X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion of the Republican code-word list

Sorry if this news article is slightly off topic, but it highlights the use of 'codewords' to disguise unpopular phrases.

Here's a new one:

UK Government renames Islamic terrorism as 'anti-Islamic activity' to woo Muslims
    By JAMES SLACK -

Ministers have adopted a new language for declarations on Islamic terrorism. In future, fanatics will be referred to as pursuing "anti-Islamic activity". Home Secretary Jacqui Smith said that extremists were behaving contrary to their faith, rather than acting in the name of Islam. Security officials believe that directly linking terrorism to Islam is inflammatory, and risks alienating mainstream Muslim opinion.

In her first major speech on radicalisation, Miss Smith repeatedly used the phrase "anti-Islamic". In one passage she said: "As so many Muslims in the UK and across the world have pointed out, there is nothing Islamic about the wish to terrorise, nothing Islamic about plotting murder, pain and grief. "Indeed, if anything, these actions are anti-Islamic'.

Another section referred to enlisting the Muslim community against "anti-Islamic activity". Her words were chosen to reflect new Government strategy on labelling the terrorists and their recruiting agents. The shift follows a decision taken last year to stop using the phrase "war on terror", first adopted by U.S. President Bush. Officials were concerned it could act as a recruiting tool for Al Qaeda, which is determined to manufacture a battle between the values of Islam and the West. The strategy emerging across Government is to portray terrorists as nothing more than cold-blooded murderers who are not fighting for any religious cause. Al Qaeda inspired terrorism is instead being described by key figures as "more like a death cult".

Last night the Home Office stressed that no phrases have been "banned". But senior Whitehall sources have made it clear that the "war on terror" and "Islamic extremism" will not be used again by people at the top of Government or those involved in counterterrorism strategy. Sir Ken Macdonald, the Director of Public Prosecutions, has also said phrases which liken London to a " battlefield" will no longer be used.

But the move led to accusations of "hand-wringing". Conservative MP Philip Davies said no Muslim constituent had ever complained to him about the use of the term "Islamic extremism". The Shipley MP added: "Whenever anyone refers to Islamic terrorism, they are not saying all Muslims are terrorists. "Everybody knows what people mean is terrorists doing it in the name of Islam, misguidedly. "If the Government spent less time worrying about this, and more time worrying about things such as having effective border controls, we would be getting somewhere."

In her speech, Miss Smith said extremists who use the internet to radicalise young children would be pursued in the same way as paedophiles. She will meet members of the online industry in the next few weeks to decide how to crack down on Al Qaeda inspired sites. Illegal material will be tracked down and removed using tactics already deployed against online paedophiles. Those guilty of grooming youngsters for terrorism could face prosecution under incitement laws. Miss Smith said: "If we are ready and willing to take action to stop the grooming of vulnerable young people on social networking sites, then I believe we should also take action against those who groom vulnerable people for the purposes of violent extremism."

Her plans also include a new unit to sift through intelligence gathered by police and security agents. The unit will be told to "identify, analyse and assess not just the inner circle of extremist groups, but those at risk of falling under their influence". Young people found to be falling under the spell of potential terrorists will be targeted for help by community leaders and the authorities. Outdoor activity centres and sports facilities will be sent guidance to stop them being used as meeting places by fanatics after the July 7 bombers were photographed attending a white water rafting centre in Wales.
    Mosques will be helped to root out extremism, with imams encouraged to learn English. Efforts will be made to improve the access of women to mosques and their management committees. There will be new advice for universities on how to deal with extremism on campus, and a crackdown on extremist material in libraries and galleries. A forum of headteachers will be set up to advise on what more can be done to protect children and build bridges between communities. Youngsters will be taught about all faiths in schools, and £2million will be spent "twinning" schools of different faiths. Funding will be boosted to allow more youngsters to carry out volunteer work overseas.

The Government also wants to hold more "roadshows" of mainstream Islamic scholarship around the country. Miss Smith said: "Counter-terrorist policing is not just about the sharp end - the disruption of those who seek to attack us - crucial though that is.
    "It must also be about stopping people becoming or supporting terrorists. We can't, after all, simply arrest our way out of this problem."
    May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Re: GOP strategy memo: proper codewords for the election year

So does that mean that when I set mosques on fire and spraypaint "Mahommedan wogs go home" on the paki shops - sorry, minority shops, at night, it makes me an Islamic terrorist like Barack Obama? The world's gone mad.
    O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.

Comment

Now I'm more confused than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeb Thurmond View Post
        Dear Friends,

What we say now = codeword to replace it with

jews = liberal elites
        Can we replace the words "liberal elites" with "Leaders of the Free World"?
        "I don't believe in Jesus."

Comment

What we say now = codeword to replace it with

blacks = criminals

Can we replace "criminals" with "Babies Daddies"
          Landover's Newest African American Minister. Worship an African Jesus!

"O lord, why is thy heaven so bright? and the lord returned: If it was dark, you would not be able to see my form for I am a man like you, only with the color of the night"

Comment

That's fantastic, Rabbi Abe Goldsharpton. Maybe you butt buddies can come up with some original codewords.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbi_Abe_Goldstein View Post
              You'd make a nice replacement for my lampshade.
              O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.

Comment

Outdoor activity centres and sports facilities will be sent guidance to stop them being used as meeting places by fanatics after the July 7 bombers were photographed attending a white water rafting centre in Wales.
                It's about time someone took action on this. I've been saying all along that our outdoor activity centers are way too vulnerable to terrorist attack.

Originally posted by Rabbi_Abe_Goldstein View Post
                If the jews really were in charge of the world, nothing would be free. 8)

Pour out thy fury upon the heathen that know thee not, and upon the families that call not on thy name.... Jeremiah 10:25

Comment

I don't believe in couching the truth in sissified "pretty talk." That's for homers. This fall, the GOP ought to call a spade a spade, and warn the American people of the consequences of their vote.

By not actively opposing Barack Hussein Obama, America is in for a four-year period of misery, characterized by rampant pie thievery, rap videos, 40 oz. malt liquor bottles on the White House lawn, and other abominations to real (e.g. White) Americans.

Comment

Update: We're doing some research to find out how racially-concious we we can be without appearing "racist".

Here's an idea, maybe just stop being racist. If you have to hide the fact that you're a hateful racist, shouldn't you maybe think about why that is? I'm sure that God created blacks just so you could hate them and "send em back to Africa."

If Christian values are hating everyone but Republican whites (which by the way God has no part in, Republican and Democratic are man-made entities. I don't remember ever reading that you have to be a republican to love Jesus.) and manipulating people into believing that you're not a sickening, hateful drain on society, then thank you, but I'll stick to being a decent human being...wait, wait, I'm sorry, the correct term is demoncratic, sinnin Jesus hater.
                    Last edited by Jeb Stuart Thurmond; 12-22-2008, 12:51 PM. Reason: quote tag added

Comment

Here's what Jesus says about peace.

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division.--Luke 12:51
                      Begone, demon!
                      Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Peaceisunderstanding View Post
                        I'll stick to being a demoncratic, sinnin Jesus hater.
                        Then I guess you have no reason to be on a Christian church forum, do you?

Shall I ban you now, or ban you later?
                        www.palibandaily.com - Your Christian News Source
                        Huckabee/Palin Gingrich 2012 will reclaim America for Christ! PRAISE!

Christian Ladies:
                        Savor your separation in style at the Monthly Visitor!

Comment

Originally posted by Peaceisunderstanding View Post
                          (which by the way God has no part in, Republican and Democratic are man-made entities. I don't remember ever reading that you have to be a republican to love Jesus.)
                          Then you admit that you haven't read the Bible too carefully, if at all.

Matt. 7:21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Who are those who do the will of the Father in Heaven? Obviously, those are the True Christians™, who are also True Republicans™, as the two are the same.
                          This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

Questions to ask liberal "Christians"Things that the Bible doesn't sayTolerance

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X