This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rapture Index: are you Ready for the Rapture?

Originally posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond View Post
    It's important not to sweat the small stuff.

Here's one thing that's caused me to do some re-calculations: Mr. Leviathan, A.K.A. the Great Fish (Isaiah 27:1 Job 41:1 Psalm 104:26 Psalm 74:14 ) lives in the Baltic sea now, and is farting a lot:
    What's going on? Some speculations, and their effect upon the date of the rapture:
    1. Leviathan has been eating lots of Chinese plastic. All those bat-burger wrappings for bad for his digestion. +3 Hours 5.4 seconds
    2. Leviathan is fine, The hollow earth theory is correct, and the bottom of the ocean has sprung a leak. -3 Hours 4 Minutes 1 second
    3. The oceans have started turning to blood, as prophesized. (Revelation 8:8-9 Revelation 16:3-5) For some reason there is an unmentioned transitional phase where the oceans become Dr. Pepper. .001 planck units faster or slower (due to quantum effects).
    As an expert on the Rapture, Brother Jeb, could you give us an updated Index number? If 10 is Rapture Tomorrow, what number are we at today? It will help people to prepare in time.
    Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

My understanding is that the Rapture Index closely tracks the target benchmark provided by the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists. They're calling it - 100 seconds to midnight, or 17 furlongs short of a country mile in standard units of international geopolitical unrest.

That means the chance of Rapture is 99.884%! So get those masks on (personally, I'll wait for Brother Jeb's update before doing anything rash).

If I have seen further, it is by standing on the heads of others.

Comment

So many great preachers over time have been wrong about the Rapture. For example, Billy Graham said judgment of sinners can be withheld or suspended--that we don't know anything as to when the Rapture will occur.

Today we know better. We have seen sin on the rise: homerism, trans, abortion, liberals and all the rest. That is the sure sign it's coming right up.

Revelation 4: The rapture question | Voice (christianpost.com)
        Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole View Post
          17 furlongs short of a country mile
          I'm not sure why they're standing like that but it's not the sort of thing I'd expect to see, even on an atomic scientists' bulletin.

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
            I'm not sure why they're standing like that but it's not the sort of thing I'd expect to see, even on an atomic scientists' bulletin.
            Ugh, atheists can't help themselves can they. Just for five minutes, stop pleasuring yourself to spite Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole View Post
              the chance of Rapture is 99.884%!

I've been thinking: 99.884% would be based on the total number of seconds? For so-called scientists, the 100 seconds would be a smaller fraction because they need more seconds to have elapsed for their theories to work.

4,567,000,000 years × 31,557,600 seconds in a year = 144,123,559,200,000,000 seconds

100 seconds would be:
              one hundred, one-hundred-and-forty-four-Quadrillion one-hundred-and-twenty-three-Trillion five-hundred-and-fifty-nine-Billion two-hundred-Millionths of the age they propose

(or)

1/1,441,235,592,000,000

which seems less than 0.116% to me so presumably scientists think The Rapture has already happened? Or at least its antineutrinos would be detectable according to superluminal velocities and the inverse cube law. Am I missing something here? My calculator ran into difficulties with the magnitudes.
              Attached Files

Comment

I've been thinking: 99.884% would be based on the total number of seconds? For so-called scientists, the 100 seconds would be a smaller fraction because they need more seconds to have elapsed for their theories to work.

4,567,000,000 years × 31,557,600 seconds in a year = 144,123,559,200,000,000 seconds

100 seconds would be:
                one hundred, one-hundred-and-forty-four-Quadrillion one-hundred-and-twenty-three-Trillion five-hundred-and-fifty-nine-Billion two-hundred-Millionths of the age they propose

(or)

1/1,441,235,592,000,000

which seems less than 0.116% to me so presumably scientists think The Rapture has already happened? Or at least its antineutrinos would be detectable according to superluminal velocities and the inverse cube law. Am I missing something here? My calculator ran into difficulties with the magnitudes.
                The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists' preferred unit system is a clock that has a full scale deflection of 15 minutes and 20 seconds: "The clock's original setting in 1947 was seven minutes to midnight. It has since been set backward eight times and forward 16 times for a total of 24, the farthest from midnight being 17 minutes in 1991, and the nearest being 100 seconds, from 2020 to the present."

Strange, but when you detach from Biblical constants, such as the gold standard, Gerah, Beka, Pim and Mina you're basically free to make up anything you want.

So while I agree that scientists should use 4.567 billion years in the denominator rather than 24 hours (a standard clock), it would also be internally consistent for them to use a 15:20 min baseline (89.1304% chance of Rapture). Presumably they chose the one that would sell more atomic physics textbooks.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying. Provided that The Rapture did not occur sometime in the 1st Century, making Paul the author bringing Christ to those left behind, I am confident that I am Rapture Ready.

Comment

I am confident that I am Rapture Ready.
                    Stand down, Sister. Jim's called it - no nuclear war.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X