X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DEUTERONOMY 22:28 If a woman is raped, she MUST marry her rapist.

Originally posted by Noah Sole View Post
    Read the Bible - the answer is there
    Well, several answers are there, Brother, but its not clear to me where that one is.

Obviously the woman will be stoned on her wedding night per Deuteronomy 22:20-21 However, there is the punishment for the man to be thought of. It seems that the theft of virginity goes unpunished if the rapist simply has the common sense to deny it was him or run away. Now sure, he's punished in Hell in the afterlife (and may be killed directly by God - Romans 6:23) but that's no good to the poor father of the girl is it? Does his crime go totally unpunished?

Could you point me to where these answers are to be found, Brother? I'm certain you're not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine Moore View Post
      Well, several answers are there, Brother, but its not clear to me where that one is.

Obviously the woman will be stoned on her wedding night per Deuteronomy 22:20-21 However, there is the punishment for the man to be thought of. It seems that the theft of virginity goes unpunished if the rapist simply has the common sense to deny it was him or run away. Now sure, he's punished in Hell in the afterlife (and may be killed directly by God - Romans 6:23) but that's no good to the poor father of the girl is it? Does his crime go totally unpunished?

Could you point me to where these answers are to be found, Brother? I'm certain you're not mistaken.
      Sister Catherine you are so nearly there!

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 "If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days."

So the rapist has not paid the fifty shekels or married her by running away, clearly he has 'stolen or dealt falsely':

Leviticus 19:11
      Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another.

That's enough help - now find what the punishment should be.

Yours in Christ
      Genesis 7:5
      And Noah did according unto all that the LORD commanded him.

John 8:32
      And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

sigpic

Comment

Obviously the woman will be stoned on her wedding night per Deuteronomy 22:20-21
        Why would you assume such a whorish child would ever get married? Mr. Etheldreda would never consent to such a union with one of our sons. Wouldn't the girl be the rightful burden of her negligent father for the rest of his life?
        Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Thank you for your reiteration, Brother. It's good to know I'm on the right track.

I'm confused by the point you make about it being theft or false dealing, though, once your reiteration ends. If it were simple theft then the Deuteronomy passage would not be needed - it would be punished as any other theft. God, however, has laid out a specific punishment for this particular form of theft.

Lets stick with the example of theft - its a good one. Normally the punishment is excessive fines or slavery (Exodus 22:1-3) but if a thief steals slaves though they are to be killed (Exodus 21:16).

So we have a blanket prohibition against theft but then an exception in the case of slave theft. It seems clear that this is another such exception as a specific punishment is mentioned. Just as not executing a thief who stole slaves would be against God's law, so would not fining a rapist (in this situation) 50 shekels. We can't simply avoid the punishment because we think we are doing right (Proverbs 11:21)

So, while your post was, as usual, insightful and well-reasoned I'm afraid it has left me further confused. Is your argument that if a specific punishment cannot be levied for whatever reason then a lesser one suffices? I don't see the scripture for that so I'm sure it is not. Thank you so much for indulging me and if I could just trouble you to explain that last point I would greatly appreciate it.

Mary - an excellent point.

Comment

So, while your post was, as usual, insightful and well-reasoned I'm afraid it has left me further confused.
            Miss Moore, I have to say, this badgering of a True Christian™ gentleman is most unbecoming. It's a little embarrassing to watch. Have you opened your Holy Bible as good Brother Sole recommended from the very beginning?

Or...are you harping on for personal reasons? Are you no longer a credible choice for marriage? Have you slipped in sin and found natural consequences to your "lady of the evening" ensemble?

Thank you, dear.
            Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Thank you for your reiteration, Brother. It's good to know I'm on the right track.

I'm confused by the point you make about it being theft or false dealing, though, once your reiteration ends. If it were simple theft then the Deuteronomy passage would not be needed - it would be punished as any other theft. God, however, has laid out a specific punishment for this particular form of theft.

Lets stick with the example of theft - its a good one. Normally the punishment is excessive fines or slavery (Exodus 22:1-3) but if a thief steals slaves though they are to be killed (Exodus 21:16).

So we have a blanket prohibition against theft but then an exception in the case of slave theft. It seems clear that this is another such exception as a specific punishment is mentioned. Just as not executing a thief who stole slaves would be against God's law, so would not fining a rapist (in this situation) 50 shekels. We can't simply avoid the punishment because we think we are doing right (Proverbs 11:21)

So, while your post was, as usual, insightful and well-reasoned I'm afraid it has left me further confused. Is your argument that if a specific punishment cannot be levied for whatever reason then a lesser one suffices? I don't see the scripture for that so I'm sure it is not. Thank you so much for indulging me and if I could just trouble you to explain that last point I would greatly appreciate it.

Sister Catherine are you really trying?

The theft/false dealing is committed because the man does not pay the girl's father the 50 shekels (it's as if I used someone's car but didn't pay the rental fee) and does not marry her.

For further assistance as to the next step so that the offender does not evade justice see Leviticus 6.

YIC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
                Miss Moore, I have to say, this badgering of a True Christian™ gentleman is most unbecoming. It's a little embarrassing to watch. Have you opened your Holy Bible as good Brother Sole recommended from the very beginning?
                My apologies, sister. I had perhaps taken Proverbs 18:15 a little too close to heart while avoiding the complement in Proverbs 14:6

I shall stop 'badgering' Brother Sole for an explanation it seems I am not able to comprehend. As he is, as I understand it, unmarried it was, you are correct, unbecoming to expect him to have been forced to gain the necessary skills in explaining matters simply enough for a female to understand.

Comment

unbecoming to expect him to have been forced to gain the necessary skills in explaining matters simply enough for a female to understand.
                  It is a burden no man should be put through. Those of us who have been called to the married life are blessed indeed to have such husbands take on this role. I am forever grateful to Mr. Etheldreda for having corrected me soundly many times in the past until I could finally remember to stop annoying him with my prattling on, and trust instead in the Good LORD.

Comment

Sister Catherine

I am able to help if you have really tried your hardest (I acknowledge your inadequacies) but I would refer you to:

Deuteronomy 4:29
                    But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

It does not say:
                    But if from thence thou shalt get someone else to seek the LORD thy God for you......

All the best

sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm

I never doubted you would help as best you could Brother. Hebrews 13:16, Philippians 2:4, 1 John 3:17, Galatians 6:2 and many many others would need to be missing from your trusty KJV.

Comment

What is the difference between Jesus and a period? A period comes back.

Please kill yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Johan Olivier View Post
                          That's silly, dear. The LORD made a woman's cycle to work on a schedule (presumably so she would never forget her natural place in life: Genesis 3:16). Jesus, unlike a woman's cycle, will come back but one time, and quite unexpectedly at that.

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
                          For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
                          For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child;
                          and they shall not escape.
                          But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
                          1 Thessalonians 5:1-4

Comment

Originally posted by Johan Olivier View Post

Please kill yourselves.
                            Dear Godmocking Maggot;

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule of worshiping satan and sucking off anyone with a dollar to post this hateful message. The Holy Bible tells us that we are actually Blessed by your persecution! Thanks for proving that we're right.

Matthew 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
                            5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
                            5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
                            Enjoy hell. I know that Jesus and I can't wait to watch you burn in hell for all eternity. Oh, how we'll laugh at you as you scream in agony! Shout Glory!!

YIC,

--Pastor Ezekiel
                            Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

@ All you so called ministers, first of all you are all guilty of this scripture here:

James 1:19-20

Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

Also this one:

Mark 12:31

And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Ok so she got raped and yes she must marry her rapist, but who are u to call her disgusting, and filthy as if your without sin, ur a sinner like we all are and your not always biblically correct either u think ur righteous and ur not based on this scripture here:

Romans 3:11-12

“None is righteous, no, not one; 11 no one understands; no one seeks for God.
                              12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.”

Ok unless ur calling GOD a liar u are warned to repent, this a warning from Almighty GOD HIMSELF!! And like u say don't shoot the messenger, if u have a problem contact the message maker!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skyy1985 View Post
                                @ All you so called ministers, first of all you are all guilty of this scripture here:

James 1:19-20

Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

Also this one:

Mark 12:31

And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Ok so she got raped and yes she must marry her rapist, but who are u to call her disgusting, and filthy as if your without sin, ur a sinner like we all are and your not always biblically correct either u think ur righteous and ur not based on this scripture here:

Romans 3:11-12

“None is righteous, no, not one; 11 no one understands; no one seeks for God.
                                12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.”

Ok unless ur calling GOD a liar u are warned to repent, this a warning from Almighty GOD HIMSELF!! And like u say don't shoot the messenger, if u have a problem contact the message maker!!!
                                You sound so angry. And quite insistent upon interpreting the Word of God to suit your personal emotional needs. Are you a homosexual?

Comment

Working...
                                X