, hate to break it to you petaphiles but that's the truth. Farm animals are well fed and well cared for, their life is a heck of a lot nicer than if you turned them all loose to become dinner for the local predators. Unfortunately you're kind don't think that far into the future.
              Drama queen

Comment

Originally posted by beaner View Post

With Light and Love,
                Beamer
                God designed the human digestive system to most efficiently extract protein from animal sources, not from plant sources. The human digestive system does not break down cellulose quickly enough to extract adequate protein from plant sources.

Note the dramatically different system a cow has:

See, God designed cows to eat grasses and extract the protein. That's why they have four stomachs, and why they chew the cud (to break it down).

God designed them to concentrate protein for us. Then we eat the cows. We do eat plant foods as well, but since we can't adequately process the cellulose, much of the protein isn't absorbed in our systems.

Yep, it goes out in the poo.

I always find it amazing how the atheists are the most likely to claim that they evolved from lower animals, yet then try not to eat animals . . . thereby denying their own animal nature. Ironic, don't you think?
                Bible boring? Nonsense!
                Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
                You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

Originally posted by BelieverInGod View Post
                  People who say this usually have never even been on a farm. Animals being kept sickly and tortured is bad for business, hate to break it to you petaphiles but that's the truth. Farm animals are well fed and well cared for, their life is a heck of a lot nicer than if you turned them all loose to become dinner for the local predators. Unfortunately you're kind don't think that far into the future.
                  Merry meet, BelieverInGod. I have indeed been on a far...in fact I was raised on one! My family made sure the animals were well cared for. However, as an animal lover, I have decided that eating my friends isn't right for me. I do not hold it against anyone else who eats meat. I do believe it is important to help people see the truth, which is that animals have the same emotions and fears as we do. Is it right, in the honor of god or whatever/whoever you choose to worship, to slaughter and consume your chosen creators children? It is your decision to make. I've already made mine!

With Light and Love,
                  Beamer

Comment

Merry meet, BelieverInGod. I have indeed been on a far...in fact I was raised on one! My family made sure the animals were well cared for. However, as an animal lover, I have decided that eating my friends isn't right for me. I do not hold it against anyone else who eats meat. I do believe it is important to help people see the truth, which is that animals have the same emotions and fears as we do. Is it right, in the honor of god or whatever/whoever you choose to worship, to slaughter and consume your chosen creators children? It is your decision to make. I've already made mine!

With Light and Love,
                    Beamer
                    I do not eat my friends either, but I still eat meat.

Comment

Lisa why is that Beaner derailing my thread on glorious Bacon? I am hoping one of my Sisters will make a Bacon apple pie for me(hint hint wink wink)

Comment

Originally posted by James Dewitt View Post
                        Lisa why is that Beaner derailing my thread on glorious Bacon? I am hoping one of my Sisters will make a Bacon apple pie for me(hint hint wink wink)
                        I don't know why she is derailing your thread Brother James. I will make you a Bacon Apple Pie.

While it cooking you can have a slice of egg & bacon pie.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa H View Post
                          I don't know why she is derailing your thread Brother James. I will make you a Bacon Apple Pie.

While it cooking you can have a slice of egg & bacon pie.

Sister I think I am in love egg and bacon pie. I am on the way.

Comment

With Light and Love,
                            Beamer
                            Really, somehow I don't believe you. Probably because you give the petaphile answers of how animals are all tortured. My family thought I was a bit weird for turning food into pets, but since I had no issues with eating said pets they didn't really worry about it.

Anyway, as Brother Dewitt pointed out, this is a bit off the mark as when preparing bacon the pig is long dead. Then if done properly it is Maple Cured and then smoked.

Oh, and I'd like you to meet Ham and Bacon, my two hogs that will be butchered next fall
                            Last edited by BelieverInGod; 04-03-2013, 06:42 PM.
                            Drama queen

Comment

Sister BIG, maybe this would be a good time to point out to Beaner what would happen to him if he was out strolling in the woods and met a few wild pigs. (Or, for that matter, domestic pigs which had gotten loose and were hungry.)
                              Bible boring? Nonsense!
                              Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
                              You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

Originally posted by James Dewitt View Post
                                my thread on glorious Bacon....I am hoping one of my Sisters will make a Bacon apple pie for me (hint hint wink wink)
                                My, I will try to research a recipe for that! My first thought is I can't quite picture it, but then, it's true that many meats are very good with a cooked fruit compote on the side (think turkey and cranberry sauce), so I can see it working.

Hmmmm.....

I think I am too dainty to handle your hefty bacon burger recipe in the O.P! But I have oftentimes enjoyed a toasted peanut butter sandwich layered with bacon. (This should be made with smooth peanut butter, so you're not distracted from the crunch of the bacon and toast.)

(And beware "bacon bits". Half of them out there aren't made with real bacon.)

Comment

Working...
                                X