X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Bible Verse

Originally posted by Apotheosis View Post
    I forgot the exact verse, but I like it when Jesus comes down from heaven to kill the pharaoh to free the Jews. I know killing is bad and all, but that's why most people are terrified of spiders now.
    Wow

Comment

Originally posted by Apotheosis View Post
      I forgot the exact verse, but I like it when Jesus comes down from heaven to kill the pharaoh to free the Jews. I know killing is bad and all, but that's why most people are terrified of spiders now.
      Originally posted by Catherine Moore View Post
      Wow
      Really. You think he deserves a couple more of these ?

Comment

Originally posted by Didymus Much View Post
        Really. You think he deserves a couple more of these ?
        On a shingle, perhaps.
        Bible boring? Nonsense!
        Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
        You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

One of my favorites:

"The righteous will rejoice when he sees the vengeance;
          he will ubathe his feet in the blood of the wicked." (Psalm 58:10)
          "Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up." (Hosea 13:16)

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jared View Post
            One of my favorites:

"The righteous will rejoice when he sees the vengeance;
            he will ubathe his feet in the blood of the wicked." (Psalm 58:10)
            That is a very inspiring verse Brother, but we use the King James Bible, version 1611, here at Landover. Psalm 58:10 reads as follows in the One True Bible©.

10*The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.
            sigpic

Winging our Way Across the World for The Lord!

God Bless John Boehner and God Bless the Grand Old Party!

Barack Hussein Obama is not My President!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. A. Portway View Post
              That is a very inspiring verse Brother, but we use the King James Bible, version 1611, here at Landover. Psalm 58:10 reads as follows in the One True Bible©.
              Oh, I will order a hard book copy right away and use an online version of KJBV 1611 until it arrives. Can you recommend a website, my friend?
              "Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up." (Hosea 13:16)

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jared View Post
                Oh, I will order a hard book copy right away and use an online version of KJBV 1611 until it arrives. Can you recommend a website, my friend?
                http://www.biblegateway.com/

Just make sure your preferences are set for the KJV. I think it defaults to the NIV or some such watered-down nonsense.
                sigpic

Winging our Way Across the World for The Lord!

God Bless John Boehner and God Bless the Grand Old Party!

Barack Hussein Obama is not My President!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. A. Portway View Post
                  http://www.biblegateway.com/

Just make sure your preferences are set for the KJV. I think it defaults to the NIV or some such watered-down nonsense.
                  I utmost thank you, my friend, and will present you this great quote:

"But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased" (Hebrews 13:16)

Comment

And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: mathew 6:28

Comment

I also enjoy at time the story of the end times.
                      Luke 17:32-37

King James Version (KJV)

32 Remember Lot's wife.
                      33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
                      34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
                      35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
                      36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
                      37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

Comment

Pr 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
                        Ecclesiastes 4:5 The fool foldeth his hands together, and eateth his own flesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Pen Eses Eater View Post
                          Pr 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
                          He'll be laughing His Holy ass off at you once you're down in hell, being satan's favorite party ewe.
                          Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Titus 2:3-5

3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

I've always loved this quote!!! it is a passage of biblical truth from a generation to the next!

Yesterday in the afternoon I went to Mrs J*** to have a tea together and discuss of some activities of or group of Christian mothers. I love mrs J!

She is a 50 years old still beautiful lady, mother of 7 sons and 3 daughters, wife (for 32 years in september) of a retired judge that now is mayor of our town, and no need to say, wonderful Godly woman.

She was standing still, but told me to seat (I am 8 months pregnant). "Do you mind my standing still, julie?" she asked me. I said no, but she noticed my surprise.
                            she smiled in her calm and warm way.
                            "yesterday I made a mistake, and Mr J was so kind to remind me what is the place that God assigned to women" she simply said.

with a even warmer smile, she added: "we wives, know how it must work, don't we?"
                            and then she reminded to me how it is important for viwes always to remember their place, as clearly described in the Bible, and that we have to put our best efforts to be in every moment the obedient and submissive wives God commanded us to be.

I really admire that lady, and I hope I will have such a wonderful marriage as she has with Mr J!!!!

We young ladies, need these mature women to encourage us to follow the biblical rules.

Comment

Ezekiel 23:19-20
                              King James Version (KJV)
                              19 Yet she multiplied her whoredoms, in calling to remembrance the days of her youth, wherein she had played the harlot in the land of Egypt.

20 For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.

Comment

Those are great ones!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X