X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.

Originally posted by Alphonse Alban View Post
    Bible is the most logical book ever written, as it is a perfect word of God. You see, notice the word "image". It is true that Adam was a true Caucasian male and image of God, but only image, not a God.

As God is perfect, it's perfectly logical that God is logical, because as He is perfectly logical also His logic must be perfect, because God Himself is perfect.
    You make an assumption that a thing, "logic", has the divine attribute of perfection. Can you prove that logic is perfect? If logic were perfect, it would always lead to salvation, but the use of logic often leads to "questioning" and, is, therefore, man or Satan made.

This is such a simple argument, even my loser cousin DeWayne understands it.
    John 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadofGrace View Post
      You make an assumption that a thing, "logic", has the divine attribute of perfection. Can you prove that logic is perfect? If logic were perfect, it would always lead to salvation, but the use of logic often leads to "questioning" and, is, therefore, man or Satan made.

This is such a simple argument, even my loser cousin DeWayne understands it.
      The mistake your are making is assuming that "logic" is a "thing". Logic is not a "thing", it is a process.
      Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
      brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
      ...and get off my lawn
      sigpic

Comment

Can you prove that logic is perfect?
        Oh dear, you still don't get it. There is logic and there is logic. One of God is perfect as God is perfect. Very simple. This is still not the point.

This is not the case of proving existence of logic or road to salvation. Of course this is pointless as Bible is true on all accounts as it is written by God. This is just a simple matter of showing without a doubt that Bible is true. If logic is too difficult concept for you to understand, you can change title of this thread in your head to "Reason proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written." No matter how you look at it, this is just another way to high-light the known fact, that Bible is perfect, from the different angle. Even hell-bound heathens must admit that Bible is perfect when faced with overwhelming evidence such as this.

Simple.

Comment

Your interpretation is one possible interpretation, but obviously, in error, because he included male in the third clause. If the third clause had been "and female he created he him." then what you say would assuredly be correct. In respect to "image" he was showing equality of the sexes. God's ways are ever mysterious.

That was a pretty stupid thing to say. God does not allow us to interpret the Bible. He wrote down what He wanted it to say.

Does it say He created women in His image? No. It says He created women. Period. So did He create women in His image? No.

Of course you can make the Bible mean anything to you if you don't actually look at what it says, but at what you think it should've said and ignoring the actual words of the Text, and pulling in various unrelated words from other parts of the Bible.

Your preposterous belief in radical feminism colors your reading of the Bible, because you think women should be worth the same as men you try to force God's words to fit your preconceived notions. But by doing that you're actually claiming you know better than God what the Bible should've said.

Fortunately you are not smarter than God, so I'll take God's Word over yours as to what He meant. Just like you should.

So why were women created? God does explain that, and you don't even have to mangle Bible verses to fit the explanation to make it sound reasonable:
          Genesis 2:18-21:
          And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
          19 And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
          20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
          21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
          22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

In verse 18 God explains Adam needs a help meet. In 19 God creates all animals and birds. In 20 God acknowledges that no animal is fit as a help meet to Adam. So in 21-22 He creates a woman so Adam can have his help meet.
          That's what a woman is, not just like a man created in God's image, but something different and distinct, something created for one and only one reason: to help and serve a man.

And on her position in society:
          I Corinthians 11:3
          But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
          I Corinthians 11:8-9
          For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

Moreover, all the verses I quoted in this post prove in yet another way that your interpretation is wrong: if Genesis 1:27 should be interpreted as you say, with men and women being equal, how do you explain that in other verses women are not equal to men? It would mean the Bible is not internally consistent and that God is not always and forever the same, but whimsically changes His mind over important issues. That obviously can't be true, because God says it isn't true. The Bible is one perfect whole, completely logical and consistent.
          Leviticus 26:15-16
          And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant: I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

Comment

Remember, this isn't just the most accurate history book. The Bible is the most accurate science book of all time too!

Because all other history books are based off of written accounts by people, they are flawed. Whereas the Bible is the Word of God and cannot be flawed.
            And he made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about. 1 Kings 7:23
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alphonse Alban View Post
              For us Christians it is obvious that KJV Bible is 100% accurate on all accounts as it is the perfect word of God and there are NO contradiction in it. However, if there are someones doubting it, it can be easily demonstrated how wrong they are.

Especially New testament is handy for this, as there are several different accurate records about life of Jesus. These are of course four gospels. They are all 100% accurate eyewitness reports of men whose hands were moved by God.
              2 Timothy 3:16

So we all know how Jesus went over sea of Galilee into the land Gergesenes, (also known as land of Gadarenes) drove devils out of men, killed whole livestock of nearby city in process and because of that angered the people of the city and then came back home. Not only we know that, but we also can see exactly how this happened and how all the people were placed at the scene. We can even see the direction of the wind because Bible is so accurate about these historical events.

I drew quickly this picture as well to highlight the obvious, so not even the most skeptical reader can't deny the historical accuracy of this account.
              Actually and don't hate me for saying this there is a contradiction in the Bible because it says God is all knowing and all good but if he is all good then he cant know the feeling of lust so not all knowing but if he does know the feeling of lust then he's not all good see what i mean?
              Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done
              abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Comment

Originally posted by Science=Satan View Post
                Actually and don't hate me for saying this there is a contradiction in the Bible because it says God is all knowing and all good but if he is all good then he cant know the feeling of lust so not all knowing but if he does know the feeling of lust then he's not all good see what i mean?
                Wow. Stretch much?

Who claims that the Bible says that God cannot feel lust? Or, if He could, that it would be a bad thing?

Here's a crazy idea: READ THE BIBLE AND SEE WHAT IT SAYS FOR YOURSELF.

Exodus 34:14 "For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:"

See? The Bible ACTUALLY SAYS that God is jealous. You don't have to pull unsupported hypotheses out of your ass when the Bible gives you everything you need.

So a much more cohesive argument to have with Christians is why:

-God is jealous

added to

-God is good

means jealousy is good (according to the Bible).

Do you now see how reading the Bible and knowing what it really says (as opposed to trying to make stuff up) helps you NOT look like a fool?

Takeaway from this: READ THE BIBLE. Start here: http://biblehub.com/kjv/genesis/1.htm

Comment

I haven't seen a talking snake around these parts...
                  Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done
                  abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Comment

Originally posted by Atheist123456 View Post
                    And that is significant why?
                    1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Comment

Originally posted by AtheistAsshat View Post
                      Don't worry, you'll see plenty of them in hell.
                      Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Science=Satan View Post
                        You seem to be confusing knowing how something feels and actually feeling it. For example, I understand why people are frustrated that black people all expect government handouts instead of having to work for a living, but I'm not a racist.
                        The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Logic can not prove the accuracy of the Bible as logic can not exist in God. "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." Genesis 1:27
                          Thus, in order for God to have logic, logic must exist in man AND woman. Surely, it is self evident that there has never been a logical woman, so the proposition fails.
                          If God wanted women to be logical, He wouldn't have given them periods.
                          The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Originally posted by Didymus Much View Post
                            Wow. Stretch much?

Who claims that the Bible says that God cannot feel lust? Or, if He could, that it would be a bad thing?

Exodus 34:14 "For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:"

See? The Bible ACTUALLY SAYS that God is jealous. You don't have to pull unsupported hypotheses out of your ass when the Bible gives you everything you need.

-God is jealous

added to

-God is good

Do you now see how reading the Bible and knowing what it really says (as opposed to trying to make stuff up) helps you NOT look like a fool?

Takeaway from this: READ THE BIBLE. Start here: http://biblehub.com/kjv/genesis/1.htm
                            If lust isn't a bad thing then what about Matthew 5:28? "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart".

Comment

Originally posted by ApleInc View Post
                              If lust isn't a bad thing then what about Matthew 5:28?
                              Making another account does not make you any less dumb. You are still missing the point.

Originally posted by Didymus Much View Post
                              Wow. Stretch much?

-God is jealous

added to

-God is good

Comment

Originally posted by ApleInc View Post
                                If lust isn't a bad thing then what about Matthew 5:28? "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart".
                                Just because God knows what lust feels like doesn't mean it's not a bad thing. Our loving Lord understands all of our shortcomings only too well; indeed, He came to Earth and experienced greater temptation than any of us will ever have to (Matthew 4:1-10), and yet did not succumb. Why? Because He is born of God and cannot sin.
                                1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
                                Our Lord commands us to be perfect like Him, and so we are.
                                Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
                                So when you see a pretty young thing in a short dress and high heels walk past you on the street, you immediately start thinking of all the naughty things you'd love to do to her if you only had the chance. We, on the other hand, do not, because we have been made pure with the blood of our Lord and cannot sin.
                                Proverbs 27:15 A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike.

Comment

Working...
                                X