X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James: the Epistle of Straw.

A heads up for you works based type of Christians. First of all, James was not one of the 12.

As mentioned in the title, Martin Luther referred to the book of James as the "Epistle of Straw."

According to James' own words:

James 1:1
    James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

This proves, point blank, that it does not occupy or "trump" the same position as the letter of Paul, which clearly states.

Romans 3:28

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

I know that some of you are confused by

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

,but one look no further than the Textus Receptus.
    Originally posted by [FONT=ARIAL
    Stephens 1550] [/FONT]ean taiV glwssaiV twn anqrwpwn lalw kai twn aggelwn agaphn de mh ecw gegona calkoV hcwn h kumbalon alalazo

agaphn is a conjugation of agape or love, a love like that of Christ's.

It is a charity to be so filled with the love of God, but the verse clearly refers to Love of our Brothers and Sisters in Christ, not charity as in giving to the poor.

Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic
Working...
X