X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?

Originally posted by Bruhman73638 View Post
    It was a joke, do you have any drop of humor in you?
    You'll have to explain it to me. Type slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda
      If you have some insight about what Scripture says about inflation, please do share.
      Happily by adhering to quantities of gold and silver, Biblical values as stated are pretty well inflation proof. Sixty-nine shekels, for instance, would be either a specific weight in gold or in silver. Similar systems have existed that we're vaguely familiar with. A pound weight of silver was a Pound sterling at one time. A cheap enough metal, easy to look up the price. There are also gold coins of specific weights.
      The advantage is that your coin is always worth the same amount, namely, an ounce of gold (in the above example) or of silver if it's a silver coin and so on. There may be platinum coins, I quite like iridium brooches and I'm sure a mint somewhere would make me iridium coins if I wanted them. Palladium is another one; the point remains however that whatever your coin's made out of, that's what it will be worth at any time. This idea that money changes in value all the time (downwards, mostly) so that an ounce of gold, or sixty-nine ounces, or shekels or tons, will forever be seeming to increase in price – even though its value remains the same @ 1 (or 69) unit(s) of gold (or silver, or platinum, or iridium, or palladium) but in this case God states the value of a daughter to be 50 units of weight.

Originally posted by Bruhman73638
      various comments
      HOMEWORK
      Were the units of gold or silver?
      How many other metals were used back then?
      Has inflation affected the price of people as stated by God when buying one?

There are so many ignorant types out there who have no idea what God's values really are, set out with considerable detail provided in The Bible. Making up a belief system in which social justice is ascribed according to worldly criteria cannot possibly lead to God. The more people reject Him, the more His Perfect Love is compromised. What values are important to you? Eternal joy? Or eternal agony.

Comment

What is this about

Comment

Originally posted by Bruhman73638 View Post
          What is this about
          It's about the Bible--one of the most significant influences that have shaped human history in the past and which continues to inform contemporary society. If you are not interested in learning about it, you really are wasting your time here.
          His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy

Comment

Working...
          X